NEurope
Coolness Bears

I have the hiccups!

Ok i have the hiccups and want to know your weird and sensible suggestions of getting rid of them! :heh:

How do you usually get rid of hiccups? :)

Hold your breath for an amount of time you deem necessary to not end in death.

Alternative get someone to scare you...but it's 5 past 1 so the first option.

drink a pint of water without stopping, slowly.

Oh, and PAIN. Pain works. Prolongued pain.

You know that this is really weird. I haven't had the actual hiccups in ages. But I get a random hiccup or two every couple of days.

Sometimes I hiccup and don't get another one untill 6 hours later when another appears. It's weird :heh:

Hold your breath.

Or take a long walk off a short cliff...I'd rather you did the first. :p

Hold your breath.

Or take a long walk off a short cliff...I'd rather you did the first. :p

Aww thanks! :D

i have tried your second option before it HURTS! :heh: and doesn't work :shakehead

I shall try all your options at once! :o

In an attempt to form some sort of crazy hiccup experiment, as a combination of the whole lot might be the key to getting rid of the hiccups faster. :grin:

Hold your breath for an amount of time you deem necessary to not end in death.

You can't actually die from holding your breath - you just pass out and start breathing again.

Anyway, I find the best way to get rid of hiccups is to drink a cold glass of water slowly and surely but without stopping.

Gah this does my head in... i never get a string of hiccups i just get the one... more than once a day!

What you need to do is close your eyes AND hold your breath at the same time. When you feel yourself gasping for air or starting to..well..cease to live, that is when you open your eyes. And continue breathing.

I do it all the time, works for me. I haven't died once, yet.

BOO!

Did I scare you?

I heard it works?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

*breaths heavily*

that terrified me! :heh:

*hiccup*

didn't work though, unfortunately! I've tried the shock one before but it has never worked! :)

You can't actually die from holding your breath - you just pass out and start breathing again.

Anyway, I find the best way to get rid of hiccups is to drink a cold glass of water slowly and surely but without stopping.

You never know. One day, lack of oxygen to the brain resulting in a trigger being flipped and your body just doesn't know how to breath without other means.

You never know. smileysmileyzt1.jpg

How about going for the extreme. Holding your breath while drinking a glass of water?

I usually get rid of them by taking a sip or usual drink of water/other liquid. I never understood why other people have to do all this crazy stuff to get rid of them.

Hold your breath, sit upside down, have someone BOO you, and pour water in your mouth.

If it goes right, you lose your hiccups.

If it goes wrong...well....you die. But dead people can't hiccup! WIN/WIN! :heh:

Sometimes I get hiccups because I was laughing too intensely, and sometimes I get it randomly. All the above tips never worked for me, I just wait for it to go away.

Drinking a glass of water from the other side has worked for me a few times. Or just lots of water in general (like everyone keeps saying)

You don't have to hold your breath the whole time, just when your about to hiccup. The trick is to cut them off.