NEurope
Raining_again

Piercings and/or tattoos!

I don't know if my Totoro avatar would be any good as a tattoo.

A Totoro tattoo would be awesome, but not like that one. Maybe one of him, on the upper arm, holding an umbrella. That would be pretty cool.

Fuck it, I'm having it.

I'd have what I've got in my signature, except none moving haha.

I have found an artist for my back piece, he's in nottingham so no excuses except the bottle to go see him and to find the cash for it!

My ongoing quest to get a tattoo continues. My friend just got 2 on her 18th, which kinda inspired me/made me remember I wanted one. But hers were "...". The first initial of all her family members, and then some other text I've forgotten.

---

I realised that The Good That Won't Come Out by Rilo Kiley is possibly the song that sums up my feelings on life most I've ever heard. I got a few of the messages in it as being great before, but you don't take songs in properly at a computer, while distracted. Walking around town at tonight with The Execution of All Things on my iPod let me hear it properly for the first time in ages. It's just...yeah.

I like the idea of just getting "The Good That Won't Come Out".

Sounds like a nice enough idea Paj, I'm not a massive fan of text tattoos anymore unless they have to be a jumble of words, or what you want but unreadable (but not because it was done badly), it makes it more interesting to see.

I nearly spent hundreds of pounds on my back tattoo, unfortunetly I had to cancel it. Which is disappointing.

I fancy another tattoo. I want one on my left wrist. Sort of like the ones that everyone seems to have of a nautical star. But something different (ie. not a nautical star).

I'm feeling the whole hot rod/iron cross love at the moment.

Edit: or another Full Metal Alchemist one:

1150265423_White_transmutation_circle.jpg

I just love the geometry-ness of it all.

Edited by Goafer

Sounds like a nice enough idea Paj, I'm not a massive fan of text tattoos anymore unless they have to be a jumble of words, or what you want but unreadable (but not because it was done badly), it makes it more interesting to see.

I nearly spent hundreds of pounds on my back tattoo, unfortunetly I had to cancel it. Which is disappointing.

I do like text tattoos personally, and am very wary of "picture" tats. Unless they're done briliantly, they mostly look awful (especially detailed/big ones), at least from my looking around at various tats. Not talking about symbol or tribal ones here, it's when people get Homer Simpson or... Big Bird:santa:, it just looks insane (ly rubbish).

Worse are when people get badly done cliched images like skulls on fire and big-tittied woman. If you're gonna get them, get them done well! :p

Exactly, however I do know alot of amazing artists who charge abit much, Nine charge about £70 an hour, but for their work thats cheap, someone else I know in nottingham charges more than that and their work isn't as refined. Its an uphill battle.

Edit: or another Full Metal Alchemist one:

I just love the geometry-ness of it all.

I actually really like this.

Although if I were to get a tattoo, I'd want one that means something to me.

I thought about "Scrape your knee, it's only skin." a while ago. References Joanna Newsom (one of my favourite people in the world) and feels like it has a message.

Although, it's quite an obvious message. Like...something we're told from a young age. I think "Only skin" by itself is much more interesting and ambiguous.

I actually really like this.

I love all the symbols and stuff from FMA (hence my right arm)

Club_Homunculus_ID_by_Club_Homuncul.png

Riza_Tattoo_by_angelalegna.png

Scar__s_Tattoo_FMA_by_sparkycom.png&usg=AFQjCNFKN6WzmP53yrVyp3Paf609pmXR0Q

Scars actual tattoo. I much prefer my top part.

946ca61bda7b40_full.jpg

Now I want an FMA tattoo... :(

Fuck...that makes it as a Villa tattoo, some Japanese text (so I can be sure it makes sense), a Totoro tattoo as well as various other random anime/Ghibli/misc. tattoos.

I don't think I have enough canvas!

Now I want an FMA tattoo... :(

Fuck...that makes it as a Villa tattoo, some Japanese text (so I can be sure it makes sense), a Totoro tattoo as well as various other random anime/Ghibli/misc. tattoos.

I don't think I have enough canvas!

