NEurope
Slaggis

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

I'm crying.

I'm not, but I feel like I should. I can't find the last 5 or so episodes of Arrested Development Season 3. All the rest worked at one place I watched it, but now the last ones don't.

But yeah, what I've seen so far, 10/10

511032227_5fc26b2906_o.gif

Whaaaaat about what I hooked you up with?

That's what I used for most of them, as MSN.com is faulty (they have all the episodes for free watching, but the links lie and take you no where after season 1).

I'll try the stuff you suggested just now.

---

2pslz5j.gif

Yes, I've spent all night finishing off Arrested Development.

Definitely one of the best TV Shows/things ever. Sorry Battlestar Galactica. You're not THAT good.

It's just completely hilarious. I love how it has a story, and isn't purely episodic, and the world is realistic, in that things from like...20 episodes before are referenced again and again.

Some bits just made me lol as I sat at my desk, staring at the blank screen in remembrance. Maeby's life in general, and especially "Marry me!". At first I thought Season 3 wasn't as good as the last two, but once it got Charlize in it, I was loving.

"MISTER F!" - another bit that brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it. Used SO well in the last few episodes. "Franklin?"

So unbelievably good. Gob's magic, and his voice in general. "Michael."

pennies1.gif

I was genuinely sad at the end.

Love reading about it on forums, all the references to future events you couldn't possibly get in only one viewing of show. Like...

Annyong being the one who vandalises the banana stand, and Saddam Hussein's nam e on boxes Kitty is seen holding etc.

Up there with Alien and Boys For Pele by Tori Amos as things I will love forever and always. It will be with me for all of my days.

EDIT: I'm just lol'ing at that first gif still. The fact Maeby doesn't give a shit.

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Glee (Pilot and Showmance)

Amazing. I'm praying this stays popular and get a second season. I loved the performance of Salt n Pepa's "Push It" was AMAZING. I love some of the one liners too.

Edited by Slaggis

Supernatural Season 5's Opener

Schwiiiiiing! It's baa-aack :D

So; last season basically had MEGA COOL premise, and really failed to capitalise on it, or improve drastically on season 3's genius filler episodes. I wasn't hugely impressed with the season's finale, so I guess I'm still a bit tentitative about season 5. This season basically extends on the promise of the previous season, with Mark Pellegrino (you'll know him, kinda, as Jacob from Lost's finale), or Paul from Dexter, or as That Dude Again in a bunch of other shows) co-starring for (oh, thanks for that spoiler, IMDB).. er... Notasmanyepisodesasiwould'veliked. Well here I was about to go into how genius a cast member he is/would be! Sigh.

WELL ANYWAY YEAH.

God's back. The angels are shitting themselves, and lucifer's found a vessel and armegeddon has officially begun. And it's basically Sam's fault. Dean trusts him no longer, and Bobby's probably paralysed. How's teh season going to play out? How long will Sam and Dean stay apart? Will that fan-girl be in it for much longer? Because she's pissing you off too right? Will they ever say the word 'God'? Will we have to wait an entire season to see some mega-cool-armegeddon-type action? Are we basically gonna see Lucifer summon some hardcore dudes, then Dean deciding to let Michael control him and kick his ass, then the rest of teh season they clean up the mess? I dunno. Bah!

Entourage - Security Briefs

I love how Zac Efron played himself and still seemed unable to act. And had the most ridiculous hair.

Otherwise Lloyd got a backbone, Drama got sacks full of goodies from a sex shop and Vince got to pound a girl from behind. All the usual fun and games.

Shameless: Season 3, 4 and 5

Season 4 was the best in my opinion. Season 5 isn't bad though

Season 3 = 8/10

Season 4 = 9/10

Season 5 = 7/10

Anyone here seen much of Kenny Vs Spenny? I'm on episode 13 of the first season, and it's just hilarious.

In each episode the two best friends compete to win a challenge. The challenges I've seen include who can stand the longest, who can stay awake the longest, who can lose the most weight, who can make the best woman, and so on. Spenny is a valiant, honest guy whose good natured heart gives him the strength to put up with the constant, relentless unsportsmanship; from bribing small children to faking a broken leg, Kenny is basically evil.

It's also oddly informative and educational, especially when they do challenges like 'who can go without using their arms the longest', where their ways of dealing for three days without arms really makes you appreciate how difficult it must be for people who live that way their whole lives.

