NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I've seen all of Buffy and all of Angel. Angel is a bit more 'grown up', but both are perfectly fine programmes to pass the time. Definitely not "crap" like.. I don't know.. like something crap! Like soaps or something. At least there's some brain-power gone into these, and they're not made by students fresh out of media studies.

I've not seen much of firefly - saw two episodes? Didn't hook me in.

You should give the rest a try. Theres only like nine more to be fair. (And the ones from disc three are awesome, Out of Gas, War Stories and the like).

Soaps aren't necessarily crap...well depending on how you look at it. Soaps have as much credibility as prestigious films if you're looking to analyse them in a variety of ways and their uses in society.

(and hey, one day im going to be a freshly graduated media student :p)

I want to watch Buffy. And Angel (because they're from the same guy who created Firefly). I just can never be bothered

Don't bother. It's like he had a lobotomy, but instead of going awesome->retard, he went the other way.

Why do I care if it's "deep"? Cliched storylines, bad acting, bad jokes, horrible action. Pff.

Don't bother. It's like he had a lobotomy, but instead of going awesome->retard, he went the other way.

Why do I care if it's "deep"? Cliched storylines, bad acting, bad jokes, horrible action. Pff.

Seriously? I know opinions are opinions and all, but to some my point up...your wrong.

Cliched, well of course some epsiodes are going to be to a point. I mean after all, how many vampires can you kill? But, episodes that are in danger of becoming cliche, like Halloween, where everyone turns into what they're wearing, it manages not to be by developing a character further, ala Willow finally realising she's 'hot stuff'. Anyway, I don't think you can call the show unorigonal at all, it's far from it.

Anyway...I've never caught Firefly, I might have to at some point.

I love both Buffy and Angel. Now that theyve both finished I think I actually enjoyed Angel as a whole more. After Buffy left high school they seemed to take her superiority complex way too far.

I can call it unoriginal, because I see it and it's not original. As simple as that. I can say you're wrong too.

Wasnt saying you do/should. But depth is important to me personally. Hence my defence strategy.

The storylines are supposed to be cliched, but twisted slightly (girl sleeps with boy and he literally becomes evil rather than just becoming a prick). And c'mon, you can't fault Alyson Hannigan's acting skills, nor SMG at certain points ("Mom...mom...mommy?" still cuts me up).

Action. What can you expect from a low-budget show from a low-budget network really?

And finally, bad jokes...I dunno. There was some funnies in there. Although the only one I can think of right now is "Nothing can defeat the penis!"

I just can't find anything good with the show asides from hot chicks. Angel is a little better, in the latter seasons, episodes whatever, but I still don't like it that much.

Super Mario World

It's pretty cool how they use sound effects from Super Mario Bros. Not bad.

Mad Men - Pilot

About advertising execs in the 60s. Visually, very impressive. The last shot looked like a Rockwell painting. The 60s setting allows for a lot of self-kowing nods ("theres no magical machine that can make identical copies", how hard can it be to convince America to like Dick Nixon?", and the beginning of research into how smoking is bad for you) and the amount of misogyny is amazing, but seemingly accurate (wasnt around then shocking).

Has the potential to be really good.

Skins Series 1 Finale

Really, really good. I love the music video ending, and the whole final destination moment. Well worth a watch.

Freaks And Geeks : The best show that nobody watched (better then Firefly, even better then Arrested Development) such great writing you care about all the cast. If you havent seen or heard of it, please watch it. Quite funny watching it how many of the cast go on to appear in 40 year old virgin, knocked up, superbad etc.

Think Linda Cardinelli is the only one who doesnt appear in at least one of them, speaking of which she is beautiful in this. A google search reveals she now has blonde hair which doesnt suit her really. But in this I get hypnotised by her beauty.

Freaks And Geeks : The best show that nobody watched (better then Firefly, even better then Arrested Development) such great writing you care about all the cast. If you havent seen or heard of it, please watch it. Quite funny watching it how many of the cast go on to appear in 40 year old virgin, knocked up, superbad etc.

Think Linda Cardinelli is the only one who doesnt appear in at least one of them, speaking of which she is beautiful in this. A google search reveals she now has blonde hair which doesnt suit her really. But in this I get hypnotised by her beauty.

(ignoring the fact the initialisation is FAG...) I've been meaning to watch this for ages. That and My So-Called Life. Two, from what I can gather, fantastic shows. Must watch one day.

