NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

3 and a half bears out of exclamation mark? :D

Wire in the Blood: Hole in the Heart

actually really good :D

9/10

Lol :heh: I meant 3 and a half Bears out of 7 :D

*is steal having nightmares about the episode*

Been enjoying some Lois and Clark in the afternoon lately, can't beat a bit of good old fashioned cheese, 8/10.

Battlestar Galactica season 1-3 and Razor

Best series I have ever watched. It's sci-fic but yet realistic. Nothing is exaggerated. There's no crappy techno science babble to get the characters out from difficult situations. Everything is solved in realistic way. Another thing I like is that the problem isn't always mean aliens, but conflicts between the humans themselves. The story is heavy and dark and people die in every episode. The cast is amazingly good and the story is exciting and surprising.

The only dissappointing thing is the change to stand alone episodes in season 3.

10/10

Nip/Tuck - 5.10 - Magda and Jeff

What the fuck!?

(and also, I have not been able to look at little old ladies again. major eww)

Horizon (Or Michael Portillo Wants To Kill You)

Ex-Tory minister Michael Portillo sets out to prove his masculinity, accidentally proves his ignorance.

Chuck - 1.12 & 1.13

Chuck vs The Undercover Lover

Nice to see more of Casey and his past, and Adam Baldwin does win at life. Plus the awkward being stuck under a bed with people having sex reminds me of student life (although granted its usually a room inbetween).

Chuck vs The Marlin

Dramatic. Hot chicks fighting. Comedy. It had it all. Nice somewhat finale due to the writer's strike.

Although one thing that did annoy me is they referred to Chuck having a preview code of the next Call of Duty which just wouldn't happen because hes tech support, not gaming sales, and I doubt there is much of an 'early code' yet. Weird how that got through considering Zachery Levi is a big gamer, I would have thought he flagged it. Still, many shots of a COD4 POS display.

Diagnosis Murder

dick van dyke is an absolute legend

At his best when he's doing the English thing really.

But on the subject of absolute cheese, I missed Lois & Clark today. :weep:

Doppelgangland (Buffy - Season 3 - ep16)

One of the best episodes of Buffy ever, I think. It's just so funny all the way through, Dominatrix Willow (from previous episode 'The Wish') is awesome, as is normal Willow. When normal Willow dresses up in the spandex, her reaction to seeing her 'assests' is brilliant. If you ever have to show one episode of Buffy to someone, this (or the one with the voice stealing) should be it.

11/10

Heroes 11+

Stopped watching this when I started my second year at uni. Got the boxset for Christmas and haven't really been that motivated to watch it. Watched 7 episodes last night.

GODDAMN.

Really kicks into gear, doesn't it? Just as good as Lost/BSG in their first seasons.

BSG Season 2:

I am not dying to watch it but it is good entertainment. I kinda liked it when everyone was friendly.

Carnivale: Season 2

The first thing you can say about this show; it's a shame it was cancelled. The first series was brilliant, utterly sublime and totally overlooked, and unfortunately it's clear that HBO decided to can it half way through, if not earlier, the second season.

The first four episodes are completely on par with the first series, perhaps a little less annoying in terms of Ben Hawkins' lack of sharing with others, but the middle 4 episodes are utterly, utterly brilliant. Episode 20 of heroes? last episode of the first series of Spooks? Four episodes in a row where the series just gets better and better and better, letting loose all sorts of things you never thought you'd see... But then the last four episodes. The characters are totally overlooked and it's all plot-driven, almost 2-dimensional and predicatable with the odd surprise (see: Sophie); but the whole carnival element (and, the carnivale element) is ignored in a rush to complete what was apparantly originially a 6-season idea in just as many episodes. Hell, even the cornfields come out of nowhere in the final two episodes, where any value which the characters and story holds have been cashed in, indeed so the show can end.

The season still stands above a hell of a lot of other competition, and I highly encourage everyone to watch the 24 episodes that there are, but if it were me, I'd've ended the 2nd season on a complete cliffhanger, rather than try and wrap anything up at all just to please the producers.

