Sign in to follow this  
Emasher

Mario VS Metroid

Which game is better?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which game is better?

• Super Mario Galaxy
    • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I liked galaxy better just because I found it more calm and relaxing to play. Metroid was still one of the best games I've ever played though.

Super Mario Galaxy for me! It's my game of the year and i found it more fun! :grin::yay:

Although Metroid is also a great experience! :awesome:

Super Mario Galaxy, but that doesn't mean I don't love Metroid, because it's still a bloody fantastic game.

I absolutely loved Galaxy. Corruption never really caught on to me. I don't know why, it's a great game. Not my style, I guess.

I am going to go with Metroid.

I loved every minute of Galaxy and had so many 'wow' moments on it , but something about MP3 really grabbed me too.

By the time I had done Galaxy for the 2nd time , part of it felt like it was becoming a chore , I don't know why but I was just finally pleased to be done with it. I am not saying it is a bad game in the slightest though.

I have now gone back to my 3rd playthrough on MP3 and it still feels fresh and I haven't had that 'chore' factor kick in yet so that is a testament to it's quality also.

I find that I can never replay a game right after I've finished it. I usually re-visit the good ones once every few years.

Next ones to re-visit for me are going to be: Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga, and then The Legend of Zelda: The Minnish Cap.

I'm surprised this hasn't been done before.

The reason no one did it is because its stupid and impossible to answer. Haven't played Galaxy more than a few stars at a friends house and it's an awesome experience and pure fun, but MP3 is so damn good too with insane amounts of detail.

Tie, motherfucker.

The reason no one did it is because its stupid and impossible to answer. Haven't played sunshine more than a few stars at a friends house and it's an awesome experience and pure fun, but MP3 is so damn good too with insane amounts of detail.

Tie, motherfucker.

You mean Galaxy, right?

Metroid all the way. Galaxy may be the better game for what it is, but Metroid is just superior to Mario as a gaming experience. Not saying I dislike Mario, far from it, but Metroid beats it.

The impression that I'm getting is Metroid is a better game however more people liked Mario more.

Without having played Galaxy (yet!), you're comparing two of the best games ever made. Metroid Prime is incredibly good, but I'm not voting until I've played Galaxy. Both are really serious contestants for the Best Game of All Time in my list. Metroid Prime 3 really feels like it could knock (*gasp*) Ocarina of Time off the top spot.

havent played galaxy r metrid in depth yet.. very surprising for me.. I've falling out of gaming in a big way.

They're very different games. But I think, in terms of quality within their respective genres, Galaxy is the better game and has my vote.

I chose Galaxy, as I still haven't actually bought MP3. Played a bit of it and liked it a lot, but if it's anything like the other two games (still have yet to finish the second one!) then that might well be as far as I get. I'll probably still buy it when I've got all stars with the spoiler character.

Metroid for me. It had everything I wanted it to have (yes even that kind of opening sequence) and the difficulty, controls, enemies, bosses and weapons were all really cool. It also got me heavily addicted.

Mario sometimes just manages to annoy me for reasons I don't fully understand - it's a great game none the less but MP3 wins it for me.

For me it is Galaxy all the way that is the better game, its just so much more accessible than the Prime games. I have yet to finish Prime 3, got just under half way through it and stopped playing which is what happened when I played the first game and I didnt go back and start it again for at least another year. Methinks this is what I will do with Prime 3.

Metroid is infinitely better. Just a much better experience. To be honest, I'm getting kinda sick jumping on blocks and collecting stars...it's a good game, but...I think I'm just getting sick of playing Mario games. If that's at all possible. Maybe. Don't hurt me.

For me it is Galaxy all the way that is the better game, its just so much more accessible than the Prime games. I have yet to finish Prime 3, got just under half way through it and stopped playing which is what happened when I played the first game and I didnt go back and start it again for at least another year. Methinks this is what I will do with Prime 3.

I'm Half way through Metroid Prime 3 as well! :) I have to set aside a fair amount of time to play Metroid as i have to really concentrate and get into the game!

I do find Mario Galaxy a lot more accessiable as it's one of those games where you can quickly play for five minutes or 2 hours.

I often play it for two hours. :D

Haven't got all the stars yet though...:blank: (some purple coin challenges are hard)

Sign in to follow this