There is always enough room if you get good placement! :p

There is always enough room if you get good placement! :p

unless you're really scrawny. :blank:

Decided on my new tattoo. Im getting 'all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing' on my leg (cant get anything on my arms as there too skinny an it would look daft. Just need to find a font and design now.

...and scrawny is what I am. :(

Sod it. I'll buff meself up a bit. Gettabitta muscle on me. Then there'll be more canvas. (And more of me to hate.) :)

Decided on my new tattoo. Im getting 'all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing' on my leg (cant get anything on my arms as there too skinny an it would look daft. Just need to find a font and design now.

I've always liked that quote (Although I always thought it was phrased differently). Not a huge fan of word tattoos unless they're incorporated into another design though.

Damnit, I really want the transmutation circle on my inner wrist now. Damn this thread.

Ive really wanted a worded tatto for about 18 months and i have liked that quote for the last year. But i was never sure if i actually wanted it or just wanted another tattoo after i got my fit. So its over 18 months and i still want it so im going to get it. Sums up how i feel aboutsomethigs ive done in my life etc.

...and scrawny is what I am. :(

Sod it. I'll buff meself up a bit. Gettabitta muscle on me. Then there'll be more canvas. (And more of me to hate.) :)

It won't help you next time we shake hands. Predator Style.

Well theres less space than a larger person given, but theres still a whole lot of skin to cover, like if you got a body suit.

I've always liked that quote (Although I always thought it was phrased differently).

have taken this from wiki. I knew i had seen it somewhere but coudnt remember where.

the research at these links points out, there are many variants of this statement, probably because there is no clearly definitive original by Burke, some of them being:

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a few good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for a few good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for some good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for all good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that enough good men do nothing

All that is essential for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that is needed for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing

All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing

All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

All that is required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

The only thing needed for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

The only thing needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only thing that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only thing that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that’s necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

All that’s needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing

All that’s needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

For evil to prosper all it needs is for good people to do nothing

All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing

All that’s necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing

All that is required for evil to triumph is for good [wo]men to do nothing

The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for enough good men [and women] to do nothing

The only thing required for evil to triumph is for good men (and women!) to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men (and women) do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men (and women) do nothing

For evil to triumph it is necessary only that good men [and women] do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men and women to do nothing

All that it takes for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men and women to do nothing

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing

All that needs to be done for evil to prevail is that good men do nothing

The only thing that has to happen in this world for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that is necessary for evil to triumph in the world is for enough good men and women to do nothing

Evil thrives when good men do nothing

For evil to triumph good men need do nothing

For evil to triumph good men have to do nothing

The best way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

The surest way to assure the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Evil will triumph so long as good men do nothing

It is necessary only for good men to say nothing for evil to triumph

It is necessary only for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph

For evil to triumph it is necessary for good men to do nothing

For evil to triumph it is sufficient for good men to do nothing

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing

All that is necessary for the forces of evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

All that is required for evil to triumph over good is for good men to do nothing

Evil can triumph only if good men do nothing

The only thing evil men need to triumph is for good men to do nothing

The only thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men stand by and do nothing

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil was for good men to do nothing

The only way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing

Evil prevails when good men do nothing

I think it sounds better without the shitty extra bits like "necessary" or "required".

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing

is how I always knew it, and along those lines gets the point across much bolder, imo.

I think it sounds better without the shitty extra bits like "necessary" or "required".

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing

is how I always knew it, and along those lines gets the point across much bolder, imo.

I like that more and think i am probably going to go with it. I had always known it as i had typedit though. But apparently know one actually knows what he said, so i cant have people telling me for the next 50 years that its wrong.

Booked the tattoo for the 6th of feb. Could have had it any time in jan but i know im going to be up to my waist in muddy water for most of jan so probably not the best idea to get a tattoo on my leg.

In the end i went with 'Evil will triumph if good men do nothing'

Its costing £100 he said normally he charges £10 a letter (and i know people who have paid him that) I could have had it done for a lot less but this guy has a good rep and i would rather just pay that bit extra. If i live until im 75 its only £2 a year.