Anyway - watch it. Episodes are only 20 mins a pop. Go crazy.

Anyone watch Spiral? French crime drama thing, bit Wirey and totally brilliant. Season 2 started on BBC4, well worth checking out on iplayer, no need to have watched s1. I'll give the first episode of s2 a 9

Also, im surprised about the lack of people who have watched Off the Hook. Pretty much The Inbetweeners only set in university (First ep is set in freshers week, which is topical for me) though not quite as funny, yet at least.

And I keep catching Veronica Mars on E4. Fun show that.

And I keep catching Veronica Mars on E4. Fun show that.

Except its butchered on E4. Its supposed to be 44 minutes without commercials and ends up 40 with commercials. Like I was watching an episode the other day (quite possibly 'I Am God', I forget) and twice someone was talking, cut to a reaction shot of someone else and then back to the first person who is suddenly joint by someone else.

Umm Gossip Girl 3.01

Don't really care for Serena's story (doesn't make much sense to me but too lazy to spoiler cut so I'll not say anything) and everything else could lead to something I suppose.

Although I've been saying they should use Matt & Kim all summer and they did. Go team me.

Except its butchered on E4. Its supposed to be 44 minutes without commercials and ends up 40 with commercials. Like I was watching an episode the other day (quite possibly 'I Am God', I forget) and twice someone was talking, cut to a reaction shot of someone else and then back to the first person who is suddenly joint by someone else.

Umm Gossip Girl 3.01

Don't really care for Serena's story (doesn't make much sense to me but too lazy to spoiler cut so I'll not say anything) and everything else could lead to something I suppose.

Although I've been saying they should use Matt & Kim all summer and they did. Go team me.

Haha fair enough... Id probably buy a boxset if I wasn't a poor student.

And crumbs I had no idea Gossip Girl had restarted already. Downloading will be my top priority when I regain my mac...

Anybody watching Masterchef? Yes, I know this is a bit different from the shows being discussed, but I just love it. I hate reality shows, but this is more of a classic competition programme, with its origins harking back to decades ago. I also like the fact they've replaced the loud, rather annoying judge with a Michelin star chef (whose name I forget), he's been on the show before and adds an element of class to the proceedings. Always makes me hungry this show. 8/10

I'm also looking forward to the second season of Merlin beginning this Saturday evening! :D I never watched it last year, but when Doctor Who stopped being repeated on BBC THREE recently I had to have something to fill the iPlayer void on my new Virgin box and Merlin it was (I'd give season one 9/10)... and I wasn't disappointed at all. When watched as a full series instead of an occasional episode it's absolutely brilliant, with great characters and a superb cast who help you feel like you "know" and care about the characters within an episode or two - which is very quick for a new series. It's also very funny and just when you think it's going down a cliched route it shifts to something unexpected. It's also doing very well, being sold to over 180 channels worldwide and it's the first BBC show to be shown on a major American network in 30 years! (NBC). Not too shabby. I'm not advertising, I just think it's very very good, and a lot better than Robin Hood, which started off very well but it's final year left a lot to be desired.

Shooting Stars

It was pretty good this week, it was missing the "Handbags", but other than that all good stuff to be fair.

I'll give this weeks a 7/10

I kinda hate how Masterchef makes out that YOU WILL DIE IF THIS DOESN'T WORK. And I hate when people are far too big for their boots, like Michelle La Roux or whatever his name is.

I love that woman though, just replacing John Torrode for the sake of being great.

I like it, but it pisses me off a bit too.

Masterchef was good. My mum makes a pie like that salmon dish. It's delicious.

Watched last night's double bill on iPlayer (I'm addicted to that thing, can't wait for the Wii-specific one!) and really enjoyed it, I wonder if Michel Roux Jnr is the permanent second judge now of if it's just because this is the series for professional chefs, really enjoying this run. 8/10

I kinda hate how Masterchef makes out that YOU WILL DIE IF THIS DOESN'T WORK. And I hate when people are far too big for their boots, like Michelle La Roux or whatever his name is.

I love that woman though, just replacing John Torrode for the sake of being great.

I like it, but it pisses me off a bit too.

