NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Domo Kun

The Ultimate Question

Which is better PS3 or Xbox360?

I think there needs to be a definitive thread in which we attempt to unearth a true answer, or at least, a series of individual-relevant answers to this question.

I don't want to waste £300 on the wrong console, and I reckon an awful lot of people are thinking the same thing.

So, which is better right now? Which is best for each genre? Which is going to be better next year and the year after that? Which one will come out on top? Will Sony's online service ever match the 360s?

My predicament, for example, is that considering that I recently bought a PSP, I'm now leaning towards the PS3 for the connectivity. I assume there will be people in other various predicaments.

Haha.

By the way the PSP will connect to the 360 also, to view the content on it.

I thought the only reason to buy the PS3 was if you wanted a blu-ray player that happened to be able to play games

Damn, I'm in the same freaking boat. This is how I see it:

The PS3 has free online and wifi, where as with the 360 you have to pay (though you do get a month free) and you will need a wireless network adaptor.

PS3 1 - 360 0

The 360 ofcourse has a great catalogue of games, but 2008 will see the PS3s big guns; MGS4, FF13, GT5... Games worth every pence of that 49.99 mark. The FPS genre stands out most to me for the 360 but FPS don't appeal to me and it seems the 360 and PS3 get twin ports with online features ofcourse being free on the PS3, I also don't see anything exclusively major on the horizon for the 360. For the sake of future investment...PS3 2- 360 0...But that wouldn't be fair. ;P

PS3 1 - 360 1

No dual shock controller for the PS3, but you can get a hold of one and even though sixaxis may be a rip off of the Wii, there is still potential in it and atleast it has that capabilty for the future's sake.

PS3 2 - 360 1

Horrendous PS3 console packs for Europe.

PS3 2 - 360 2

Blu Ray player as standard. Blu Ray games has potential if developers have the guts.

PS3 3 - 360 2

Red ring of death.

PS3 4 - 360 2

Cheaper games on 360.

PS3 4 - 360 3

GRAN TURISMO 5 ONLINE!!!111

PS3 pwns - 360 suxors.

Ok...forgive me for the above, but thats just a brief sketch of how I view things right now. I got 500 smackers in the bank waiting to be exchanged for some gaming pleasure, But this isn't the right time to make a bad move because once MGS4 and the GT5 demo come out those who went the 360 route might find themselves cry-wanking themselves to bed :p.

Edit:...I'm only getting 360 now for Command and Conquer 3 and moto gp...and Devil May Cry and GTA and Project Gotham Racing...

Depends really. If your after a console that will make a ton of noise's give you a overheating CPU and or a broken disk drive but which is at a well established point of it's life i say the 360 is the choice for you.

If you want a well built console which is to be fair abit shallow at the moment but don't mind waiting another a few month for it to evolve go for the PS3.

Damn, I'm in the same freaking boat. This is how I see it:

The PS3 has free online and wifi, where as with the 360 you have to pay (though you do get a month free) and you will need a wireless network adaptor.

PS3 1 - 360 0

This is stupid. Use a wire. Its faster and more reliable.

No dual shock controller for the PS3, but you can get a hold of one and even though sixaxis may be a rip off of the Wii, there is still potential in it and atleast it has that capabilty for the future's sake.

PS3 2 - 360 1

USe the sixaxis and tell me its good. The controller layout hasnt changed for 3 generations and it wasnt great on the ps1 and its definately the worst controller of this gen.

Blu Ray player as standard. Blu Ray games has potential if developers have the guts.

PS3 3 - 360 2

Honestly, this argument is flawed, if the 360 needs 30 gig of space for a game or whatever, they can just use mulitiple dvds. Also the blu ray player is useless if you dont have an hd tv.

Red ring of death.

PS3 4 - 360 2

Correct.

PS3 pwns - 360 suxors.

Forza, Dirt, PGR, all online.

As an owner of both, I can easily say for the moment and foreseeable future, the console to own is the 360.

It has by far the better games, better controller, better online, better online store, looks far nicer and its cheaper even if you get an Elite.

Yes, people keep saying its badly built and fails often, this is a case. But man, there is nothing like the 360 out there in terms of games right now.

I had a 360 but due to money issues i had to sell it and have not been able to get one back yet. I got a free PS3 with my AOL package and i didnt like it to start with.... Its growing on me now.

My TV blew up over chrimbo and i had to get a new one..... Uncharted: Drakes forune on a 42" HD 1080P TV = WIN.

Still miss my 360 though :(

PS3 1 - 360 0

The wireless adaptor isn't neccesary. And the 360's service is much better. I'd say it's a draw.

PS3 0 - 360 0

The 360 ofcourse has a great catalogue of games, but 2008 will see the PS3s big guns; MGS4, FF13, GT5... Games worth every pence of that 49.99 mark. The FPS genre stands out most to me for the 360 but FPS don't appeal to me and it seems the 360 and PS3 get twin ports with online features ofcourse being free on the PS3, I also don't see anything exclusively major on the horizon for the 360. For the sake of future investment...PS3 2- 360 0...But that wouldn't be fair. ;P

PS3 1 - 360 1

I disagree about the future (Microsoft haven't spoken much about 2008, whereas Sony has been concentrating on it), but agree with the current.

PS3 0 - 360 1

PS3 2 - 360 1

The 360 controller is pretty much perfect - there's lots of problems with the threeaxis.

PS3 0 - 360 2

Horrendous PS3 console packs for Europe.

