NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Daft

Trackmania Wii (& DS)

This is a video of the DS version but this is also coming to the Wii!

Building tacks, swapping and racing them over Wi-Fi?! Yes please!! :heh:

I've found several news stories about this but all of them seem unsure whether it's actually been announced, though the DS version appears to be real. Have you got a link?

I've found several news stories about this but all of them seem unsure whether it's actually been announced, though the DS version appears to be real. Have you got a link?

Kotaku seemed pretty definite.

http://kotaku.com/336503/trackmania-coming-to-wii-ds

....Might be wrong though...I'd be surprised if it wasn't coming to the Wii though, especially since it is selling at a phenomenal rate.

Kotaku's sources only say DS.

Yeah that's what I was thinking... Nowhere else seems to mention a Wii version and the press release apparently didn't even come from the official site.

Sorry....I guess I just got a bit too excited....if there isn't a Wii version I will be annoyed.

The prospect of Wii/DS link up has me salivating at the mouth.

I'm wondering why too, considering it's so popular on the PC.

I've not played any of the Trackmania games, but if I did (and I'm tempted) it would be the PC version.

I'm wondering why too, considering it's so popular on the PC.

I've not played any of the Trackmania games, but if I did (and I'm tempted) it would be the PC version.

If you haven't played it then it's definitely worth trying.

http://www.trackmanianations.com

That's the link to there free version of the game, it's more cut down than usual if I remember correctly but it's online mode is great. With some great downloadable tracks.

If this game comes out on either system I'll probably get it, my favorite mode is the puzzle mode :yay:

Yer the PC version is really, really good - nations is awesome! It would actually work really well on the Wii, especially since Smash is going to pave the way for small downloadable content which TM tracks fit in to.

This game looks awesome! Im 1 cup from completing excite bots, so this shall be a good game to fill the racing void that I shall have in my life.

Played the first TrackMania on the PC. It was really cool but you couldn't race any AI competition making it basically a time trail game offline. I hope they changed it meanwhile otherwise there's always online.

Played the first TrackMania on the PC. It was really cool but you couldn't race any AI competition making it basically a time trail game offline. I hope they changed it meanwhile otherwise there's always online.

I have the DS one and whilst there are other cars there with you, they are just ghosts, meaning the game is just a glorified time trial challenge. I imagine the Wii one will be the same.

This is looking very good indeed. icon14.gif

I also had Trackmania Nations on the PC for a while. Creating tracks and online play was seriously addictive.

Any idea when this is due to be released?

I would have been amazingly excited by this, having started this thread and all, but ModNation Racers has taken my interest.

I would have been amazingly excited by this, having started this thread and all, but ModNation Racers has taken my interest.
Yeah, there really is no comparison!

But at least I supose the Wii is getting something. ::shrug:

Read this via Diane's Twitter:

Where would a TrackMania game be without a track editor? Check out the trailer below for the track editor on Wii.

The incredible Track Editor, distinctive brand of TrackMania, allows you to create your own tracks very easily and intuitively with the Wiimote. Thanks to more than 1000 spectacular building blocks, let your creativity run free and build the craziest tracks! Then share your best creations with your friends and challenge them in real time, thanks to Nintendo Wi-Fi connection!

http://www.girlgamersuk.com/2010/04/trackmania-wii-editor/

Making your own tracks is always good but I found it pretty difficult to persevere through on Trackmania DS.

This has a Micro Machines feel to it, which makes me very interested.

I've got a soft spot for track editors/creators.

Sign in to follow this