Ironiocally, that's why I like Michel Roux Jnr, he seems very down to earth and just a great lover of food. But he's worked hard to get where he is and with the winner possibly going to work for him I'm not surprised he has exacting standards. The judge they've replaced was always the shouty one, the one who made you think your testicles would be cut off and served with lettuce and tomatos if you dared get something wrong. I'm not sure if you've watched the new run, but I find it a lot more relaxing than before and for the first time I'm going to watch the entire series. (Also makes me want to try new food. Anyone ever tried rabbit...?)

Shooting Stars

It was pretty good this week, it was missing the "Handbags", but other than that all good stuff to be fair.

I'll give this weeks a 7/10

Have to say I was disappointed by Shooting Stars' return. I remember watching it religiously at Friday tea-times when I was a teenager and I found the repeated jokes and scenarios hilarious week-after-week. It did get stale though after a few seasons and I was disappointed with the first episode of the new series as it just didn't live up to the expectations of those early episodes of the original run, not for me anyway. 4/10

Edited by NintendWho

Community - Pilot

Hmm okay. I think more of an "all at once session" type of comedy. The lead is like a poor-man's Will Arnett, and the British guy had a really weird voice which I couldn't place where in Britain he's supposed to come from (its semi-Toffish but not quite) but apparently the actor comes from Birmingham. Ay nuh be brummie. But at least it has Chevy Chase, who doesn't like Chevy Chase?

Supernatural s05e02: Good God, Y'all

So some of my predictions from the previous episode came true, what with the red-mustang and all. What was oddest about this episode was that Riley Finn from Buffy season 4 had a line-less role. Poor guy.

So mustang-driver (his name for now, to avoid spoilers) got his introductory episode, and I'm sure we'll see more of him and his three brothers (though we've already met one, though more of a 'sister'...) as the season progresses. But as a contained episode I think they were very quick and very blunt about the actual 'topic matter' they were covering, and really most things were done by-the-numbers, but hopefully some more regular characters are founded with this. The end of the episode was pretty much a repeat of the previous episode's ending, so I do wonder how long they'll last this time.

not technically a TV show as such but Dr Horrible's Sing-along Blog was one of the best things I've seen this year (yes I know I'm way behind the times). Neil Patrick Harris, Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day = winz!

Casulty.

It's not finished, but the episode that's on in the background is like a very bad british version of Scrubs.

The Office (Season 6, Episode 1)

Piss funny.

"Parkor!!! Hardcore parkor!!"

"How long have you known you're pregnant? A week? A month? A year?!"

9/10 Great season opener.

Someone (Ashley) tell me/show me when everything starts. I know Heroes is this week, and Simpsons is about two weeks (season opener is written by and starring Seth Rogen) but what about everything else? What new stuff should I be watching (gonna try Flash Forlolward) xxx

Someone (Ashley) tell me/show me when everything starts. I know Heroes is this week, and Simpsons is about two weeks (season opener is written by and starring Seth Rogen) but what about everything else? What new stuff should I be watching (gonna try Flash Forlolward) xxx

American 09 Premiere Dates

Tuesday, September 8:

90210, 8 p.m. (The CW)

Melrose Place, 9 p.m. (The CW)

Sons of Anarchy, 10 p.m. (FX)

Wednesday, September 9:

America’s Next Top Model, 8 p.m. (The CW)

Glee, 9 p.m. (Fox)

So You Think You Can Dance, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Thursday, September 10:

Supernatural, 9 p.m. (The CW)

The Vampire Diaries, 8 p.m. (The CW)

Saturday, September 12:

America’s Most Wanted, 9 p.m. (Fox)

Cops, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Monday, September 14:

Eddie Griffin: Going for Broke, 10 p.m. (VH1)

Gossip Girl, 9 p.m. (The CW)

The Jay Leno Show, 10 p.m. (NBC)

Lincoln Heights, 8 p.m. (ABC Family)

One Tree Hill, 8 p.m. (The CW)

Tuesday, September 15:

The Biggest Loser, 8 p.m. (NBC)

Wednesday, September 16:

The Beautiful Life, 9 p.m. (The CW)

Launch My Line, 10 p.m. (Bravo)

Thursday, September 17:

Bones, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Community, 9:30 p.m. (NBC)

Fringe, 9 p.m. (Fox)

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, 10 p.m. (FX)

The Office, 9 p.m. (NBC)

Parks and Recreation, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)

Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday, 8 p.m. (NBC)

Survivor: Samoa, 8 p.m. (CBS)

Friday, September 18:

Brothers, 9 p.m. (Fox)

