NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Chuck

Warhawk

Yeah defo, we should all do Skype for chat. Everybody crystal clear as voice chat is abit shit in Warhawk.

I'll have to reinstall Skype then, mmm... Wireless 360 headset with Crossfire for me! :)

Anyone fancy setting up a game on this tonight... Im still new to it and could do with a few nice people to "learn" with ^^

I vote we should make a big game this week. I want to blow you all up with my awsome mine skills.

Is this available on the PSstore? I got a bluetooth headset with my last phone and it works fine if not uncomfortable.

Just wondering how much it was on the store if it was.

Is this available on the PSstore? I got a bluetooth headset with my last phone and it works fine if not uncomfortable.

Just wondering how much it was on the store if it was.

Yeh it's avalible on the store for £19.99. Quite hard to get the knack of but once you start learning all is good :)

Good to know. Hopefully joining in this weekend then.

A big hopefully.

I got this today. Fantastic multiplayer, much better than Halo 3 online (which I have played a fair bit of). One thing though - driving the planes seems absolutely mental. I got over 'swirling around aimlessly' once I realised that you are just meant to only move the sticks if you plan to go up or down...still really hard though. I managed to work out how to evade missiles though...right stick.

But yeh, I'd like to play some people here, even though I'm a bit crap. Anyone up for a game?

I got this today. Fantastic multiplayer, much better than Halo 3 online (which I have played a fair bit of). One thing though - driving the planes seems absolutely mental. I got over 'swirling around aimlessly' once I realised that you are just meant to only move the sticks if you plan to go up or down...still really hard though. I managed to work out how to evade missiles though...right stick.

But yeh, I'd like to play some people here, even though I'm a bit crap. Anyone up for a game?

Use chaff for evading missiles. The white sprinkles.

I am up for play tommorow. Yeah you can use any bluetooth mobilephone headset for PS3.

The problem is, switching to them quickly when concentrating on firing missiles can be hard. Any good tips to always evade missile lock ons the natural way?

Real Menâ„¢ use Pro Flight. However, if you don't fall into the latter category then flailing about on the right stick should break missile locks; do loops whilst barrel rolling for maximum annoyance.

Personally I much prefer Pro as it feels more controlled plus it allows you to fly upside down and other such tomfoolery, but in general it's harder to lose an enemy's bead as you can't rely on the canned manoeuvres on the right stick. As such chaff is your best friend, and flying underneath bridges and between buildings becomes a useful skill to master.

Ah.

First impressions. SD doesnt look good.

Controls are really annoying. I want the right way when I'm in hover mode and in flight mode I want the up and down inverted.

We need a good big team game.

Lets arrange a meeting. I got the new map btw its very cool. :smile: The jeep is alot of fun int his on the bridges since air cant disrupt you much.

Is it too late to come to this as a new player? Thinking of getting but some online games can be near impossible to get into after people have been playing for months.

All the official servers have rank requirements which should mean new players won't end up against those who've clocked hundreds of hours on the game. However, there isn't a tutorial and you will die a lot to begin with.

My advice to beginners would be to set up a local offline game so that you can get the hang of the controls and a feel for some of the maps instead of jumping straight into a real match. Knowing where weapons are can be a huge advantage, and it's quite hard to learn to fly if you're constantly being shot at.

When you are ready to go online I'd suggest getting in on the official 32-player servers — SCE servers have blue names. It might seem odd to start with the biggest map layouts, but my rationale is that the more players there are the easier it is for you to go and do your own thing.

Some other quick tips: When you die the camera will zoom in on your killer; this can be very useful for avoiding snipers. Learn to listen out for the sound of mines, and if needs be bounce a grenade around corners to clear places out of your line of sight. The knife — down on the d-pad — is an instant kill; it also makes you harder to track on your enemies' radar.

All the official servers have rank requirements which should mean new players won't end up against those who've clocked hundreds of hours on the game. However, there isn't a tutorial and you will die a lot to begin with.

My advice to beginners would be to set up a local offline game so that you can get the hang of the controls and a feel for some of the maps instead of jumping straight into a real match. Knowing where weapons are can be a huge advantage, and it's quite hard to learn to fly if you're constantly being shot at.

When you are ready to go online I'd suggest getting in on the official 32-player servers — SCE servers have blue names. It might seem odd to start with the biggest map layouts, but my rationale is that the more players there are the easier it is for you to go and do your own thing.

Some other quick tips: When you die the camera will zoom in on your killer; this can be very useful for avoiding snipers. Learn to listen out for the sound of mines, and if needs be bounce a grenade around corners to clear places out of your line of sight. The knife — down on the d-pad — is an instant kill; it also makes you harder to track on your enemies' radar.

thanks thats a real good little right up. I've been playing Team Fortress alot but its quite limited with few maps and fixed match types...so can myself getting something else for online play and all of my PS3 friends always seem to be playing Warhawk at some time or another...

I look forward to some forum games when I get this, hopefully by Wednesday!

Sign in to follow this