NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Resident Evil 4 - :)

RE: UC was way, way too hard. I never got past the Snake boss in the RE1 levels.

Not only that, but your cursor just felt "slow" and enemies took too many hits before they would actually die.

RE: UC was way, way too hard. I never got past the Snake boss in the RE1 levels.

Not only that, but your cursor just felt "slow" and enemies took too many hits before they would actually die.

Agreed.

It just didnt have that pick up and have a quick blast feel to it.

If UC was a light-gun game like that, then why bother even making it based on the Resident Evil series. The games are nothing like that. It's meant to be a survival horror series. If enemies popped up every few seconds, then you lose that feel and it just becomes another action game.

From what I played, I thought they managed to nail UC pretty spot on. It was faithful to the original games, whilst bringing something new. I'm relieved it didn't just turn into an all-out gun fight.

If UC was a light-gun game like that, then why bother even making it based on the Resident Evil series.

For me I dont see why they bothered with UC at all. They have tried multiple times to branch out the R Evil series, from R Evil Survivor to R Evil Outbreak and each time they have tried they have been poorly recieved. If they wanted to retell cetain parts of the game and tie up loose ends they should have just made UC using the same gameplay elements and graphical style as R Evil. I think thats what everyone expected when the game got first announced anyway.

For me I dont see why they bothered with UC at all. They have tried multiple times to branch out the R Evil series, from R Evil Survivor to R Evil Outbreak and each time they have tried they have been poorly recieved. If they wanted to retell cetain parts of the game and tie up loose ends they should have just made UC using the same gameplay elements and graphical style as R Evil. I think thats what everyone expected when the game got first announced anyway.

I think they tried to tie up the loose ends in a way that would also make good use of the Wii's controls. The first idea that sprung to mind, I guess, would be a lightgun-esque game. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition was pretty damn good control wise, but with the Wii edition of that and a light-gun game, there's a little more variety there.

I bet they originally planned to bundle RE4 Wii and REUC. (just like mercenaries feels like a complete game)... but then they got greedy. Anyway hopefully this greed will make them bring RE5 to the wii

I enjoyed what I played of it, and most people here who played it enjoyed it as well. It's not Resident Evil 4, but it was never trying or going to be.

I'd be surprised if most people here said that they enjoyed it more than RE4 (Wii, Gamecube, or PS2 versions ...heck, let's throw in the PC version too). But you're right about it never trying to be RE4, or in other words, Capcom weren't intending it to even approach the quality of said game, is one of the biggest problems with UC.

In that respect, it IS a steaming pile of crap by comparison.

If UC was a light-gun game like that, then why bother even making it based on the Resident Evil series. The games are nothing like that. It's meant to be a survival horror series. If enemies popped up every few seconds, then you lose that feel and it just becomes another action game.

From what I played, I thought they managed to nail UC pretty spot on. It was faithful to the original games, whilst bringing something new. I'm relieved it didn't just turn into an all-out gun fight.

I agree totally, there was also a bit of strategy involved in UC and i'm glad it wasn't a Bang Bang, complete the game in 20 minutes type game as i think there will be quite a few of them on the Wii during it's lifetime.

I'm glad they tried something different and i enjoy playing it though i completed it. I also love Resi4 and hope we see a similar game on Wii.

I agree too. Appart from cutting parts out (and never even including Barry) this games pretty good.

I don't get how people can think the cursor's slow; it's a nice speed. I haven't played any of the "new" levels, as I've yet to unlock them, but I think the enemies take a decent amount of hits, and it's still about survival too as you have to watch your ammo.

By the way; the best way to play UC is with Zapper Settings, without the Zapper

Is it me or is Separate Ways (Ada's full story) a lot harder than Lean's adventure on normal. I mean, the amount of enemies that pore into your view is ridiculous and so is the amount of damage you take, Plus enemies are ALOT more accurate. Axe and bow gun guys were the bane of this game for me. You even get stuck in a cage with the wolverine guy again but your weapons are weaker this time! Why do this to me?!

Anyways seeing as i eventually saw that mode off im now playing pro mode with the second special costume and what fun it is! Even though it's harder than Separate ways thanks to the shitty pistol you start off with, even though i was shouting profanites as yet another villager caught me with a flying axe, I was having fun. Died in the village first time round though and that was even before Dr. Salvador pops up. But did it again with a better strategy and surprisingly it worked. My aim was all over the place thanks to nerves but because I was holed up in a house with the shotty and only one way to enter the house, it didn't really matter how I aimed as long as I caught them. So much fun this game is again, although I dread how I am gonna do the later sections.

