NEurope
not_so_tiny

Wii, I hardly knew you!

You never guess what. I wake up this morning at 7, the door to my room is open, I think 'odd', i get up and go to the kitchen and find the back door open, now I'm a little bit worried, I look around the kitchen, everything is still there, same with my room. I go into the living room, the light is off but I can see my TV, my guitars, I turn on the light and there's a small empty space where my Wii used to be. The console is gone, the games are gone, the controllers are gone, the sensor bar...is still there, but yeah, someone came into my house just to steal a Wii. It's absolutely crazy, I don't know whether this is what people are resulting to because you can't get them in the shops, or because you can sell one for a huge price but this is how 'Nintendo not meeting the demand' has effected me.

Joke topic?

If not, why would they leave everything else? Why was your bedroom door open?

Not a joke topic, it actually happened. I reckon they looked in my room and saw I was sleeping so they didn't come in.

That sucks. Phone the police. Doesn't sound like they broke and entered though.

The police and everything has been sorted, I think it's absolutely crazy that they came in seemingly just for the Wii, i mean I had guitars worth a lot in the living room and they were left.

Thats fucking stupid.

Jeeze, some people.

I'll change the thread topic to "Wii, I hardly knew you." Rather than its current.

Cheers, that's exactly what I was typing before the thread set itself up.

But yeah, I'm still in shock, it's just mental, i can't get my head around it. They also got my Gamecube Memory cards, with my Smash Bros Melee save with everything and like thousands of hours of playing. Sigh.

I hate thieving scum!!! :(

Sorry to hear it... good luck with your insurance!

But yeah, I'm still in shock, it's just mental, i can't get my head around it. They also got my Gamecube Memory cards, with my Smash Bros Melee save with everything and like thousands of hours of playing. Sigh.

That'd be the worst thing for me. I always panick when I think I've lost my GC memory card. Sorry to hear about this, and hope it all gets recovered.

I don't think they\he\she broke into your home just to steal your Wii, but they\he\she probably thought it was the best they could do. I mean, despite the fact you have expensive guitars, they are not easy to carry and hide, while a tiny Wii is just perfect, not to mention they probably know about the shortages causing the Wii to be sold for thousands of dollars. I, for one, would be glad if someone just took my Wii and left my guitars alone. My living room and bedroom are littered with a bass guitar, 2 acoustic guitars, a 12-stringed acoustic guitar and an electric guitar (and a really old keyboard no sane thief would bother stealing...), now imagine if someone took all that! Still, this sucks. Really does. I live in a violent city, and while no one ever broke into my house, I was robbed on the streets many times. And do you know what sucks even more than people breaking into your home and stealing your games? It's when, like what happened to my little cousin a few years ago, they break into your home, steal your N64, then break in AGAIN in the same week and steal the N64 you had just borrowed from a friend the day before...:(

On the bright side, at least you can buy a decent console now like a 360! :DJOKES!!! Seriously though, thats awful. Hope they find the thieves or you at least get some money of insurance or something. It seems insane that someone would steal just a Wii, infact it seems insane that thief in someones house would only ever steal one item (and one so small!) but there you go. My condolensces to you =(.

thats very sad. watch fight club and feel happy that you have a chance to truely let go.

Wouldn't it be good if there was a way that Nintendo could 'deactivate' a Wii if you gave them your console number? A bit like when you have a phone stolen, the companies can block it based on the IMEI number.

Obviously, it wouldn't work if the stolen console never attached to the internet.

But really sorry to hear about this. Christmas seems to bring out the scum bags. I hope whoever took it get's their comeuppance.

but that wii console will be sold to the highest bidder on ebay or cex... so little spoilt johnny will get his wii for christmas. so it ends a happy story.

That'd be the worst thing for me. I always panick when I think I've lost my GC memory card. Sorry to hear about this, and hope it all gets recovered.

I hope you get it back, but as Mike said, the biggest loss when something like that happens is your data, that stuff is priceless.

i know how you feel and yeah they sometimes leave somethings that are even worth more (like they did with me) if you all remembered what happened to me 3 years ago and they stole the complete game collection of mine. (totally worth of 15000,- euro) unfortionaly the insurance dint cover it all (even after the insurance guy told me i was safe)

I really hope you will get your money back and please be carefully they might come back (as they also did with me (luckily nothing stolen only the front door was really broken)

my hard goes out to you!

This is crazy. Maybe you should contact Nintendo with your story... you never know, see what they say.

I would be devastated if that happened to me.

Funnily enough, my brother said not to leave my Wii near the window just the other day and joked that it'd be stolen.

my hard goes out to you!

Tee hee hee.

How ridiculous is it that you'd panic because of your save files?

It's a game... nothing else. And besides, you'll always know how much you put into it, so...

Wow...Really pathetic, But atleast its just the Wii. Imagine if the Wii wasn't around they would have surely taken much more, plus the star on top of your christmas tree or worst; your life...Take this as an opportunity to get your security up a notch.

How ridiculous is it that you'd panic because of your save files?

If you are saying that, you definitely never had the displeasure of having your 50+ hours Xenogears save file erased by your stupid little cousin! It's not ridiculous, it's outrageous!!!

Unbelievable what people will do for a Wii. So sorry to hear that not_so_tiny. At least they left most of your stuff though. It could've been a lot worse

I'm sorry to hear that mate.

I'm surprised that my Wii wasn't stolen the other day. :/ Mine's in clear view from the living room window, under the TV. Interestingly, the thieves that decided to have a look for ways into my house went for next door and stole their Wii instead.