NEurope
Kirkatronics

Whats your BMI?

17.6 :S

nearly 6 foot and 9 stone and my waist is like 30 inch i think. ive been going to the gym for about 4 months to try and put weight on. doing all those weights and whatnot. havent put on a pound though, or lost a pound... so was it worth all the effort? :S

If you've got a bit of muscle on you then the bmi is pretty pointless

No, you have to be like Schwarzenegger was at his peak for it to become drastically skewed by muscle.

you see I'm not so sure about this am 6 ft 4 and came out as obese. But then messing about with weights for me to get down to normal is a weight I have not been for years even when I played football three times a week and walked back and forth to school everyday!

I had a medical recently and they said I could do with losing abit of weight but by no means a ton of weight which is what obese implies.

No, you have to be like Schwarzenegger was at his peak for it to become drastically skewed by muscle.

No by no means do you have to be anyhting like that. I know a lot of ppl in the forces. Who arnt huge but according to this would be obease

my bmi is exactly 30 o.O (was 34 til not long ago)

i didnt even have to use the calculator :/ obsessive much! X(

Ya just in the borderline obese. woo go me

5ft11, 100kg (or 15 st 7)

Thats just not true pretty much every rugby player is classed as obese according to that.

19.5, given a bit of guesswork regarding my height — I think I'm 5' 11", but I could be 5' 10". Seeing as you asked so nicely, I weigh 140lbs, or 10 stone.

I'd recommend people don't obsess over their BMI: whilst it is a standard, it isn't a particularly accurate one. It doesn't take into account a lot of variables, so if you're truly worried about your body then I'd suggest you speak to your doctor about it as they can conduct more thorough tests.

Thats just not true pretty much every rugby player is classed as obese according to that.

QFT

Muscle weight > fat weight

BMI is only counted by height and weight, and doesn't count your fitness muscles tone etc

the exact formula:

weight (kg)

--------------------------------

height (meters) x height (meters)

therefore more muscle you have, the more you weigh = huge bmi

19.5 Apparently, coulda sworn it'd be less, but, i'm not underweight like i though, so yay!

17.6 :S

nearly 6 foot and 9 stone and my waist is like 30 inch i think. ive been going to the gym for about 4 months to try and put weight on. doing all those weights and whatnot. havent put on a pound though, or lost a pound... so was it worth all the effort? :S

It's depends on your diet aswell remember.

BMI 22.6

Pretty suprised I'm not over-weight tbh. I feel it and a lot of my jean's havent been fitting me well over the past month.

I still plan on excercising a lot over the next few weeks.

If you've got a bit of muscle on you then the bmi is pretty pointless

you mean like me?

i bet 16/17 stone on me is pure muscle ;)

that is true, no one should obses. nothing has changed from the minute before you pressed the calculate button to what it is now.

and does anyone know their body fat%?

6'0 and 11st

I've got quite a good figure but my fitness has shot way down over the past couple of months. My new years res is to get my fitness up and start building up muscle. Need to wait for my arms to get better first though :(

My waist is 28 inches, but my hips are 36 >.<

If you're truly female then thats freaking sexy! o_o

Not really. Muscle outweighs flab, which is also calculated as Body Mass. If like me, you've been at the gym every week for the past 12 months doing 40 mins of cardio with 40 mins of weights with Taekwondo on the days you're not at the gym, having that shite call you 'overweight' means pretty much nothing. That index is a bit old school and not very flexible.

Question: To the 'underweight' people, would you say you don't eat as much as you should?

The thing's own limitations describe it as;

* It may overestimate body fat in athletes and others who have a muscular build.

* It may underestimate body fat in older persons and others who have lost muscle mass.

Admittedly not very informative, but I'd say anyone with an overall muscular build(like well toned, not beefed out crazy style, they definitely don't count).

As for my own BMI, my scales are older than me so they're a bit out(maybe half a stone either side) but currently my BMI is apparently 19.1, so I'll say ranging from 18.5-20 for me. I used to be pretty borderline, but it seems I'm getting heavier. I'm not really fit though, I'm one of those people who don't put on much weight.

I'm neither fat nor muscle, that stuff can't apply to me.

If you didn't have any fat you couldn't survive. And if you didn't have any muscle you couldn't move.

I guesstimate my height to be about 5 foot 11 and weight to be around about 12 and half stone which puts me at........................ 24.4. So I'm just about in the normal range, which is odd as I've always thought of myself as being quite underweight.