NEurope
Falcon_BlizZACK

Tips for Losing Weight

I think I'll just have to start playing wii sports or something.

Me and Shorty go to Hallam, it's not a bad uni. What course are you doing?

If I get my reply (I decided to apply for two courses) either game design (my first choice) or games programming.

I love hallam, my ex goes, unfortunetly -.-, but I love sheffield too much :yay:

If your hungry just down a pint of water or have a really strong black coffee, should stops your hunger. Works for me anyways, just got back off holiday and put on half a stone >.<

Eat at least every 3 hours, drink a bucket of water each day, and replace some of your food with raw vegetables and fruit.

I'm vurrently one of the lucky ones with a pretty high motabolism.

I can't begin to say how often i eat at KFC, just say i've tried everything on the menu (and as soon as something new comes out i'll be having it).

Yet i'm a skinny bastard, with a 19.5 BMI.

I'm probably clogging up on the inside :p

I've put on a whole bunch of weight -- i'm the heaviest I've EVER been, weighing in at a few pounds over 11 stone. Mostly due to the increase in booze - I was thinking of for a start switching from cider to spirits to try and reduce calories.

Just going to cut down on meal portions -- my stomach's shrunk a bit since I came home for xmas for some reason. When it's summertime I'm usually a lot more active anyway, and I hate the idea of jogging, firstly because I don't haev running shoes, nor jogging attire, and secondly because ALL THE PEOPLE CAN SEE YOU!! In brighton it's alright, because you can just go to the seafront where lots of far uglier, fatter people are running way slower, but in the centre of sheffield... well it just appears silly to me.

Also I think my lack of sex has made a massive difference to the amount of exercise I do :( Any 16-24/f/sheffield? I r wizard, feel mai staff? Rhino? No? Damn.

sex burns alot of calories apparently - a good way to work off that extra burger/kebab/alcohol or fizzy beverage of your choice

i found this quite a funny read

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

:indeed:

Eat half as much, then you'll be twice as skinny. It's logic really :heh:

Doesn't work like that, that's how I started my diet this time last year, lost 9lbs first week, slowed right down after that and pretty much stopped after a month or so. Your bodies metabolism adjusts for things like intake, excercise, shit like that, one thing may lose weight at first, but it doesn't last long, switching regimes monthly may work better than sticking with one particular tactic.

Basically:

Exercise - you need something to use up your daily calories/force your liver into burning some fat up. If you skip meals your body thinks (correctly) its being starved and will store more. So get running, do some weights, play a sport, whatever - but get off the computer and do something that breaks a sweat, and stick with it!

Food - watch what you eat. Cut out high calorie foods (ones with lots of fat and sugar -includes lots of fruit) and eat regularly. Eat three meals a day and try shift the emphasis on breakfast. Cut try to healthily cut down the calorie intake to a couple of hundred less each day.

Doing that: the weight will go and with the exercise may build a bit of muscle too - so don't be dismayed if you're weight doesn't change much. As long as the flab does then your just replacing fat with muscle which is perfectly healthy.

If you don't follow that then you will never lose a lot, and any you do will be unhealthy. Plus by starving yourself the fat goes, and so does muscle too. So next Xmas, you'll just put more fat back. If the weight fat still doesn't go - consider a thyroid function test.

Don't kid yourself: maintain exercise and eat a healthy diet. Fact.

Basically, you wanna be exercising a lot. A 1-2 hour session 2-3 times a week will work wonders with a healthy diet (on the other days, do simple exercises at home. If you don't know where to start, get yourself a balancing ball, they rock).

Also, try eating 6 meals a day, all of which are quite small. In you get hungry in between drink water and lots of it, and maybe some fruit.

STAY AWAY from fizzy drinks; seriously, they contain so much shit its crazy. Eat healthy, drink water and exercise!

If I get my reply (I decided to apply for two courses) either game design (my first choice) or games programming.

Just to help you out here, I recommend you take your 2nd choice with programming. There is a serious lack of programmers currently, and with that it pays a lot more than something like design which you will struggle to find a job in anyway.

But definitely do not go taking a course in something you know you will not enjoy.

Doesn't work like that, that's how I started my diet this time last year, lost 9lbs first week, slowed right down after that and pretty much stopped after a month or so. Your bodies metabolism adjusts for things like intake, excercise, shit like that, one thing may lose weight at first, but it doesn't last long, switching regimes monthly may work better than sticking with one particular tactic.

he's right, if you eat next to nothing for a week, you will actually put on week the weeks following due to the fact your body goes into panic mode and STORES AS MUCH AS IT CAN. So starvation is not win.

Weightwatchers actually promote eating as close to your daily intake as possible, due to the fact lots of weight loss can be seriously bad for you. On a diet 1-2 pounds off a week is normal.

Tips:

1. Tuna - As jordan said its uber good for you, i'm a massive fan of it too, my workmates actually think i'm crazy due to how much of this and point number 2 that i eat. XD

2. Heinz Tomato soup - tasty and a whole tin isn't actually that many calories.

3. Low fat cheese spread instead of butter. The ones with herbs and/or garlic give a bit of taste. Also fully skimmed milk instead of semi (its notthat horrible once you force yourself to get used to it.)

