NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've got into the habit of buying tv show boxsets now. I never used to bother, but now any show I like, I want the boxset. I thought this thread might help people get some ideas of some great shows they might be missing, and shows they really should be missing.

Just rate the lastest episode/series of a tv show you've seen, whether you thought it was awesome, or paticularly shit basically. It could be a series, a documentry, whatever.:)

So:

Scrubs: Season 1 (I just watched the entire series)

Awesome! I loved the first epsiode, I'd not seen it before intill now. This show really deserves to be more popular than it is with viewers. Elliot is my favourite character out of the bunch, she's just so wierd yet awesome. 10/10

Buffy The Vampire Slayer -Once More With Feeling

The best musical episode of a TV show ever, beats the scrubs musical episode hands down. One of the best hours of tv I've ever seen, I fucking love it! Some fantastic songs and some really funny moments, especially the Rock song about bunnies. Watch it! 9.5/10

--

(Btw, you don't need to give them actual marks out of something, I'm just used to the film thread so thought I might aswell:))

That musical Buffy episode was pretty good as far as I remember, but I've only saw it the once and that was actually many a year ago now.

Last program I watched was the Doctor Who special, and it was particularly rubbish! The best part was "allons-y alonso!"

Agreed, the Doctor Who Special was rather rubbish. I hate how hyped it was by the BBC with all the adverts only to turn out, in my opinion, crap.

Watched Stargate season 4 ep 12. Have been watching one episode every day at 18:00, only missing two episodes so far. Todays episode was another boring one so I surfed on my laptop while looking at the tv every five second.

lols.

11/03/2007

I want to make a "Rate the last TV program episode you watched". Its a lame knock off, but I'd be able to post up the wazoo on there. This rate the last film is silly. Films suck.

Anyway.

Veronica Mars - An Echolls Family Christmas.

Perfectly downbeat Christmas episode. Full of adultery, gambling, cheating and misery. With still one of my favourite closing monologues: "Christmas in Neptune is, was and always will be about the trappings. The lights and tinsel we use to cover up the sorbidness."

9/10

Hehe, sorry Ashley! I didn't know you had the idea first.:)

Buffy: First Ever Episode

An awesome start to the series. A fun episdoe to watch, it's nice to see how the 'gang' get together and begin doing all the vampire stuff. Giles is awesome too, I like him in the earlier episodes more than the later ones. The only annoying thing is Angel, I really can't stand him.

9/10

i watch very little tv. Everything annoys but I'll pick out one program in particular..

my super sweet 16

....what on earth is this program supposed to do.. It has that whole big brother thing to it. it's like a disease.. veeryone hates it but they CANT STOP WATCHING IT!

These girls are sooo spoilt it isn't funny. It's lucky you would Never see a program like tihs coming from ireland.

Scrubs Season 1 - 5 : Watched all this in about a week and a half. Very good TV show.

9/10.

Doctor Who Christmas Special:

Some utterly cringe worthy moments, some were just laughable.

I think the extra 10 minutes was for all the shitty slowdown they put in. Urgh.

5/10, and i'm being generous.

Planet Earth

Documentary - Narrated by David Attenborough.

Although this may not be everybody's cup of tea. The cinematography is outstanding by far some of the most gorgeous shots of the earth. Just watching the guys base jumping into a cave is amazing. If you have chance to see it in HD then do so because the clarity is superb.

10/10

Dr Who Christmas Special

Very disappointing. From the moment the Doctor fixed his Tardis in a nano-second (thought there would be some kind of side story there) and you saw the "Titanic" was in space allready, I knew this was going be poor. I had expected a portion of the story to be set on the original ship in 1912, but alas it wasn't, meh. Poor script and story too, and all the new characters were very unlikeable. The incluson of the 2 fat "comics" was very cringeworthy! If I had watched this with the sound off, I may have enjoed it more, as it did look fantastic though.

4/10

Harry Hill's Christmas TV Burp

Nothing special. Think I only laughed twice. That Pogues singer look very embarrased at being there towards the end!

4.5/10

Chuck - Pilot

Finally got round to watching it. A fun show with lots of silly little moments. Should be a good thing to keep watching too. Plus seeing C.S. Lee in it was cool (although I prefer him as geeky Masuka rather than the bottomfeeding tool he was playing in this).

Chuck - Pilot

Finally got round to watching it. A fun show with lots of silly little moments. Should be a good thing to keep watching too. Plus seeing C.S. Lee in it was cool (although I prefer him as geeky Masuka rather than the bottomfeeding tool he was playing in this).

Glad you liked it, I love Chuck and I think it gets a lot better after a few episodes. Plus who couldnt love Yvonne Strahovski!

Bought 24 season 1. Was supposed to be a Cristhmas present, but I found something else so I kept it for myself. Have watched two episodes and it's not bad at all. The twists have been great so far.

7.5/10

How I Met Your Mother - Spoiler Alert!

3.08. Somehow I missed this episode when it was first on so it is a nice new (to me) ep during the strike drought. Not their best but a good fun use of time and sound effect linking. Typical sitcom storylines but well told (and I do also tend to sometimes sing what I'm doing). Plus they used 'The Underdog' by Spoon at the end so it was ever more awesome.

The Old Curiosity Shop.

Incredibly good. Fantastic acting from Derek Jacobi and the rest of the cast, and incredibly atmospheric sets. T'was quite depressing, if I may add.

9/10.

Graham Norton Christmas Special

Damn it, I'm beginning to like Russel Brand. Him calling up a sex line playing thw part of Aladdin was so funny! I couldn't stop laughing. If only Chris Biggins hadn't of turned up it would have been awesome.

8/10

24 Season 6 Hours 1-3 - 9/10

Excellent stuff. Seeing Mr. Bauer rip a man's neck off with his teeth remains one of the best scenes in television history.

I doubt that. It sounds so improbable and pure flash spectacle that is would be dire.

How I Met Your Mother - The Platinum Rule

Great use of multiple timelines and proof that men can drink G&Ts :p 8.

Scrubs. It's all I ever watch.

I wish I could see what traumatizing events took place in Bill Laurence's early childhood to cause him to spawn so many "How the fuck did they come up with that" moments/10... teh best show evar.

I also (finally) got season 10 of Stargate SG-1 on DVD, so I'll be watching that. To be honest, even though I adore the show, it died part way through season 8.

The Boondocks season 1 episode 11 - Let´s nab Oprah 8/10

I love this show... especially this episode.

Haven´t finished the series but this is the funniest episode so far in my opinion