PS3 2 - 360 2

Yea. What models are we on now?

PS3 0 - 360 3

PS3 3 - 360 2

I'll give it that one. But only for movies.

PS3 1 - 360 3

Red ring of death.

PS3 4 - 360 2

We'll have to wait and see - the new models apparantly don't have them.

PS3 1 - 360 3

Cheaper games on 360.

PS3 4 - 360 3

They're both the same price, actually.

PS3 1 - 360 3

I'd rather play Ultimate Duck Hunting...

free ps3 with AOL package... whats this about?

Suffer AOL for two years and you get a PS3. They'll have to change "PS3" to "a private island" to make subscribing to AOL worth it.

it wasnt great on the ps1 and its definately the worst controller of this gen.

The PS1 it had curved prongs so it was comfortable to hold, too. Why did they change the prongs for the PS2????

I thought it was 'What is the meaning of life?'

The Ultimate Question is unknown - but the answer to it is 42.

In my area the only way to get affordable broadband is with AOL, its either them , BT or SKY. BT are ok but restrict the amount of downloads you can make (sizewise its like 40Gb) and sky want me to pay an extra £10 a month because of where i live.

For £24.99 with AOL i get 8 Meg Broadband with unlimited usage and AOL talk which means phonecalls to ANY home phone in the UK are free all the time.

Iv been with various AOL packages over the past 3 years and have never really had a problem with them. I tried TalkTalk when i moved house last year...... And swiftly got rid of them.

I do hear alot of people slating AOL though so maybe im just lucky :) (Touches Wood).

...You can get any ADSL provider as long as you have a phone line.

You aren't leased to just AOL, BT or Sky.

Jeeze.

Plus, AOL has a horrible customer service, contention ratio, ratio'd DSL lines.

Its pretty terrible.

Can you guys help me make a list of the exclusive AAA games on each platform?

Xbox 360-

Gears of War

Bioshock

Halo 3

Banjo Kazooie?

Can we say the Orange Box because it's PS3 counterpart isn't as good?

PS3-

Metal Gear

Gran Turismo

Tekken 6

I have to say, if the list ends there then I'd rather have MGS4 than Gears of War, Bioshock and Halo put together.

Xbox 360

Currently Out:

Gears of War

Bioshock

Halo 3

PGR3

PGR4

Forza Motorsport 2

Viva Pinata

Mass Effect

Kameo

(Probably missing a jack load)

Not Out:

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Too Human

Banjo Threeie

PS3

Currently Out:

Resistance: Fall of Man

Motorstorm

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Not Out:

Metal Gear

Gran Turismo

Tekken 6

Haze

...You can get any ADSL provider as long as you have a phone line.

You aren't leased to just AOL, BT or Sky.

Jeeze.

Plus, AOL has a horrible customer service, contention ratio, ratio'd DSL lines.

Its pretty terrible.

I know what you mean, but they are the main broadband providers that i can think of. In my area you cant get NTL or Virgin (Are they the same thing now?) yet, BT were out on download limits, Talktalk were terrible, Sky were expensive, Pipex seemed ok but i had never really heard of them. You just have to choose what option suits you best at the time i guess.

As for AOL customer service... i have had no problems with my broadband.. like ever. I got an email 3 days after ordering my phone package with them saying it would be activated on the 14/1/08 then got a phone call confirming THEN a letter today confirming in writing.

I dont really understand the ratio and tech stuff you said :D

Iv not had problems with AOL and they gave me a 40GB PS3, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of destruction (Traded for a Wii classic controller and 2000 points) and Stealth on Blu Ray. I cant really complain :)

Can you guys help me make a list of the exclusive AAA games on each platform?

Xbox 360-

Gears of War

Bioshock

Halo 3

Banjo Kazooie?

Can we say the Orange Box because it's PS3 counterpart isn't as good?

Already Out:

Crackdown

Mass Effect

Forza 2

PGR3

PGR4

Viva Pinata

Dead Rising

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

Coming Soon:

GTA4 (Microsoft have the content deal thingy)

Too Human

Alan Wake

Fable 2

Halo Wars

Gears of War 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Splinter Cell: Conviction (Can't wait for this!)

Mass Effect 2

Maybe not AAA but close enough:

Lost Odyssey (I'm hoping this isn't as bad as the previews are indicating)

Elveon

Left 4 Dead

Universe at War: Earth Assault

Huxley

If any of these aren't exclusive forgive me...and if I missed any obviouse ones out.

GoW2 and Mass Effect 2 won't be out for years.

I guessed Mass Effect might be out around the beginning of next year. They already have all the technology in place....you're probably right though. :heh:

Wouldn't they already be heavily into development for GoW 2? The first has been out for a while.

Xbox 360

Currently Out:

Gears of War

Bioshock

Halo 3

PGR3

PGR4

Forza Motorsport 2

Viva Pinata

Mass Effect

Kameo

(Probably missing a jack load)

Not Out:

Alan Wake

Halo Wars

Too Human

Banjo Threeie

PS3

Currently Out:

Motorstorm

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Not Out:

Metal Gear

Gran Turismo

Tekken 6

Haze

You forgot alot of PS3 games ;)

Motorstorm

Those are a bit of a stretch...

You forgot alot of PS3 games ;)

Yeah I know.

I'll be honest, I'm not up with the PS Tripple as much as I am with the three siddy.

I know alot more than i put on that list, god knows why i didn't...

Sign in to follow this