Crash, 10 p.m. (Starz)

Sunday, September 20:

Bored to Death, 9:30 p.m. (HBO)

Curb Your Enthusiasm, 9 p.m. (HBO)

Monday, September 21:

Accidentally on Purpose, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)

The Big Bang Theory, 9:30 p.m. (CBS)

Castle, 10 p.m. (ABC)

CSI: Miami, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Dancing with the Stars, 8 p.m. (ABC)

Heroes, 8 p.m. (NBC)

House, 8 p.m. (Fox)

How I Met Your Mother, 8 p.m. (CBS)

Two and a Half Men, 9 p.m. (CBS)

Tuesday, September 22:

The Forgotten, 10 p.m. (ABC)

The Good Wife, 10 p.m. (CBS)

NCIS, 8 p.m. (CBS)

NCIS: Los Angeles, 9 p.m. (CBS)

Wednesday, September 23:

Cougar Town, 9:30 p.m. (ABC)

Criminal Minds, 9 p.m. (CBS)

CSI: NY, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Eastwick, 10 p.m. (ABC)

Gary Unmarried, 8:30 p.m. (CBS)

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, 9 p.m. (NBC)

Mercy, 8 p.m. (NBC)

Modern Family, 9 p.m. (ABC)

The New Adventures of Old Christine, 8 p.m. (CBS)

Thursday, September 24:

CSI, 9 p.m. (CBS)

Flash Forward, 8 p.m. (ABC)

Grey’s Anatomy, 9 p.m. (ABC)

The Mentalist, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Friday, September 25:

Dollhouse, 9 p.m. (Fox)

Ghost Whisperer, 8 p.m. (CBS)

Law & Order, 8 p.m. (NBC)

Medium, 9 p.m. (CBS)

Numb3rs, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Smallville, 8 p.m. (The CW)

Saturday, September 26:

48 Hours Mystery, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Saturday Night Live, 11:30 p.m. (NBC)

Sunday, September 27:

60 Minutes, 7 p.m. (CBS)

The Amazing Race, 8 p.m. (CBS)

American Dad, 9:30 p.m. (Fox)

Brothers & Sisters, 10 p.m. (ABC)

Californication, 10 p.m. (Showtime)

The Cleveland Show, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)

Cold Case, 10 p.m. (CBS)

Desperate Housewives, 9 p.m. (ABC)

Dexter, 9 p.m. (Showtime)

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)

Family Guy, 9 p.m. (Fox)

The Simpsons, 8 p.m. (Fox)

Monday, September 28:

Lie to Me, 9 p.m. (Fox)

Trauma, 9 p.m. (NBC)

Wednesday, September 30:

Hank, 8 p.m. (ABC)

The Middle, 9 p.m. (ABC)

Thursday, October 1:

Private Practice, 10 p.m. (ABC)

Friday, October 2:

Stargate Universe, 9 p.m. (Syfy)

Til Death, 8:30 p.m. (Fox)

Sunday, October 4:

America’s Funniest Home Videos, 7 p.m. (ABC)

The Next Iron Chef, 9 p.m. (Food)

Three Rivers, 9 p.m. (CBS)

Monday, October 5:

Sherri, 7 p.m. (Lifetime)

Tuesday, October 6:

Scare Tactics (Syfy)

Wednesday, October 7:

Secret Girlfriend, 10:30 p.m. (Comedy Central)

South Park, 10 p.m. (Comedy Central)

Friday, October 9:

Sanctuary, 10 p.m. (Syfy)

Ugly Betty, 8 p.m. (ABC)

Wizards of Waverly Place, 8 p.m. (Disney)

Thursday, October 15:

30 Rock, 9:30 p.m. (NBC)

Friday, October 16:

Supernanny, 8 p.m. (ABC)

Friday, October 23:

Southland, 9 p.m. (NBC)

White Collar, 10 p.m. (USA)

Wednesday, October 28:

Friday Night Lights, 9 p.m. (DirecTV)

Monday, November 2:

I Want to Work for Diddy, TBD (VH1)

Tuesday, November 3:

V, 8 p.m. (ABC)

Saturday, November 7:

The Wanda Sykes Show, 11 p.m. (Fox)

There ya go ReZzy baby.

Surely I should also get thanked for that :p

Ungrateful bastard who doesn't look any hotter with Megan Fox's breasts!