But despite these misgivings, the season still packs a punch (as I said, episode 8 = OMGWEOHWETON!H!I!HHFHHEWIEYRIOEW.T>F@!), even if the final half of the season is beneath the general quality of teh rest, it still holds something that is entertaining to the end, and ultimately you are left sorry that the show was not given the chance to prove itself beyond two seasons. The ending's poingnancy loses a shade or two because of the unavoidable forced nature it has, but it's still gripping throughout. Oh, and there's still a twist or two towards the end which, like any good book, keeps you thinking about the world depicted for long after the final curtain's drawn. Perhaps they left a few nuggets there for a "just in case"...

8.7/10.

Because there are only two seasons, it it surely inexcusable to watch it all :) I can guarentee you will not be dissapointed.

I do wonder what they originially intended for the season, and in fact the seasons after it. In fact, I feel pity that the UK is incapable of producing such quality telivision as this, for if this was a UK product, it would not have been canned so quickly.

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries

Why can't more TV shows do something like this? Have a few extra episodes at the start to introduce the characters and the setting before the show starts properly.

9/10

Skunk Fu

A continuously smart and witty slice of animated entertainment.

8/10

Riijkaard & Judy

Barcelona manager Frank Riijkaard discusses todays news and entertainment topics. Fake babies hiccup in supermarkets and Judy learns how to substitute Ronaldo for Carlos in the 2000 Champions League Semi-Final.

Lovely stuff.

Red Dwarf VI

Continuing on with my Dwarf month, not long to go now. This series contains the award winning episode "Gunmen of the Apocalypse" which is a class episode. Also contains Rimmerworld and Psirens which are also awesome episodes and make me laugh all the time 10/10

Red Dwarf VI

Continuing on with my Dwarf month, not long to go now. This series contains the award winning episode "Gunmen of the Apocalypse" which is a class episode. Also contains Rimmerworld and Psirens which are also awesome episodes and make me laugh all the time 10/10

I assume you're now about to start the seventh series. Shame.

1 Good

2 Good

3 Good

4 Good

5 Good

6 Good

7 Baaaaaad

8 Good

Heroes Season 1

POW!

What a second half to the season. Get rid of Nikki/DL COMPLETELY and the Prof's irritating sister and you have a near-perfect 23 episode run.

I liked how they touched on, if they did not really have anything to say about:

- 9/11

- Rudy Giuliani

- Diebold voting machines

- Campaign finance

Couple questions. I played WoW through a few episodes so I may have missed something.

How did Grandma Petrelli know about the bomb? Linderman? The paintings?

Is Sylar just a complete delusional nut-job? What were his motivations?

And the cliffhanger was a little easy, bearing in mind HN can beam the shit out of there.

Also: BSG miniseries is rad.

@ jayseven, Carnivale is, most definetely, a fantastic series, indeed. It's a fucking shame it's so short lived... =/

As for Heroes... I like the series... but the characters suck. Except for Sylar, Elle, Noah and The Haitian, everyone's just so... standard fare.

But those 4 are great, mind.

Red Dwarf VII

This series sees it as the first series without a live audience filmed in a studio instead and a different camera style as well, which shows as a let down to the whole series. Apart from this, there are a few good moments which include the crew saving JFK's life then killing him with a bit of help, Rimmer becoming Ace Rimmer, Kryten meeting his brother and finally re-acquiring Red Dwarf and Holly in a way no-one expected them to. I'll give this 7/10

Red Dwarf VIII

The final series which i watched today in the whole, it starts off a little confusing as the crew are in prison but all is explained in the first 3 episodes as to why they are where they are. Rimmer returns alive this time as do the rest of the crew. One of the best eps was Krytie TV where Kryten hyjacks the prison broadcast and runs his own show. 8/10 and that is only because they ended this on a cliffhanger with no answer to it.

The Class (Pilot to episode 3)

Why did they cancel this??? From the maker of friends, it got good reviews and was getting enough viewers too. It's really funny, and the chracters are mostly great.

Damn you US tv networks, this deserved a second series!

8/10

The Simpsons Season 19: That 90's Show

It was quite a good episode but a fair few of the 90's jokes fell flat. :)

4 bears out of 7! :D

Skins: Series 2: Part 1

Watched the first part of the first episode online just now. Woo, Skins is back! A funny moment with some chavvy girls, and the whole thing with

Tony now being mentally disabled (or thats what it looks like) was interesting.

8/10

Firefly

Love this show. The humour is great and the cast is perfect. Whoever recommended me this is a saint.

Oxy; Awesome :) Like, the only person in the whole world besides my dad and I that has actually seen it all!