NEurope
Daft

Organ Donation

Are you going to sign up to donate after you die?

I'll be honest, I'd rather not. I actually thought that I would but thinking about it I'm not so sure. Its a bit freaky but you are saving someone's life...

I'd do it. It's not like I'll need them after I'm dead, I'd rather die in the knowledge that I'd saved several people's lives.

I'm already signed up to donate. I'd like to give someone else a chance when i die. That's if they find anything of any use XD

I would donate. Just not sure I have to sign up for that here or not. =O

But yeah, you're dead anyway so it's not like you can feel them cutting away your organs. Plus you save people's lives.

And my body will be cremated anyway so the less there is to burn, the better for the environment. =P

Nope, i'm not going to do it. They're my organs and i want them to rot with me, not 20 years later.

I plan to get one as soon as possible. It's not like I have much use for them once I'm dead...

I put up all of mine except my Corneas incase my funeral is open coffin or something.

I put up all of mine except my Corneas incase my funeral is open coffin or something.

Same here...theres something a bit odd about getting your corneas removed for someone else...

I'll get cremated thankyou. Take them with me. Unless I change my mind.

What's the point in rotting in a grave. Even more so in a grave rotting with no organs.

Im already signed up - I made the decision when my mum was doing insurance for me and my brothers a few years back. Nowt wrong with it!

What's the point in rotting in a grave. Even more so in a grave rotting with no organs.

I too plan to be cremated, but I think might as well let others benefit from my organs.

If there's something good left, I will donate it. Dunno about the rest of the body, let the living decide it.

QFT.: peace:

Already signed up, its horrible when you see people on the kidney ward hooked up to dialysis machines needinga kidney and there isn't one to spare. Especially sad when its their last dialysis point and its starting to fail on them..

I'm not going to need them when I'm dead, and if over 8 people get a new chance at life when I'm gone.. I'll be happy with that.

Nope, i'm not going to do it. They're my organs and i want them to rot with me, not 20 years later.

:blank:

I think it should be law that everyone needs to be an organ donor. Like FlackBox said, it's horrible when people can't get an organ and they have the threat of death hanging over them. I plan on signing up asap, I couldn't live with myself knowing that if I died, my organs would go to waste and people would die because of me.

I've had a card since I was 12, carry it everywhere. My whole body can be used if it will help someone, eyes, skin, bone, the lot. I think its fairly selfish not to donate, and even worse when someone's family says they can't donate just because they'd look bad in a coffin.

I talked to my mam about it and she said she'd sign up too. Haven't got round to it yet, but it's something i'll get round to.

Also, i'll be letting them have everything.

I think it should be law that everyone needs to be an organ donor. Like FlackBox said, it's horrible when people can't get an organ and they have the threat of death hanging over them. I plan on signing up asap, I couldn't live with myself knowing that if I died, my organs would go to waste and people would die because of me.

No. People should automatically be a donor unless they state otherwise. And if they state otherwise then they shouldn't be entitled to other people's organs.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

The Dutch system is rather excellent. There's this web site that allows you to toggle whether you donate or not whenever you want.

I have mine on off though, but I might change that some day though.

It doesn't bother me, when I am dead I have no use for what I won't use soif somebody needs it, they may take it.

With that said, I don't think the decision should be forced upon anyone. It is ultimately up to them. Donation requires action on behalf of the donor, it is not a donation if you are being forced to give it up.