NEurope
Tellyn

World of Warcraft

Weeee I'm cruising at level 41 and a half at the moment, as well as a pretty hefty stash of gold, all my skills and my mount. C'mon guys, I've been playing quite a lot over the past few days and the only person I've seen on is arnold! Where's the love? :D

Oh Christ, what's happened to me? I'm just about to hit 44! That's almost 4 levels in a day. I never did that in my 20s let alone my 40s. This is getting insane - and yet I'm really enjoying it :heh:

I was at home during the weekend, WoW has had to take a back seat to uni work and travelling and generally being away from the internets. I suppose it'll be easier during the summer when I'm nearer to having nothing to do!

Got my account back so, yay!

Not sure when i'll be on again. If we plan instance I could be persuaded :heh:

Did well today :)

Managed to get from 45 to 47.

The last time i got 2 levels in one day was when i went from 28-30 :)

Thought id revive this thread as im currently installing the game again. Played it a couple of years ago and decided to start up again now that Goafer is playing (plus everytime I watch "The Guild" it makes me want to play).

I'll be on the Eonar server so I can play with Goaf. Anyone else still play and if so which server?

......Oh and im bored already with the install, not looking forward to the massive download of the updates I need afterwards.

I'm on Vashj at the moment:

- 80 hunter

- 17 paladin

- 23 mage

Just levelling up some crap whilst I wait for cata and sc2.

I could come join you for some random levellings, let me know how the install goes. :)

Still in the middle of downloading all the updates.....oh the fun :p

Haha, I remember when in halls downloading WoW on my desktop, took me two days.

I feel your pain.

I just stole my friends install folder and used the account that I'd made back when I had it installed properly (I still own the discs I'd like to point out). About half an hour "install" time. Win.

First time I installed it, I used my discs. That took about 24 hours.

At least your first copy was still dvds. When I originally played WoW I had to install using about 6 cds.

I discovered a slightly out of date version was still on my PC, despite having formatted it since I stopped playing. Clearly WoW is perennial.

I'm in the slightly strange position of really wanting to get into Cataclysm — not just for the new content, all the streamlining of stats and abilities really appeals to me — but not having much desire to play the game as is.

I'm on Vashj at the moment:

- 80 hunter

- 17 paladin

- 23 mage

Just levelling up some crap whilst I wait for cata and sc2.

I could come join you for some random levellings, let me know how the install goes. :)

I keep meaning to check, but does WoW and SC2 go under the same subscription over here? I remember reading it did in Korea.

Cata looks cool and all, but WoW is only really about the end game content, when it 'opens' up.

Argh don't tempt me even more than I already am to get back in to WoW! I miss the small guild we had running last year. What was it called? It was something to do with Pigeons, I'm sure. Damn it! Ah, Fallen Pigeons! :D

Amazing times. But I wouldn't be able to start a new character, god no. I've already levelled three to 45ish, wouldn't want to do that again without seevrely improving one of my current characters. That's what stops me coming back to the game :(

I keep meaning to check, but does WoW and SC2 go under the same subscription over here? I remember reading it did in Korea.

Cata looks cool and all, but WoW is only really about the end game content, when it 'opens' up.

SC2 isn't subscription based outside of Latin America, Russia and parts of Asia. Presumably it's a mix of anti-piracy and anti-'net cafe initiative, two things which aren't as prominent elsewhere.

Also, I've always had little to no interest in end-game content.

Ah right. I had no idea how it worked, so was a bit curious. I pretty much know nothing about the game and Diablo, even when I try to read up on them :heh:

I've just retained stuff in passing from podcasts and browsing. Honestly I'm terrible at RTS games, so I don't really have any intention of buying it; I'm sure it's good, but I'm also sure that I won't be.

In general WoW talk, I was reading this article about Ashbringer yesterday and thought it was very interesting. Part of it's just nostalgia, sure, but it also highlights the unique relationship between users and content in an online game.

Looks like im going to have to sort out my laptops overheating problem before I can play the game properly.

Tried it once last night and once this morning, both games lasted for about an hour before the laptop shut off from overheating. Gonna open it up later and clear out all the dust I can then probably buy one of those laptop cooler stands for it until I can afford to buy a new desktop pc.

Looks like im going to have to sort out my laptops overheating problem before I can play the game properly.

Tried it once last night and once this morning, both games lasted for about an hour before the laptop shut off from overheating. Gonna open it up later and clear out all the dust I can then probably buy one of those laptop cooler stands for it until I can afford to buy a new desktop pc.

I left you a recommendation on which one to buy, I'm personally planning to get one when my money comes through for my laptop, although it doesn't overheat that much.

Shadow - how is nocturnal doing?

Dyson - get back onto your 45, I can always level with you and if you get to 80 you could always transfer to one of the realms us lot are on!

Aimless - I'm terrible at rts too but I'm still getting sc2, its awesome, I like bossing about my little protos to kill people...haha!

Doing alright I guess, migrated a few months ago to a new server. But been a slow month or two with the holidays/world cup.

Last I heard, the guild was planning to do a merge.

And I suck at RTS games too, but got a wee interest in SC 2, so i'll need to get round to having a look at that and Diablo.

I never realised you'd left! I'm with Supreme on Vashj nowadays, its much better, I'm not raiding much now, but at least I got a choice to not raid. There seems to be a lot of drama still with nocturnal. Heh!

I've been back on WoW for a few months now.

Currently levelling my rogue with a mate so that when we both ding 80 we can get in one of the guilds 10 man teams.

My 80 Pally. Some of my gear is dead pants.. still need to rid myself of that ridiculous green trinket.

Rogue.

Nightwolf, think I'll definitely get back in to WoW in a month or so. With SC2 coming out I need the 10GB that WoW would take up saved for it :heh: But I do keep meaning to get back in to that character and back in to WoW. I feel as though I've barely scratched the surface with the game.

Cool beans.

I'll have WoW and sc2 most likely, plus xbl, oh god no wonder I'm poor, haha.

What's this I hear about Starcraft 2 being subscription based?