NEurope
Emasher

Question About Metroid Prime 1&2

I recently got Metroid Prime 3, but I never played the first two.

My question is, are they playable at all after playing Metroid Prime 3.

Prime 1, yes. It feels like a very different game, its still very fun too.

Prime 2, no. Its god awful compared to 1 & 3 and always will be (in my opinion).

I liked Echoes better than Prime but that's me. I'd say they are worth playing if you liked Prime 3.

I've played and loved all three, but I haven't gone back to MP1&2 after playing 3.

If you're asking whether the controls feel inferior, I think they would, but only marginally so. You turn less quickly and you can't free-aim while locked on to an enemy.

However, button placement is better and selecting visors is a lot easier. Aside from this, there's not much difference.

And anyway, you owe it to yourself as a gamer to play the GC's best game (MP1). ;)

I have yet to play Metroid Prime 3, but I find it hard to believe that 1&2 would become obsolete because of it.

Hell, I consider 2 to be quite inferior to 1 and I still find it pretty good.

Just get both. As people said, Metroid Prime is the best Cube game, so it's a must. If you like the Metroid (Prime) series in general, then get Echoes, too.

Well "2" games are always bad I guess.

Mario 2

Metroid 2

Zelda 2

Metroid Prime 2

Castlevania 2

Super Mario Sunshine (was the 2nd main 3D mario game)

None of them were liked as much as other games in their series.

Well "2" games are always bad I guess.

Mario 2

Metroid 2

Zelda 2

Metroid Prime 2

Castlevania 2

Super Mario Sunshine (was the 2nd main 3D mario game)

None of them were liked as much as other games in their series.

In the good side:

Mario 3

Super Metroid (Metroid III)

Zelda: A Link to the Past (Zelda III)

Metroid Prime 3

Super Mario Galaxy (the 3rd 3D Mario game)

I don't know about Castlevania 3, but the 3rd GBA Castlevania was pretty good while the 2nd wasn't much.

The 3rd game of a series is almost always the best.

Castlevania 4 (super castlevania) is considered the best castlevania by most fans.

Don't believe Jordan! Metroid Prime 2 is a fanastic game. It's only the worst of the Primes because the others are two of the best games of all time. MP2 falls just short of that but is still so worth it.

The controls will be a step back (altough it's as good as it gets on traditional pads), but the games are legend still. Their styles are different to MP3 too, in terms of presentation and storytelling.

Prime 1, yes. It feels like a very different game, its still very fun too.

Prime 2, no. Its god awful compared to 1 & 3 and always will be (in my opinion).

oh i much disagree but i will say get metroid prime 1 before echoes.. To at least get used to the controls system.. even after the whole experience of 1 echoes is a very hard game and is teh hardest game on gamecube.

All the Prime games are amazing that must be played by all. They are definately playable after playing 3, I'd say it was harder playing 3 after getting used to 1 and 2.

They're both just as good, and if you can get past the better Wii controls, you'll find that there's far more to do in the first two games aswell, and that they don't hold your hand nearly as much.

Echoes is a beautiful, brilliant game, only thing that was an issue was the loading times between light and dark realms. Christ that was annoying. Otherwise, go for it bro! You got nothing to lose seeing as you can pick them up together for 12quid or so.

I didn't like Echoes because of the Light/Dark system, hate games like that.

so you er didn't like lttp?

I wasn't able to find either of them at the EB games I went to. That one usually has a bad stock of used games because its in a mall and I guess people who trade game in don't want to lug a bunch of old games through a mall.

Maybe I'll go to the other one in a week or so.

People can't complain about the Dark Aether after getting the dark suit. You're just not allowed to.

That was different...

It was! :heh:

Its just been put in too many games now. Its one of those ideas thats good at first and then gets old.

Its just been put in too many games now. Its one of those ideas thats good at first and then gets old.

besides echoes and twilight princess name another?

really i dont' know where people go with this complaint.. I personally never tire of the idea.

besides echoes and twilight princess name another?

really i dont' know where people go with this complaint.. I personally never tire of the idea.

Twilight Princess isnt even close to what echoes and alttp does in terms of alternate dimension. It's another dimension invading Hyrule and it disappears after a while, it isn't even part of the main game mechanic.

The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

It's rarely used in 4SA

Echoes needs 60hz (if that matters these days)!

I never liked any of the GC Metroid games personally. I really liked their angle and I got prime on the day of release. (As a huge fan of Super Metroid).

I loved the atmosphere and really got stuck into the game yet the difficulty level and backtracking was too much for me. I guess, looking back I should have given prime more attention but as a working guy I just wanted a game I could relax to. Wonderful delivery and production values though. There is no arguing with that. When it's put next to something like the original Halo, Prime has a wonderful setting right up there with Halo and an atmosphere which (at times) is far superior. It's just, I can see why Halo took off massively as it seems (even to this day) the easier game to just sit and play. The co-op mode was a touch of genius too (especially when you see how poor the game is without it on the PC). Metroid would never have a co-op as that isn't what Samus is about, yet the multiplayer in Echoes seemed lacklustre apparently.

Maybe if the game is easier on the Wii I should pick that version up instead?

It's definetely easier and the backtracking is virtually gone.

I didn't mind both points in the first two games however. Except for the Artifact Quest (which is awesome because you're super powered), you always got into new areas.

I always loved the backtracking in the first MP game. That game just completely took over my life. I loved the isolation, the way the story unfolded the more you scanned... it was SO original!

MP3 does have backtracking but whereas with the first Prime game it was compulsory to get what you needed to complete the game, with Corruption it is much more optional. If you just want to complete the game you won't really need to backtrack much, but for people like me who like to complete and collect everything the game has to offer before completing it, there's plenty to sink your teeth into (the observatory and what it leads to for example).

I find it awkward to control that kind of perspective in games now with older control pads, I guess MP3's superb controls have just spoilt me for life! Best game out! But you MUST play the original.