NEurope
flameboy

IPod as a viable gaming platform?

Yeah you have a point, tho i did find monkey ball 2 to be pretty good too

It is a shame, as the first one was a supreme classic.

On topic...Ipod I can only see as a casual gaming platform. People will buy the games available because they can, and it's an Ipod, it's a gadget and people will purchase anything available for it.

However I cannot see it taking a dent out of serious gaming platforms. In the forseable future I doubt that Apple will be alongside Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo as important contenders in the gaming industry.

I feel it is more comparable to Mobile phone gaming. A wealthy industry due to its accessibility by consumers but still not taken seriously as a gaming platform.

Except in Japan of course, and by Square-Enix :P

I can't see the iPhone/iPod Touch becoming a real gaming platform. Though I did enjoy vortex on my iPod Classic. I might buy this new RPG though, it sounds like it could have potential.

For those who have iPhones/iPod touches, I'd recommend taking a look at games from the developer Pangea. They've been a long time Mac game developer and are porting some of their games to the iPhone/iPod touch now.

I can't see the iPhone/iPod Touch becoming a real gaming platform. Though I did enjoy vortex on my iPod Classic. I might buy this new RPG though, it sounds like it could have potential.

For those who have iPhones/iPod touches, I'd recommend taking a look at games from the developer Pangea. They've been a long time Mac game developer and are porting some of their games to the iPhone/iPod touch now.

I definitly recommend it. The coolest thing has got to be how your characters level up if you listen to the games outside of the game, so you go back into the game and are rewarded for it.