4. Thinly sliced bread.

5. Beans are suprisingly high in calories! I like to have half a tin and add chilli powder and spices for a different taste.

6. Portion control - i never realised how much i was eating until i actually forced myself to weigh it.

7. Smaller plate gives you the impression there is more food. Also small spoon when eating cereal, takes longer to eat.

8. Stop half way through your meal and have a glass of water. gives your body a chance to realise its full.

9. gradual steps - cut down portions, add less cheese to meals (etc) before you realise it you'll be eating a lot less.

10. cut down alcohol/sweets/etc, although to be fair that's honest!

11. Herbs are your friends, and have no calories.

12. grilled waffles are a low fat alternative to chips.

I've got a million and one tips to dieting :yay:

I've started to get a bit of a belly. It's not really fat but the muscles have started to become less toned. Once I have my pot of I want to do more exercise and, if I can afford it, start going to the gym.

he's right, if you eat next to nothing for a week, you will actually put on week the weeks following due to the fact your body goes into panic mode and STORES AS MUCH AS IT CAN. So starvation is not win.

I've got a million and one tips to dieting :yay:

Wow, its nice to see another with the same sort of info. Yeah, starving puts your body into overdrive where it stores as much substitue fat as possible. This is why starving children have pot bellies even though they are anorexic. Starving could also lead to gaining gynacomastia (ie real 'man boobs').

Even if Tuna doesn't help you to lose weight, its got a hell of alot of really good natural oils such as Omega 3 and contains mucho protein.

I eat alot of tuna.. alot.

You should buy cheaper tuna - the expensive stuff has a high mercury content.

Anyway, going to university caused me to lose loads of weight. I suppose because I was working really hard and walking several miles every day.

Exercise.

As in: eat what you want, just go jogging/ running before breakfast every other morning, and fiddle about with some weights as well to build up muscle, which in turn burn calories while you're doing nothing.

Result? You'll lose weight, gain muscle, and have no impact on your diet ^^

May as well just be me though, I've got an extraordinarily high metabolism (meaning I lose weight fast, but I gain it much faster too).

Starving could also lead to gaining gynacomastia (ie real 'man boobs').

Sounds like a good thing to me.:wink:

Anyway, the corset seems to be working for me, lost 3lbs in the last week.

Sounds like a good thing to me.:wink:

Anyway, the corset seems to be working for me, lost 3lbs in the last week.

LOL. May I recommend a boob job, sire?

Eat anything green. Unless it's stuff that wasn't green when you first bought it.

Failing that, tweak the scales!

Just to help you out here, I recommend you take your 2nd choice with programming. There is a serious lack of programmers currently, and with that it pays a lot more than something like design which you will struggle to find a job in anyway.

But definitely do not go taking a course in something you know you will not enjoy.

The only problem with programming is I can be seeing myself in a few years being locked in a dark cupboard but with lots of cash.

I've gone over the argument hundreds of times with my parents, if I do games design and get hardly any money, then thats life :indeed:

Back on topic, I wouldn't suggest slimfast, oh and NEVER eat after 7/8 oclock, it doesnt give your body time to digest food during the night :zzz:

Back on topic, I wouldn't suggest slimfast, oh and NEVER eat after 7/8 oclock, it doesnt give your body time to digest food during the night :zzz:

About the eating late thing, my aunt heard from a dietician (is that the word?) that it really isn't as bad as people say it is. You won't be gaining weight from eating a bit after a certain hour (unless of course you go stuff yourself then, but that's a different situation). :smile:

So there's really nothing wrong with eating a small snack (preferably some fruit) in the evening. Besides, we sometimes have dinner after 8 and that doesn't affect us either. =P

About the eating late thing, my aunt heard from a dietician (is that the word?) that it really isn't as bad as people say it is. You won't be gaining weight from eating a bit after a certain hour (unless of course you go stuff yourself then, but that's a different situation). :smile:

So there's really nothing wrong with eating a small snack (preferably some fruit) in the evening. Besides, we sometimes have dinner after 8 and that doesn't affect us either. =P

I meant more eating your tea at like 11-2am in the morning :P

Not to mention how crap you can end up feeling after doing that!

I meant more eating your tea at like 11-2am in the morning :P

Not to mention how crap you can end up feeling after doing that!

If by tea you mean dinner, then yeah I agree. =P

Like I said, don't go stuff yourself at night, but a small snack should be fine. =3

So far I've been able to stay away from the croissants and cookies for two days now. Though it's awfully difficult when the pantry is filled with delicious snacks. X3

If by tea you mean dinner, then yeah I agree. =P

Like I said, don't go stuff yourself at night, but a small snack should be fine. =3

So far I've been able to stay away from the croissants and cookies for two days now. Though it's awfully difficult when the pantry is filled with delicious snacks. X3

GOD FORBID id have to give up cookies and croissants

I had a small bag of sweets earlier, they were delicious. I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need any more delicious chewy wonderful sugary tasty ARRGGGGHHHHH I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

GOD FORBID id have to give up cookies and croissants

Yeah I wish I didn't have to, croissants are so delicious, especially with chocolate spread all over them. *drools*

But sadly, I have to cut out the unnecessary food if I want to lose some weight. So it's all normal bread for me now.

But I'll be allowing myself to have something nice during the weekend. =D