N-Europe

welsh_gamer

Why do you guys buy loads of games you aren't going to play for ages? You might as well wait for it to come down in price?

I'm a few months behind on games I want which is good because when I come to buy them they'll hopefully have gone down a bit in price/pre-owned version will be available!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys buy loads of games you aren't going to play for ages? You might as well wait for it to come down in price?

I'm a few months behind on games I want which is good because when I come to buy them they'll hopefully have gone down a bit in price/pre-owned version will be available!

That's the only reason I picked up skyrim cos there is no guarentee it will be so cheap in january. Other things like Xenoblade Chronicles picked up because of limited print run. Also part of me thinks if I don't pick them up I never will...

What's the difference between the ps3 and 360 versions?

Both have their issues to be fair and the idea that the PS3 has a bad port is unfair. Its a game that seems way ahead of today's (console) hardware and probably best played on a decent home computer.

Dazzybee, Eurogamer has a good article on the PS3 issue - worth a read if you're interested in Skyrim.

Personally, as much as I really want Skyrim I am not willing to buy it in its present state. If (and it seems an 'if' rather than 'when') Bethesda are able to completely rectify the various problems across all platforms then I will buy. As it stands, I am not buying a faulty game on the promise it might be fixed after some guesswork patching.