NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Friday night with Jonathon Ross

Fantastic chats and laughs with Tom Hanks and Chris Rock. Couldn't give a toss about the other 2 ITV "stars" who were on.

8/10

Buffy - Season 2 - 2 part finale

A really great ending to one of the best series of the show, the whole Angel thing comes to an end and it's left on a big (and sad) cliffhanger as to where Buffy's going.

9/10

Two Pints Live Special

I love two pints and thought they did a brilliant job doing it live, plus of course it was funny seeing them trying not to laugh. Shame about whats happened this season though, plus I dont like that new guy.

8/10

Veronica Mars - Not Pictured

The reveal scene, and the 'bacon' scene still makes me a bit weepy. I just want to huggle Kristen Bell. A fantastic episode, the line "why not?" still haunts and scares me. Could have done with less naked Harry Hamlin.

Life As We Know It - Natural Disasters

Poor Ben...and everyone really as everyone gets emotionally kicked about in the episode.

Watched both of them to research the use of music within teen drama (as in took note of songs, analysed style, variances, whether they were used diagetically or not, emphasised for music or lyrics etc etc) and now im all sleepy.

The Paul Merton Door Show (can't remember what it was called)

Quite entertaining! :)

4 and a half Bears out of 7! :D

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Episode 1

Seemed like a pretty good start to the show, the actors playing Sarah and John were good enough but im not entirely sure yet on Summer Glau as a Terminator, just something about her voice isnt fitting.

I was suprised though with the twist near the end:

I wasnt expecting the jump to 2007 for the show, makes me wonder how this is actually going to relate to Terminator 3 considering all the stuff John said about his mum holding on until just after the original Judgement day was supposed to happen.

Two Pints Live Special

I love two pints and thought they did a brilliant job doing it live, plus of course it was funny seeing them trying not to laugh. Shame about whats happened this season though, plus I dont like that new guy.

8/10

Saw it myself, was fantastic! Awful job they did of explaining Ralf Little leaving, but apart from that it was great. The parts in the bar where they're all trying to impress with different tricks was my favourite, you could see them all cracking up inside! :D :D

The Sarah Connor Chronicles Pilot

I watched it around six months ago and once again just now. It's interesting to see the changes that they make. The new husband isn't as good as the original but the extra scenes add quite a bit to the character development.

And Summer Glau is awesome.

8/10

Oh, I forgot this:

Heroes Season 2 (so far, at least).

Better ambience than season 1. People want adrenaline and they're gonna get it as of next episode, but if it were up to me, we'd stick with this... character development beats all. The Haitian is still my favourite character.

Good/10.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Episode 1

Seemed like a pretty good start to the show, the actors playing Sarah and John were good enough but im not entirely sure yet on Summer Glau as a Terminator, just something about her voice isnt fitting.

I was suprised though with the twist near the end:

I wasnt expecting the jump to 2007 for the show, makes me wonder how this is actually going to relate to Terminator 3 considering all the stuff John said about his mum holding on until just after the original Judgement day was supposed to happen.

Watched it the other day (yesterday?) and was definitely impressed. The first third I was thinking that it was going to be cheesy, cringeworthy, and predictable... Thankfully it got better, and holds lots of promise now :)

I've heard that the Chronicles will not be canon, per se; noticeable already with the altering of the years and everything. The husband side-story and the FBI dude's realisation that she was telling the truth all along make for a richer show than "bad guy that way, run this way".

Some minor twinges to do with the dialogue, and some unnecessary eye-flashing, but definitely looking set to get better.

I also heard that it won't be a "terminator of the week" theme; rather, it'll be a 'dilemma of the week' - for the first season at least :)

I dunno whether to give it a try. Don't really like Terminator, but do really like Summer Glau.

Anyway.

Arrested Development - Family Ties

Shame the show as cut short. Great episode, and still a treat to watch again because you're then waiting for the reveals. Gotta love Franklin, and Nellie's list of wont's.

Torchwood Episode One (Click to watch)

Surprisingly good. The characters have improved a lot since the last season and the show makes fun of itself now. Lots of great one-liners, too.

8/10

Torchwood Episode One (Click to watch)

Surprisingly good. The characters have improved a lot since the last season and the show makes fun of itself now. Lots of great one-liners, too.

8/10

I've not seen any Torchwood before, and only seen the Eccleston series of Dr Who, but I quite enjoyed this episode! The opening was cheesy as hell, but the episode unfolded well, and I was surprised by the acting :) Always good to see James Marsters, too. Will probably tune in for next weeks too :)

The IT Crowd Season 2 Episode 1 was on More4 and I did watch.

I cried because it was so funny - the tears could not be held back. It seems to be a program that no one watches but every time I see it it leaves me in kinks.

I didnt like the IT Crowd when it first started but I recently watched all of season 1 and 2 again and really loved it.

The IT Crowd is very good, and Richard Ayoade is absolutely brilliant in it.

"Subject: Fire

Dear Sir/Madam,

Fire! Fire! Help me!

123 Carodon Road, Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Maurice Moss"

I just watched the first and second series a couple of days ago and loved it!

The Wire (Season 1)

Bloody hell. That was fantastic. Started off a little slowly but definitely pays off in the end. One of the best TV seasons I've ever seen. Can't wait to watch the other 4 seasons.

10/10

Chuck Versus The Undercover Lover

Nice to have the show back, even if it is for just episodes 12 and 13. Great to have some more backstory on Casey and a bit more side story with Ellie and Awesome.

Oh and Chuck's "Its Alive" was brilliant!

I watched it around six months ago and once again just now. It's interesting to see the changes that they make. The new husband isn't as good as the original but the extra scenes add quite a bit to the character development.

And Summer Glau is awesome.

8/10

Any idea when this starts on Virgin 1?

Red Dwarf IV

Carrying on with my marathon brings me to the fourth installment of the sitcom. Good episodes and one liners throughout. Best episode of the series for me was Meltdown when the crew wind up on a planet of wax droids. 9/10

Red Dwarf V

And now for the 5th series, this time with more of an eerie feeling to it than before with episodes like the Inquisitor and Demons and Angels. Favorite one is Quarantine. 9/10 once again

Episodes 2 and 3 are awesome, too.

Just finished watching episode 3, still looking like a vey good show. I look forward to finding out whats going on at the school.

The Simpsons

Husband and Knives

3 and a half Bears out of ! :)

Starts off good then gradually gets worse! i don't want to see Homer to get Plastic surgery and other things were left too open ended!