NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Separated twins married each other

I mean how did they found out that before they were married that they were related before they were married.

Basically, how I should have worded it: How did they find out? :heh:

Perhaps their children didn't look too great.

Incest, fun for all the family.

I heard a story similar to this (Don't think they were twins just bro and sis) and they stayed together after they found out. It would really be hard. Finding out the (wo)man you love is actually your sibling.

:laughing: the looks on their faces when they heard must've been priceless.

I think its God/evolutions way of a joke for making our cousins some of the fittest birds around...:)

Is your cousin that fit?

Mine are all male and not fit looking so I don't think I'll be fancying them.

Its not illegal to marry your cousin tho

Depends on where you live! In the U.S., you can't marry your first cousin, however anything beyond that is perfectly fine....in the South. :P

Not too sure about any of the European countries though I would imagine each one has their owns laws concerning it.

Is your cousin that fit?

Mine are all male and not fit looking so I don't think I'll be fancying them.

Yeah...Unusually fit. Some are like exactly what I look for in women. o_O...Our family is huge though.

Its not illegal to marry your cousin tho

...handy. :):(:):(

But don't kids come out looking weird or sickly from interfamilia relationships? This is part of the reason why with time ancient Egyptians kings from a long dynasty started to look a little awkward, like having feminine features.

But don't kids come out looking weird or sickly from interfamilia relationships? This is part of the reason why with time ancient Egyptians kings from a long dynasty started to look a little awkward, like having feminine features.

Basically, closely related individuals are likely to share the same faulty functioning genes, so in children these genes could pair up causing problems. (i.e. the progeny are likely to be homozygous for recessive maladaptive traits) There's quite a high change of this happening between siblings (or non-identical twins, which are simply siblings that are the same age as each other), but cousins (even first cousins) aren't nearly as closely related as siblings, so it's generally argued that marriages between cousins should be legal. This is, however, taboo in some cultures, most notably the US, so laws may reflect this. In the case of Egyptian kings, the royals only married other members of their family. This carried on for many generations, so any negative effects were greatly increased. The same sort of deficiencies would be observed today (given time) if people could only marry their cousins.

There's an ethical point here. Siblings are not allowed to marry because the way their genes match up is likely to produce offspring that are disabled or similar. However, there are many legal couples who have genes that cause them only to produce disabled children. As far as I can see, the only difference between these relationships and similar relationships between siblings is social taboo... which may or may not be there for a reason.

raining again dosent look sickly or odd rather pretty id say, even with cousin parents. it would take a few generations for any noticable problems. would just have a slightly weaker immune system.

raining again dosent look sickly or odd, even with cousin parents. it would take a few generations for any noticable problems. would just have a slightly weaker immune system.

There is no reason for her to be any different to an average person, including in immune system.

Well as I said, my parents are cousins and i got arthritis at 16, and suffer a few other conditions. My sister has not a thing wrong with her. I think its just bad luck tbh =(

edit: lol I don't look abnormal, I'll take that as a compliment, even tho i'm a genetic throwback XD

Basically, closely related individuals are likely to share the same faulty functioning genes, so in children these genes could pair up causing problems. (i.e. the progeny are likely to be homozygous for recessive maladaptive traits) There's quite a high change of this happening between siblings (or non-identical twins, which are simply siblings that are the same age as each other), but cousins (even first cousins) aren't nearly as closely related as siblings, so it's generally argued that marriages between cousins should be legal. This is, however, taboo in some cultures, most notably the US, so laws may reflect this. In the case of Egyptian kings, the royals only married other members of their family. This carried on for many generations, so any negative effects were greatly increased. The same sort of deficiencies would be observed today (given time) if people could only marry their cousins.

There's an ethical point here. Siblings are not allowed to marry because the way their genes match up is likely to produce offspring that are disabled or similar. However, there are many legal couples who have genes that cause them only to produce disabled children. As far as I can see, the only difference between these relationships and similar relationships between siblings is social taboo... which may or may not be there for a reason.

Wow, so would you call the illegality of incest as more of an health issue than an ethical one? Interesting post.

Well as I said, my parents are cousins and i got arthritis at 16, and suffer a few other conditions. My sister has not a thing wrong with her. I think its just bad luck tbh =(

edit: lol I don't look abnormal, I'll take that as a compliment, even tho i'm a genetic throwback XD

:(...Sorry to hear. xxx

Wow, so would you call the illegality of incest as more of an health issue than an ethical one? Interesting post.

I always assumed it was for health reasons... after all, that's why the taboo exists in the first place. However, many species seem to have no instincts protecting against incest, so maybe it's only a taboo that develops in more complex social structures.

I'd class that as bad luck, even if it does have a genetic factor - after all, it would have been quite possible to have the same occur with unrelated parents. :hmm:

I always assumed it was for health reasons... after all, that's why the taboo exists in the first place. However, many species seem to have no instincts protecting against incest, so maybe it's only a taboo that develops in more complex social structures.

I'd class that as bad luck, even if it does have a genetic factor - after all, it would have been quite possible to have the same occur with unrelated parents. :hmm:

Well I know for sure my skin condition (psoriasis) runs in both "sides" of my parent's family. Its complex - my gran on my dad's side is my great aunt on my mum's side as well.

Hey if the Adam and Eve theory is tr00 we are all related in some way or another, no?