NEurope
Daft

Organ Donation

I would never donate my organs. There are far too many people in this world and on top of that, letting weak people survive and have children is bad for the health of the human race.

I would never donate my organs. There are far too many people in this world and on top of that, letting weak people survive and have children is bad for the health of the human race.

This IS SPARTA!!!!!

Best movie quote ever.

Thats a pretty extreme view.

Natural Selection for the win! It's extreme and not plausable, but in the wild, the weak are nothing but meals for the strong and thats good for their specie as a whole. If weak people dont die, then people will just get weaker and weaker in the future.

The rules are ridiculous! Howcome you can't give blood after having piercings etc? I mean, surely everywhere people get one nowadays is properly checked out etc so you won't get any diseases off them will you?

There's a link between piercings and Hepatitis. If they use an unclean needle then you can get the Hep - its very contagious. I'm guessing its a safety precaution.

It says:

You should never give blood if:

1 You carry the hepatitis B virus, the hepatitis C virus or the HIV virus.

2 You're a man who's had sex with another man, even safe sex using a condom.

3 You've ever worked as a prostitute.

4 You've ever injected yourself with drugs - even once.

You should not give blood for 12 months after sex with:

1 A man who has had sex with another man (if you're a female).

2 A prostitute.

3 Anyone who has ever injected themselves with drugs.

4 Anyone with haemophilia or a related blood clotting disorder who has received clotting factor concentrates.

5 Anyone of any race who has been sexually active in parts of the world where AIDS/HIV is very common. This includes countries in Africa.

So, if I had sex with a man, and then at some point had sex with a woman, she wouldn't beable to give blood either! (for 12 months) Jesus. It's ridiculous. University's in Scotland have campaigned against it but they refuse to change the rule.

Its all down to risk. The country is short of blood, and the NBS have deemed it too risky to accept blood off these individuals. I'm sure if they wanted to take it they would.

Natural Selection for the win! It's extreme and not plausable, but in the wild, the weak are nothing but meals for the strong and thats good for their specie as a whole. If weak people dont die, then people will just get weaker and weaker in the future.

:blank:

Heil Hitler!

If natural selection still worked like that, I wouldn't've survived very long. I'm sorry but 'natural selection' isn't a very moral viewpoint, and this thread is kind of all about morals. If your argument is "I have none" then fair enough :P

In some sort of 'respect' to natural selection... well it's kind of agreed that we're evolving mentally, socially and technologically a lot faster than physically.

Physically weak people (in what way, by the way? I'd like to hear just how discriminative you're going :P) aren't necessarily mentally weak.

Giving organs is more about having the choice to save multiple lives after you die. That sort of reach from the grave isn't really what you get if you lived amongst the rabbits and the tigers.

Isn't thats what separates us from the animals?

I can't add anything to what super J7 said. Pretty much nailed it imo.

Weak people would be people who dont even have the means to be alive.

Have you ever, EVER gone to a doctor? If the answer is yes, than you're an hypocrite.

If you dont feed pidgeons, they'll soon go away.:heh:

Would the same thing happen to you if your mum stopped feeding you?

He's probably right though..

About the pigeons or the organ donation?