NEurope
Raining_again

Piercings and/or tattoos!

Ouch.

Got the main part of my FMA tattoo coloured in today. It hurt a whole bunch. But I'm proper hard and took it like a champ.

I done bled through my bandage:

SP_A0099.jpg

Gore:

SP_A0100.jpg

The result:

SP_A0101.jpg

SP_A0102.jpg

Nice tattoo GB.

Dude, THAT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

Massive thumbs up.

Nice tattoo GB.

Cheers guys. Just got to have the last bit done and I'm finished (for now). I payed for all of it today, so I don't have to worry about paying for it anymore. It's going to feel like a free tattoo next time. Sweet.

How long did it take to get all that done?

It's been done in 3 sittings so far.

First sitting was 3 hours to get the top bit outlined and coloured.

Second sitting was 1 hour to get the bottom bit done in outline.

Third sitting (today) was 1 hour to get the bottom bit coloured in.

Those were just actual tattooing time, there was another hour or two total fannying about with placing the stencils on and other stuff. The reason the second 2 appointments were shorter was that you can't do too much if your doing all around an arm since it swells all round and can limit circulation to the hands. Or at least that's what they told me.

I'm hoping it will be finished in the next sitting.

Nah. The place I go to doesn't seem to use cling film. I've heard mixed things about cling film. Some places recommend it, others say no dressing is better than cling film. I've been to 2 different places and one used cling film, the other doesn't. Cling film wasn't the best experience, all the blood and excess ink was visible through it and I just had a reddish brown mess all over my leg as I walked through the hight street.

The tattoo chap was quite impressed/jealous (his words) about how well my skin took the ink today. He said that the top bit was a bit tricky when I had it done, but the bottom bit worked really well. Bonus.

I used cling film once and my arm went all sweaty, I think maybe it doesn't help the ink settle tbh. Lots of ink came off my arm o_O

Its best leaving vaseline or whatever on your arm without anything else in my experience. (obviously not practical all the time)

P.S tattoo = Awe.Some. Do want.

booked my new ghibli themed tattoo for this saturday!! :grin: yeeeeeeeee

I have posted this before but it was a really bad camera phone pic.

SNV30220.jpg

Its a royal navy ensign. And i had it done about a year ago. Im pritty pleased with it. As i havent really ever seen one before that didnt use colour. And i really didnt want colour. It still looks a bit weird must have had goosebumps when i had the pic taken.

booked my new ghibli themed tattoo for this saturday!! :grin: yeeeeeeeee

Nice. What design did you go for? Any pictures? Is it your first, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else on here?

Get some pictures up once it's done!

Nice. What design did you go for? Any pictures? Is it your first, or am I getting you mixed up with someone else on here?

Get some pictures up once it's done!

n502507553_2073883_6011816.jpg

this ^_^ back of my neck ~ can't wait!! my only worry is that the guy won't capture the character of the dust bunnies... but he's gunna stencil them and the sakura and then freehand the lines so they suit my spine... or something.

and i already have this on my wrist .. needs touching up a little which i think the guy is gunna do on saturday for me too :grin: first tattoo artist who's seen the fine linework on this tattoo and seemed confident he can match it.

n502507553_1499210_9674.jpg

Edited by bluey

It's done! It's finally done!

P6301243-1.jpg

I hate that it looks straight sometimes and not others, depending on how I bend my arm. Stupid stretchy skin.

It's done! It's finally done!

P6301243-1.jpg

I hate that it looks straight sometimes and not others, depending on how I bend my arm. Stupid stretchy skin.

Looks awesome, I thought Scar had that on his right arm though?

Thats an awesome tat goafer! I know what you mean about the movement, the tattoo i have inside my arm does the same.

Added 2 more holes to my ear this week, yar. Bled shedloads haha :D

Also i was at weightwatchers, and got chatting to this girl, she had a tattoo on her ear, the flat bit near the top. A pointillism type design, then the design went down the back of her neck into like twist designs. It was lovely. I asked her if it was sore and she said no. crazy.

Edited by Raining_again

Looks awesome, I thought Scar had that on his right arm though?

The picture was taken in the mirror.

how much did that cost you in total goaferboy?

£250 IIRC. I payed for it in stages so I'm not entirely sure. Plus I managed to pay it all off by the second to last sitting, so the last one felt like it was free!

You sly fox goaferboy, now that you mention it the very first picture you posted is of your right arm with the bandage on. How foolish of me. :P

Got my first tattoo today!

Designed by me, done at a.s.k. tattoo in Camden.

Its still pretty red, but didn't hurt as much as I was expecting!

dsc01100b.jpg

dsc01098s.jpg

It's nice. Looks as though it has been done so if other tattoos are added, they would integrate with that one? ::shrug:

Anyway, yeh. It's a playful little octopus. And it's been done well. Nice one Letty.

dsc01100b.jpg
Seeing it in this pic, I can imagine it having been on your hand with a tenticle going down and around each finger.

Nice, Letty.

I'm contemplating a tattoo for my 18th, but I want to know how painful it is. I was gonna have it on my ankle/lower leg, but then heard that's one of the most painful places, as it's close to the bone. I just kinda..want to be prepared for pain. I know some people quite like the pain after a while, but I don't think I would.

Might just get it on my (fore) arm. Not upper arm, as I hardly ever wear just T-shirts, but forearm might be good.

I just wanna hear what everyone's first-time was like, pain-wise? Is it bad? I'm a pussy I know.

Nice, Letty.

I'm contemplating a tattoo for my 18th, but I want to know how painful it is. I was gonna have it on my ankle/lower leg, but then heard that's one of the most painful places, as it's close to the bone. I just kinda..want to be prepared for pain. I know some people quite like the pain after a while, but I don't think I would.

Might just get it on my (fore) arm. Not upper arm, as I hardly ever wear just T-shirts, but forearm might be good.

I just wanna hear what everyone's first-time was like, pain-wise? Is it bad? I'm a pussy I know.

Not as bad as a piercing B)

Mine was really sore around the bone on my wrist, and my wrists are pretty damn boney >.<

Its like a burning scratch, really sore, but bearable. Its bad when they go over a spot twice or 3 times though.

And it bleeds!

My first tattoo was on my lower leg. It wasn't that bad, although it wasn't particularly close to the ankle. Picture of position for those interested.

Just think of the time the tattoo will be with you (ie forever) vs the time spent hurting.

And to mirror what I said on Facebook, the octopus is God damn awesome.

My first tattoo was on my lower leg. It wasn't that bad, although it wasn't particularly close to the ankle. Picture of position for those interested.

Just think of the time the tattoo will be with you (ie forever) vs the time spent hurting.

404 NOT FOUND!

I know. I dunno what my pain threshold is though.