NEurope
Dante

Konami Announces New 3DO Game

If this isn't some sort of joke Konami are really taking the piss. Unacceptably bad looking game at ANY price point.

Credits : 35

Wow, this game is going to be easy to complete.

Question is if you'll really want to complete it.

Ugh.

I get what you're all saying but this is just a little budget title, it's nothing offensive. In fact I'm liking Konami's work with Wii, they've made Dewey and Eleddes, both really good games, good graphics and original. Oops, sorry no epic games.

The sad thing is this is probably going to retail for £30 though. I would accept it if it was a WiiWare title, but this is retail.

The sad thing is this is probably going to retail for £30 though. I would accept it if it was a WiiWare title, but this is retail.

Yeah, that is a problem, unless they show more content and modes with proper graphics this game should be 20€ tops. We all know it won't be :shakehead

[GAMERTAG][/GAMERTAG]My mobile phone games have better graphics than that! :shakehead

What are they thinking? They couldnt possibly have developed a cheaper game than this if they tried.

I have spent a large part of Christmas playing Metroid Prime 3. Wow, what a lovely looking and truly immersive game. When people say the Wii can't do graphics, they're talking shit! Metroid Prime 3 is gorgeous.

Why do I mention that game when we're talking Target Terror? Because after playing a game that looks as good as Prime 3, it makes Target Terror look even more laughable. A game that could be a free flash game that occupies your mind for 5 minutes whilst bored in the office, burnt to disk, boxed and sold for the Wii.

What a joke. This isn't funny, it's sick. Konami can go take a long walk off a very short and high cliff. I hope they are punished for this. Back in the SNES days seeing a Konami logo on a box was like a seal of quality. How times have changed.

I don't get it. You've got big studios like Ubisoft and EA who have really got behind Wii, and while nothing has really set the sales tills alight, they're still backing it. And then there's the Japanese Big Three, Namco-Bandai (who Nintendo have shares in), Capcom and worst of all Konami, who while have made some games have just not dedicated the support while a market leader should deserve. Madness.

I don't get it. You've got big studios like Ubisoft and EA who have really got behind Wii, and while nothing has really set the sales tills alight, they're still backing it. And then there's the Japanese Big Three, Namco-Bandai (who Nintendo have shares in), Capcom and worst of all Konami, who while have made some games have just not dedicated the support while a market leader should deserve. Madness.

Disagree with Capcom, RE4, RE:UC, Zack and Wiki plus the up coming MH3, I think Capcom are doing pretty well, I'm certainly not unhappy with them. As for Konami, well they're another story. I hope that MGS4 fails to recover it's production costs, that would be a nice kick in the teeth for them.

Why am I the only one who loved this? It's an homage to the old games.

But it's not a homage to the good things about old games - Styliish pixel art, good characters, awesome graphics which worked within the limits of the system. This kind of look that we saw in stuff like Pitfighter and shoddy 3DO/CD-i/CD32 games with 2d photo graphics was crappy even at the time and it's best selling point was the novelty of using the new technology to cram photos into games - at the expense of gameplay and better looking original artwork.

what in the fuck?!?!?!? this looks bad.....VERY bad what is konami playing at makig this trash. Unless its some sort of joke

But it's not a homage to the good things about old games - Styliish pixel art, good characters, awesome graphics which worked within the limits of the system. This kind of look that we saw in stuff like Pitfighter and shoddy 3DO/CD-i/CD32 games with 2d photo graphics was crappy even at the time and it's best selling point was the novelty of using the new technology to cram photos into games - at the expense of gameplay and better looking original artwork.

Agreed, the only game that was any good that included photo sprites was Lethal Enforcers. That was cool. When you see games like Super Paper Mario which are cool 2-D homages to the classic days of gaming it makes you smile. This is a cheap cash in, and Konami should be ashamed of themselves!

I don't think people have realized that this is direct Arcade port. You guys think they're actually "making" the game and graphics. It's just a port. Which of course is just further proof that they're lazy

I don't think people have realized that this is direct Arcade port. You guys think they're actually "making" the game and graphics. It's just a port. Which of course is just further proof that they're lazy

I realise that. It's an insult to Nintendo gamers when the PS3 is getting Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid Online. They really aren't taking the Wii seriously.

Like I said, fair enough if they're selling it for a tenner (£20 for a direct port is shitty) or if it's being released through WiiWare, but it's not.

The thing is, if they just wanted to make a light gun game, they could have ported the first 3 Time Crisis games over. Which are fantastic games.

The thing is, if they just wanted to make a light gun game, they could have ported the first 3 Time Crisis games over. Which are fantastic games.

Yep, that I would be happy with. But wasn't it Namco that made Time Crisis?

Yep, that I would be happy with. But wasn't it Namco that made Time Crisis?

Nevermind. You're right... i'm a ****.

Either way, Time Crisi ports would be awesome for Wii-ners. as would the point blanks.

time crises = namco(where the fuck are they by the way?)

What the fuck. Konami must be joking seriously this actually looks like a snes game no joke.

From their silent hill attitude to this i say fuck em! Can't Nintendo do anything to stop this? Oh man I long for the times when nintendo retricted their third parties and when the nintendo seal of quality meant a game couln't be below a certina quality.

Either way, Time Crisi ports would be awesome for Wii-ners. as would the point blanks.

time crises 4 has fantastic graphics.. Why not just straight port that..

I want the point blank on ds(which consists ofpoint blank 1,2,3) ported to wii with zapper functions.. POint blank is like Link's CT but ten times better.

Hey but its all about how it plays right?

Right??

Wrong! Delete this thread and lets never speak of this catastrophe again.

time crises 4 has fantastic graphics.. Why not just straight port that..

1, Its a PS3 game, way beyond the Wii's graphical capablities.

2, Its apparently pretty shit in comparison to the first 3.

Well at least we're getting House of the Dead. I think it's funny that they say they can port 4 to Wii but don't want yet, for some stupid reason I can't remember.

Also, don't forget that Konami is working on WE for Wii.

If Konami want a cheap light gun port, why not Warzaid? That game was bloody awesome. The Normandy beach landings with skeletons instead of Nazi's, how could they loose?