NEurope
Strider

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Well me and shorty won't know what dates our exams are 'til later.

Who says this has to be the one-and-only meet up? There could be a few, scattered across time and space; one at alton towers at whatever date, another in london on another, and maybe on in teh midlands anotehr time, then another one in france or something!

Just need individuals to take charge of organising a particular leg, with dates and location and times, then others can go to whatever one they can.

That sounds like a good idea to me! :)

At the moment i'm unsure whether i can go for many reasons. :D but i really would to meet all of you Guys! : peace:

Seems like a good idea, will have to see if i can make it due to work commitments and all that. Plus i have a holiday booked in July as well, unsure of dates as parents have booked it. I will keep all informed. Would be nice to meet as many of you in person as possible.

Sounds good to me! I love the towers of Alton. I hope your all cool and not 53 year old men after my young tight anus.

We should all wear name badges with our Forum name and our real name, why? because that would be super cool.

Sounds good to me! I love the towers of Alton. I hope your all cool and not 53 year old men after my young tight anus.

We should all wear name badges with our Forum name and our real name, why? because that would be super cool.

Don't worry Fex I'm 54! :heh:

I'm going to wear a massive T-shirt with my face on it doing the nice guy pose for lols....:)

Well I can't make any meetup before August! A slight problem of me being about 12000 miles away!

Who says this has to be the one-and-only meet up? There could be a few, scattered across time and space; one at alton towers at whatever date, another in london on another, and maybe on in teh midlands anotehr time, then another one in france or something!

Just need individuals to take charge of organising a particular leg, with dates and location and times, then others can go to whatever one they can.

That's just silly-talk, it ain't a proper internet meet-up if it's not with people from all over the country. :shakehead

I'd be up for Alton, London whatever, though i'd probably go to the one with the people I find cooler even if it means driving 4 hours to Alton.

I'm definately up for a meet. Though I would most likely be join the spectators if it ends up at Alton Towers. Paris would be awesome, though I guess a lot of the younger members would be put out if it ended up there. Still, it's much better for all of the truly European folk.

If it's just a one day alton towers trip, surely that causes issues for people who are travelling from far and wide and need a place to crash?

I'm glad people are organising something though, if I don't forget I'll probably be up for almost anything; but especially.. especially if it involves drinking

Yeah, I'd definately be more interested in a weekend drinking in a European city. Obviously this puts out all the younger members, but as someone has already said, there's no reason why we can't have more than one meet up.

N-E should hire a few rooms at Alton Towers hotel and we can ram 10 people in a room to crash and get stupidly drunk after a day of awesomeness

The only way this is ever going to happen is if someone makes the important decisions. You've already got Alton Towers as the destination, now you just need a date. Someone organising it has to just say one as its inevitable some people wont be able to make it no matter what day you choose.

I'm definately up for a meet. Though I would most likely be join the spectators if it ends up at Alton Towers. Paris would be awesome, though I guess a lot of the younger members would be put out if it ended up there. Still, it's much better for all of the truly European folk.

Actually, no... it's far more expensive for us to go to Paris than it is to go to London. It should be in London.

Actually, no... it's far more expensive for us to go to Paris than it is to go to London. It should be in London.

+ you'd have to stay the night in paris =/

London...and do what? go to the tate and laugh at the 'art'? already done that :P

+ you'd have to stay the night in paris =/

London...and do what? go to the tate and laugh at the 'art'? already done that :P

Haha, I was doing that last week. There's loads of stuff to do in London which would interest people here. I really want to go back again to do stuff. Imperial War Museum (again), Science Museum, Natural History, British Museum, Wimbledon Museum to name a few and going to shows in the evening is great fun.

Hows about a mass picnic-type thing at some point in the summer? Pick a park in london that's relatively easy to get to, and basically everyone can turn up any time, bring food, drink, games and whatnot? We could amuse ourselves! I'll bring juggling balls, 1000 blank white cards aaand... some bottled bubbles. You?

Unless people from Europe defiantly come it's unfair for everyone else if it's down South.

Hows about a mass picnic-type thing at some point in the summer? Pick a park in london that's relatively easy to get to, and basically everyone can turn up any time, bring food, drink, games and whatnot? We could amuse ourselves! I'll bring juggling balls, 1000 blank white cards aaand... some bottled bubbles. You?

I foresee an epic game of rounders happening if we do that...

To hyde park! or...the zoo!

Unless people from Europe defiantly come it's unfair for everyone else if it's down South.

If a forum with roughly 100k users on it can have a meet in London, somehow I think we'll manage ;)

EDIT: haha, that sounded really pompous, oh well.

I already host a meetup right in the centre of the Midlands "Birmingham"

Just thought I'd bring this to everyones attention National express coaches do travel for £1 upwards in price called Funfares:

http://www.nationalexpress.com/save/funfares.cfm

You can travel from London to about 50 other cities in the UK or from one of those 50 cities back into London. So really anyone can afford to travel at those prices. Also as regard finding a place to crash. People travelling from Scotland Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen can travel on overnight coaches in both directions to avoid hotel costs.

A train ticket to London from nearby station Stoke On Trent (if you go to Alton Towers) will set you back £48 on the day. FUN FACT.