NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Phube

My rant at Nintendo!!!

Tt has come to my attention that Nintendo (or someone else) has really cocked up this Christmas. No I'm not talking about the console and the inability to make enough, there are plenty of reasons why a complicated bit of kit can't be manufactured at will.

What I'm moaning about is their (or a 3rd parties) inability to produce enough games for the UK!! It's ridiculous; Super Mario Galaxy has been sold out since it came out, you can't get LEGO Star Wars for love nor money, Link's Crossbow Training may as well not have been released!!

I mean once you've got the code it's just a matter of printing the discs!! As many as you can. Now either they didn't produce enough... or they have distributed them really badly around Europe!

Please can we get this mess sorted!!!!

I don't think they produced enough, it should have performed far better than how it first did.

Nintendo produce the discs for all companies, including third parties, and they're not able to currently make enough to cope with the demand. There was an article a few months about it, there's simply more games then Nintendo can make discs for.

It's a weird thought, compared to the GameCube days anyway. Still, hopefully Nintendo will address it in time, hmm.

Nintendo produce the discs for all companies, including third parties, and they're not able to currently make enough to cope with the demand. There was an article a few months about it, there's simply more games then Nintendo can make discs for.

It's a weird thought, compared to the GameCube days anyway. Still, hopefully Nintendo will address it in time, hmm.

Thats why Nights, MOH:H2, Ghost Squad, Zak and Wiki and many more were delayed!

Nothing too do with anything else, other then that couldn't make them and delayed them till 08. Which helps NOE now as they won't bother releasing Wii Fit, Mario Kart or Brawl to after May 2008, unlike USA's grand line-up!

Thats why Nights, MOH:H2, Ghost Squad, Zak and Wiki and many more were delayed!

Nothing too do with anything else, other then that couldn't make them and delayed them till 08. Which helps NOE now as they won't bother releasing Wii Fit, Mario Kart or Brawl to after May 2008, unlike USA's grand line-up!

That could be why, although I can't see the third parties being happy to delay their game past the Christmas software rush because Nintendo arn't making enough discs. I'd put it more down to the fact localization and PAL conversion just weren't finished in time, most of the games you listed are being released pretty late in the US.

Yeah, it's bloody impossible to find Links Crossbow anywhere. I'm gonna just buy it on ebay in the new year sometime. Really disappointing.

arent nintendo discs just standard dvds? I mean, they could use standard manufacturing equipment ... therefore it is mad they dont have enough capacity. Especillay as demand will only grow.

Saw lego star wars today in stock at my local Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and the blockbuster next to Morrisons. But hey maybe it means people in Milton Keynes don't like Lego, star wars or both.

I have found there are a hell of a lot of games out of stock at TESCO, I rang every store in Leeds and only ASDA had Mario Galaxy and that as because they're jerks who don't sell it in the factory seal!

Lego Star Wars is very hard to get hold of, however there are still plenty of gems, Super Paper Mario and RE: UC available. I think we should just smile that Nintendo stuff is selling so well, I'd hate it if the Wii was in the position the PS3 is.

I'm just happy that Nintendo is doing well, even if it means I have to call every store in town (which my bird did for me while she was bored at work ha!)

The last time I couldn't find a game I wanted for a Nintendo platform was when Goldeneye came out all those years ago. It might have been annoying at the time, but I look back on it fondly.

arent nintendo discs just standard dvds? I mean, they could use standard manufacturing equipment ... therefore it is mad they dont have enough capacity. Especillay as demand will only grow.

I heard that they either spin the other way or the laser reads them differently some how. Cuts down on pirating???

You can find games if you look for them and most likely the traditional game shops like Game and Gamestation will have them. For example Metroid Prime 3 cannot be found anywhere except in them shops.

Tesco stock is always sold out because they are cheaper. Most chart games are around £30. And when they get sold out, the staff takes time putting the items back on the shelf. They prob actually have stock but just not put out yet. Also, when I bought Galaxy from there, the disc was out of the case (don't like).

Sign in to follow this