NEurope
Strider

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

But you've the rides and the parks to sit and have picnics is all I'm saying.

If it was made into a weekend then I'd go. Either with other forumites or just personally.

Oh yay, an extra £30 just to go on rides and pay for food that is more expensive then London :D:D:D:D:D

EDIT: Yes I'm being an asshole, I just think it's a bit of a stupid idea is all.

It was only an option. Jesus. Some people don't just get money from no where.

Which is exactly what I'm saying? It's probably cheaper to get to London then get to the Towers and have to pay entry.

Yes. :heart:

Then this is the best idea evar

I just realised it will be a massive sausage fest.

massive lolz.

p.s You can get 2 for 1 on alton towers tickets in nearly every paper/little chef/shell garage going from may to novemeber.

Well I look forward to feeling extremely awkward around several strangers wearing name-tags and perhaps fancy dress.

I already have a BISH idea or two for the day, which could provide entertainment, as well as some team-based ideas and such. I will be bringing alcohol and some card games, I hope :)

As for cost issues; it's going to cost everyone some sort of amount no matter where a meet-up occurs - hence more than one meet-up! I'll certainly try to go to as many as I can.

London is very unfair for people who live up North, somewhere in the middle of the country is the best bet.

This is why it won't happen.

I definently wanna go to the picnic one. Some epic games will be had, especially team based ones.

I can remember names fine but it's just the habit knowing their usernames more :heh:

Fuck it I'll scavange the money from somewhere. I'll be there whenever.

What about Blackpool guys?

Now come one, It's near the middle of the country, It has a beach, it has a theme park, it has loads of restaurants, arcades, pubs etc. It also has Blackpool tower which is fucking awesome. (Loads of stuff inside, get the lift right to the top and stand on a glass panel, scary as hell!)

There is endless stuff to do there, it won't be too pricey it seems like the perfect option.

Something for everyone!

Pics:

big_one.jpg

tokyotower_012.jpg

Look how high this is! It's right at the top of the pic above, standing on glass feels awesome!

blackpooltowerpic2.jpg

You having a laugh?

I saw a 12 year old with a can of beer in his hand. No way am I going Blackpool without coming away from it with a few broken teeth.

I gues we could always try the 'How many 5 year olds' thing...

London is very unfair for people who live up North, somewhere in the middle of the country is the best bet.

This is why it won't happen.

hey, I'm currently living in Sheffield, and Letty lives on some cray island ... It's happening. Get over it :P

Also; I will most definately be arranging a gathering in Sheffield at the start of the next academic year, which is fairly alright for you, isn't it?

Hopefully by that time I'll be driving so sure, though meeting some of you lot might be dangerous ^.^

blackpool is a pain in the bum, it looks horrible, I'd still vote for alton towers, but considering I live nearby it's easy for me to say.

Simple idea: Everybody go to France. That way it's near NOBODY. Nobody benefits...except if you live in Dover. Does anybody live in Dover?

I live in london so i can get the eurostar about 15 minuites on a bus from my house. So its all good :P

London is pretty easy to get to, but I've never been before *cue very lost looking face*

London is pretty easy to get to, but I've never been before *cue very lost looking face*

You've never been to London? *Rubs eyes in disbelief*

I've never been before either :heh: Least you'll be in your home country. I won't know where the hell i'm going.

I've never been before either :heh: Least you'll be in your home country. I won't know where the hell i'm going.

serves you right for being scottish then :indeed: