NEurope
Ashley

The General Public

As a whole...what a bunch of stupid annoying morons.

Anyone else who has had to deal with this collection of idiots any fun stories to share?

Two from today; two different people said "Your signs say all DS games are buy one get one free" to which I told them no it doesn't. It essentially says "All buy one get one free games are buy one get one free" (redundant I know, but I suppose they are trying to point out you can have PSP and DS games, not just two from one console). They continue to try and argue and I point out it says underneath "Selected stickered stock only" and they grumble and say they are right and walk off moaning about illegaly displaying products.

And someone else bought a game which I grabbed from the cabinet and said "It says its £20 in there" so I explained it was last week but the offer has ended. He said "Well legally you should do it for £20" and I said no because the games in the cabinet aren't on display, they are just kept their. So he said "nun-huh" to which I wanted to reply "That is not a rebutal. That is a noise that makes you sound like a child and furthers my point that you are an idiot"

So any other funny stories about the general public? Just wanted to give people (me :P) a chance to rant.

I work in Game also Ashley, and all I can do is thank the public for killing Christmas for me. They've literally taken my soul this Christmas. :blank:

And those BOGOF stickers always cause issues.........some people are just beyond stupid.

we should call this the "lets all bitch about GAME customers" thread (yeah thats right readers: we wear our pink and black t-shirts and smile at you but inside we hate you :wink: joke joke joke)

today i had a comical argument with a small child about how i wasnt going to sell him assassins creed because it was a 15 rated game and he was so blatantly about 11. he told me that you couldnt get ID'd till yu were 16 ~ i told him "evidently you can - i'm ID-ing you right now."

he woman behind him in the queue found it hilarious though.

The worst ones are the people who just like complaining for complaings sake. I spose it happens more on the phone than in RL, but people who dont let you speak, and if they actually did then theyd find out that their problem has been resolved. But yeah the public are just utter *****.

(yeah thats right readers: we wear our pink and black t-shirts and smile at you but inside we hate you :wink: joke joke joke)

I wear a shirt and tie...

But yeah age ratings also bring funsies;

"I need ID for this"

"Im 18"

"Well that just proves it!"

ENTER BARRATTS

oh god some of he people in barratts are really annoying.. if they need insoles with shoes they always go "are they included in the price?" naww.. the £3 price tag on the packet of the insoles means its FREE

and if we dont have the shoe in their size.. they always mutter swear words at me.. as if its my fault they have a really common shoe size!

u should hear me in the stockroom... i really really get pissed off.. AND AND AND.. if you take a shoe off the stand.. put it back in the right place.. dont put it at your backside.. it really causes confusion..

.. also.. on a final note... once i was in the stockroom getting a shoe for someone and there wasnt the shoe in the right size.. so they sent me up for a different shoe.. and the supervisor heard them saying "if they dont have my size in this shoe im making her run for every bloody shoe in the shop"//

how rude

.. also.. on a final note... once i was in the stockroom getting a shoe for someone and there wasnt the shoe in the right size.. so they sent me up for a different shoe.. and the supervisor heard them saying "if they dont have my size in this shoe im making her run for every bloody shoe in the shop"//

how rude

Get a really small size, take it to them, insist it is their size, and force their foot into it. Simple, really!

Revenge is sweet! :awesome:

Working at Subway´s made me wanna go psycho on the public.

Like one time, been, had been a very long day very busy and all that and i see a woman taking a cup and going to the soda machine even though she didn´t pay for it. I of course stopped her and said she has to pay for it.

Her: I did pay for it.

Me: No you didn´t *shows receipt*

Her: I asked for a (some deal i don´t remember it´s name)

Me: No you did not.

Her: Well i assumed i got this deal because this is so expensive!

Me: I cant charge you for something you didn´t ask for.

Her: Well i think i should get a soda because this is so expensive! *walks to the soda machine*

I glared at her and said: You´re note getting a free soda soda because you didn´t ask for one.

She sat down and ate her meal... She even sat there with one of her hands blocking one side of her face so she couldn´t see me.

And i love it when people come inside and ask if they can get a free re-fill, when they bought the soda yesterday.

WHY YES! It makes sense! Free soda for the rest of your life!

The problem is to do with people's rights, and the law.

For some reason, over the last 4 or so years, people are suddenly aware of the "law"..even kids. They know the age for this and that, I mean, you can't get IDd til your 16? WTF? Where did that come from?

I've worked in telesales and customer services, and the amount of times where you tell people one thing over the phone, and they come back months later saying "you said this and that" when we blatantly didn't and they know we didn't and we have recorded phone conversations to prove it. There was this one time where somebody had sold a pet insurance policy over the phone, and I had an angry customer ring me back about 2 months later asking why their money had been taken out of their account.

"um, because you...signed up?"

"yeah, but I thought it was free."

If you thought you were getting something for free, why in God's elbow would you give out your bank details over the phone? Nobody can trick you into it. They can't FORCE you into giving over your details.

The thing with the general public is that too many members are ignorant - so ignorant in fact they don't even know what ignorance is.

i have had quite a few jobs, and certainly the one here the public was most irritating was when I worked in a games shop.

one particularly funny story from them is less the idiocy of customers, more the fat, disgusting D&D stereotypes that game stores do attract.

We used to have a big sweaty, sticky guy who used to come in every week. He never used to buy anything, but he'd look at stuff. Everything he touched he made sticky, so we used to watch him the whole time he was in the store and mentally note everything he touched. Then as soon as he left we would each have our own tasks. 1 ran round with air freshener, 1 wiped down the front counter and I wiped down everything he had touched. Very synchronised, like the Morcombe and Wise breakfast sketch.

I work in a travel agents, i had this guy come in last week i think it was, he said he wanted to get a ferry to Switzerland

WTF?

I told him I can't do that cuz Switzerland is land-locked,

he said "why not, i want to take my car so i want to get a ferry there"

Me: "Well I can get you a ferry to France and you can drive from there, but Switzerland has no sea, it's land-locked"

Him: But I don't want to go to France.

I was seriously about to lose it, so i took out an atlas opened up a map of Europe and showed him Switzerland and explained again how it's land-locked.

And I wanted to say "ferries can't travel across land". But i didn't.

Seriously i'm not making this up :heh:

Hahahahaha, that's class, Frankyboy. ;)

I've had customers ring up to sign up for my service. I'll get to the sales close screen, ready to add another tick to the board, and they'll say:

"Don't you already have my bank details?"

"No, I don't believe I've taken them, yet."

"Oh, well you should do, I've already got this service!"

...If you've got the service, why the hell are you ringing me up, bothering me, to join up with a service you already have?

I laugh it off with the customer, hang up, and then prepare to each my own testicles through my bottom. Humans do such peculiar things.

Me: "Well I can get you a ferry to France and you can drive from there, but Switzerland has no sea, it's land-locked"

I was seriously about to lose it, so i took out an atlas opened up a map of Europe and showed him Switzerland and explained again how it's land-locked.

I can seriously picture that as a comedy sketch for some reason! :smile:

I laughed when Franklin said "it has no sea." I can just imagine somebody in the queue behind that bloke just cracking up.

I get right bell ends at Sainsbury's. This year before Christmas I was working outside on trolleys, it's brought to my attention the almighty prickness of the general public, more so than I discovered when I was inside on replenishment/checkouts.

Our trolleys need a pound deposit to use, and you get some prats who come along asking for a trolley since they don't have a coin. They knew they needed one before they even bothered leaving the house.

Old people love the "small" trolleys. Their logic for this is that they fall into the larger ones. These people I see with one of those weird bags on wheels that resemble luggage. These things are on a lower ground level, I expect them to fall in that and suffocate. Then have the nerve to complain that they're in high demand as if it's some form of big surprise. We are INUNDATED by old ladies with holiday luggage who are afraid they'll fall into Narnia if they get a big trolley.

Then when you do manage to get some small trolleys to bring back before you even get a chance to add them to the collection already chained up, they're on you like knockers in a windtunnel [some even "forget" their pound coins]

People trying to steal the trolleys. Always the chinese students. Always.

Since we have two types of trolley, in the trolley bays dotted around the car park there's normally 2 [sometimes 3] chains for people to chain their trolleys to and get their pound back. Then you get these inbred retards who put the small trolley in the large trolley, so no more large trolleys can go in, despite the fact that there's a small trolley right next to it.

I could imagine the ferry to switzerland thing as a Monty Python sketch too! It reminds me of the Life of Brian -

'I want to have a baby'

'But you can't have a baby'

'Don't opress me!'

'But you can't have a baby, you don't have a womb.'

I've only worked for an online store, so I've only handled emails. Once someone threatened to take me to court because I wouldn't refund him £20 because he bought the wrong type of atlas. He wanted a road map, but instead got a children's geographical atlas (which was clearly stated). He eventually gave up.

I work in a travel agents, i had this guy come in last week i think it was, he said he wanted to get a ferry to Switzerland

WTF?

OK, humanity has just reached new levels of stupidity... :indeed:

The funniest (in retrospect, at the time its quite annoying) is when people believe it is your fault that something is out of stock.

Some woman once asked for my name and head office's phone number because she got to the store at 8.45 and I went out and told her that we have no spare Wiis. She kicked off saying "But theres nobody else here!" so I told her we had people waiting from 3.30 (they told me, I dunno. I got there at 7) and I am putting them aside and let them go get some coffee or whatever. She kicked off. One of the few times I have then gone and attacked something in anger.

Oh and when customers lie. That day someone else complained to head office saying we had loads of Wiis behind the counter and were keeping them by until the end of day for people. Head office spoke to me and asked if this was true and I said no we have one and the person is on-route. So head office person just said "so they have no leg to stand on then?" and I just mhm-hmmed and looked at her.

Barmy sods.

Here's another Sainsbury's classic moment. As I'm sure some may remember there was an advert a few years back where it stated that we "scan and pack" which was shown in such a patronising manner:

Two women talking about lip stick or some shit, at the checkout, about to pack as is the customers duty, then bitchslapped by the cashier who says "I'll do that, we scan and pack now". The woman pulls a surprised look, like she's just seen a cock for the first time.

The sexy thing about this is that no one told us before this advert was broadcast, so you got customers acting high and mighty, standing there tapping their feet like Sonic the Hedgehog. Then we get told behind the scenes, pack the first 3 items. Millions of pounds gone into an advertising campaign where we pack the first 3 items.

But then the old demographic enter the fray again, after not falling into a parallel dimension (Magical Trevor was out of stock, we had a shitload of beans though [ha.]) holding 3 baskets, one on each hand, one on their head. Offload everything, breaking the sound barrier with their speed. As soon as they get to the till they've suddenly had their strength sapped from them, they can't move two paces without breaking down into a fit of coughing. That's how frail they really are. As soon as they find out there's no small trolley for them - They go Incredible Hulk Mode. Green skin. Beige tweed clothes rip off and they run around the store for the Sainsbury's Basics spagetti. Soon as they reach the belt after offloading - Bruce Banner Regression.

I had one such prick over the summer, trundles along, not a care in the world. Drops his items off nicely. Soon as I say hello:

Prick "Ooh I have a dodgy arm."

Me *whispering* "Is that your subtle way of saying you need help?"

Prick *whispering* "I think so."

I was tempted to grab the lock to the till and crack his skull.

Over the summer I perfected a way of "offering" my packing services. I ask:

"Are you alright for your packing?"

Because it implies they're too weak and is a cracking insult if they're not. Sometimes I lend a hand while they're offloading or they're just too slow to keep up with my amazing scanning prowess. Naturally the old demographic comes again and mince their words. "I wouldn't mind a bit of help" they say, which implies they're going to do something themselves. No. "A bit of help" is actually pension talk for "Do it all now, war story blah blah got any stamps".

Never worked with public, and this stories scare me off this jobs. I have however worked next to a call center of a cable company, and one time they got a guy calling to cancel his TV service because he got refunded 10€ that had been mistakenly taken from his account. What he said was "I don't need money from nobody!", what an honourable retard he is.

I work in Game also Ashley, and all I can do is thank the public for killing Christmas for me. They've literally taken my soul this Christmas. :blank:

OMG I'm not the only one!

I've hated this Christmas so much, purely because of the amount of time I've spent at work. 95% of the public is a retarded, 3% are looking for a fight and 2% are absolute gems which made the whole job worth doing.

At work, when we have sold the last item (e.g. CoD4 360) we still leave the display cases out on the shelf, but place a piece of colored plastic over the price on the actual shelf edge. This says "Sold Out, but order me for free delivery". I will admit they aren't most noticeable signs ever but if you take a look at the price you will notice them. Yet of course with 95% of the public being retards, they still bring the item up to the tills. Then I inform them that it is out of stock and it has a sign saying so. "Why have you got the cases out there then?" "Thats because we can order you the item", then they argue back ranting and raving. Once you've said that 100 times in a day I want to grow horns and physically beat the smug customers within 1 inch of their life. :smile:

I remember asking a kid if he had any form of ID's (he was buying a 15 and he looked about 12) He didn't have any ID and seemed incredibly shy and I refused him the sale, but said if you've got a parent who can buy it for you thats fine. 30 minutes before close, I notice the lad walking towards the counter with his mum. To her disgust, she had to come in to buy her son the DVD. Whilst I was serving her she started to have a massive go. "How dare you ID my son?" "He's got growing difficulties, He's at the hospital quite often" I just said sorry it's the law I wouldn't want to be fined a few thousand for selling a DVD to someone who was the right age. To which she got even more wound up. "HE IS FIFTEEN, DO YOU THINK I'D LET HIM COME IN AND BUY A DVD IF IT WAS TOO OLD FOR HIM!" I said a few kids do try and push their luck, again this wound her up even more, any way the manager came over and took over, and still couldn't talk sense into the thick dumb bitch.

There are many many more things that irritate me, but if I went into them all, i probably would end up killing my self.

I FUCKING HATE RETAIL

P.S.

Have you got any Wii's in stock?

Have you got any DS's in stock?

Have you got any Wii Remotes in stock?

________

Vaporizer Brands

Edited by fex

I've had many customers thinking they are right, and 9/10 i have proved them wrong.

one of them thought i screwed him out of £20 of which he ranted in front of the manager and myself. The manager ordered me to give the guy the £20 out of my own pocket, which is when i refused as i already gave him his change from the £20 he gave me when he purchased his items. He never got the £20 back as i managed to prove i gave him his change from it using CCTV and other customers.

Also had another one who threatened to kill me if i didn't serve him alcohol of which he was underage at 17 years old. He kept on about killing me if i didn't serve him, but he was 17 and i refused all the time. He eventually gave up once i told him face to face that if he didn't give up and leave, i would deal with him outside.