(and Veronica Mars claimed the title of "the best show that nobody is watching", or at least according to Alyson Hannigan :p)

You should definately check out "My So-Called Life". Fantastic in every aspect and just a shame that inferior shows made years later reference it as a major influence. It says so much more about life than crap like "The OC" and "Dawson's Creek" can ever hope to.

Never been a big fan of The OC (seems a bit too over-the-top) and Dawson's Creek (as it got me arrested) but definatly need to check out MSCL. Hmm...birthday next month...

Just started watching Heroes. I'm up to episode 5... so far, I like it. :D

Oh, and...

future hiro is the corniest thing ever.

ALSO:

The actor who's portraying Peter Petrelli sucks at acting. A lot.

Theres cornier characters to come.

Was watching 30 Rock again yesterday and Jenna said her new fatness helped her gain the part of Mrs Pac-Man in the new live action film...that still going through does anyone know? (obviously not with Jane Krakowski but in general, the film)

... Dawson's Creek (as it got me arrested)

oooook, am i the only one who picked up on that?! :confused::laughing:

Come Dine With Me

It should be silly reality-afternoon-filler crap, but it isn't(!), it's really rather enjoyable and when the omnibus is on and I haven't seen them I end up bloody watching the whole lot and wasting an entire afternoon!! So it must be good! 8/10

(By the way, when they string a whole load of episodes back-to-back, why is it called an "Omnibus" anyway? Never understood that!)

As for Buffy, it was very amateurish at the start, but I think some of that added to its charm - like the very B-movie style music used in the first season. I really enjoyed Buffy for its first five years, and its use of fantastical elements in its story to highlight things we've all gone through was ingenious. However, after year five it went down the pooper. After she was brought back (in that awful Dracula episode - he deserves more!!) it went all far too serious, and Buffy herself became such a depressive moaner than it actually started to depress me and got too annoying to watch as a whole. I know she was meant to be dealing with a lot etc etc but for me the show had lost its charm, was taking itself far too serious and this new portrayal of Buffy just wasn't entertaining to watch.

Angel was bloody awesome for its first couple of years, I preferred the standalone story approach and the small cast. This was always their intention apparently, but they ended up adding too many people and making big arcs just like Buffy and so it lost its identity and I stopped watching somewhere in season thre.

Red Dwarf Series 2

Second season of the populat Sci-Fi sitcom set 3 million years in the future. First episode is a classic when the crew meet Kryten for the first time and he turns on Rimmer thanks to Lister. I'll give this 10/10 because it is better than the first series by a bit

Red Dwarf Series 3

Yes, as you can guess i am on a Red Dwarf marathon for the whole of January. Finished watching series 2 last week, and series 3 this week. New sets have been used to give the series a more colourful image compared to the previous series sets. First episode is great as we see the crew return to Earth but not all is how it seems. Later on in the series, Rimmer and Lister swap bodies and Lister finds a way to change his life for the better. 10/10

Just started watching Heroes. I'm up to episode 5... so far, I like it. :D

Oh, and...

future hiro is the corniest thing ever.

ALSO:

The actor who's portraying Peter Petrelli sucks at acting. A lot.

He's not that bad, or at least if he is I haven't noticed. He's got an awesome looking movie coming out soon, Pathology. I never saw the ending of season 1, I stopped watching about epsiode 15 and then kept forgotting about it. I need to catch them soon.

Heroes Season 1

Pretty darn nice. I liked it. Peter Petrelli AKA Keanu Reaves 2.0 still sucks as fuck at acting, though. I love the Haitian.

8/10

I'm now up to episode 6 of Season 2... I dread the thought that I'll run out of episodes soon.

EDIT:

The show's go some pretty dumb and obvious errors, but it's great.

Yeah, Petrelli annoyed too hell....

Every scene were he was punched i rewinded and watched it again...

Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law Season 1-3

The show is about Harvey Birdman attorney and is a comedy shows that parodies a lot of old cartoon network characters. Flinstones, Scooby Doo and Johnny Quest to name a few.

This show is now one of ma favourites

9/10

Echo Beach - Episode 1

Not bad, I wasn't expecting much but it was pretty ok. Some crappy punch noises made me laugh too. I'll watch the second episode tonight and see if it improves.

6.5/10

E. Pluribus Wiggum

The latest Simpsons episode! it is quite a funy episode despite the lack of plot. :grin:

4 and a half Bears out of 7! :D

Did you only watch half of the show?

I watched the part on at half 9 yesterday.

(I missed the part that was on tonight)