Is it me or is Separate Ways (Ada's full story) a lot harder than Lean's adventure on normal. I mean, the amount of enemies that pore into your view is ridiculous and so is the amount of damage you take, Plus enemies are ALOT more accurate. Axe and bow gun guys were the bane of this game for me. You even get stuck in a cage with the wolverine guy again but your weapons are weaker this time! Why do this to me?!

Anyways seeing as i eventually saw that mode off im now playing pro mode with the second special costume and what fun it is! Even though it's harder than Separate ways thanks to the shitty pistol you start off with, even though i was shouting profanites as yet another villager caught me with a flying axe, I was having fun. Died in the village first time round though and that was even before Dr. Salvador pops up. But did it again with a better strategy and surprisingly it worked. My aim was all over the place thanks to nerves but because I was holed up in a house with the shotty and only one way to enter the house, it didn't really matter how I aimed as long as I caught them. So much fun this game is again, although I dread how I am gonna do the later sections.

Have fun with the Right Hand man. That was the scariest part cause he wouldnt effin go down! Ran away in the end, probs what most people do. Thing is, the cutscenes before it where you get first person view of him made me crap myself. Then when its coming at you and you have a meter of space... Infinite launcher ftw.

You even get stuck in a cage with the wolverine guy again but your weapons are weaker this time! Why do this to me?!
How many times!! The cage fight is a piece of piss!

Just immediately turn round and get the door off it's hinges and get out! Then fight everyone!

How many times!! The cage fight is a piece of piss!

Just immediately turn round and get the door off it's hinges and get out! Then fight everyone!

Im conservist so I try to get out of that cage with the cheapest possible solution. Now though i just chuck a grenade, it kills the zealots, injures wolverine guy and gets the lock off. Shame I keep running into the little one-way corridor.

Anyways Ashley in an armour suit ftw! She is impervious to harm! In fact, she is a new strategy device. Place her properly and the zealots will just let you take pot shots as they fail to pick her up because she is too heavy. Even the parasites that burst out can't hurt her. Also when you play as her, go into the menu to see her do different poses which are blatantly inspired by her choice of clothing. Super Ashley I call her now.

This is a big bump, but its for a good cause.

Ok, I must have set some kind of record, because I've had this game for ages and still not finished it!

I just haven't had the time. Basically, I moved the big telly downstairs into the living room of my house because I wanted others to enjoy it, and its better than the crappy one we have downstairs.

And, I only enjoyed playing this game on that particular television, because it just gives off the right atmosphere. :heh:

The telly is always being used, so that means...very little Wii time voor me.

I'm only on Act 5 - 1.

Motivate me, guys. :(

I learned in another thread that RE4 will be easy if you need it to be... so just mess about with it, play it turn about with other people for some laughs and scares and you will get through it one way or another!

(Outside of Umbrella Chronicles I don't care for Resi games, so feel free not to take my advice...)

You need motivation to play resi 4 !!!

Also it's a great game for people to watch while your playing.

I'll break your skull?

The games has some brilliant level and art design- which gets gets better and getter as you progress. Seriously, get moving.

Ok, I must have set some kind of record, because I've had this game for ages and still not finished it!

I just haven't had the time. Basically, I moved the big telly downstairs into the living room of my house because I wanted others to enjoy it, and its better than the crappy one we have downstairs.

And, I only enjoyed playing this game on that particular television, because it just gives off the right atmosphere. :heh:

I'm only on Act 5 - 1.

Chapter 5-1? Wow you're in for one HELL of a time. THe island is absolutely incredible! The action never lets go and the Island bosses are the best in the game :D

Some of it's actually terrifying, some of it just amazingggg.

OH! And make sure you find the infra red scope cos without it...:heh:

How dare you!... need motivation to play it... you even use a Resi sig!

Start the game again and give it the playthrough it deserves!

Chapter 5-1? Wow you're in for one HELL of a time. THe island is absolutely incredible! The action never lets go and the Island bosses are the best in the game :D
Which is 5-1, is that past furnace man and bodybag? if not ho-ho... look out for them!... LOVE it!! Edited by Retro_Link

^ the two bits you mentioned there Retro are reason enough for you to play on Flinky. Seriously, those two bits are both 'scary' and awesome.

I'm only on Act 5 - 1.

You need motivation?

Think it like this.... Your near Mike and the helicopter scene

Fucking badass

In my opinion this the last generation's best game.

The irony is that the bump of this thread brings me even more sadness for not having RE5 for Wii...:red:

I'm only on Act 5 - 1.

What the hell is wrong with you?

lol, I'm loving all our responses to this!

Still have the GC version, but this threads making me want to snap up the Wii Edition of the game and play it through all over again!

Ya know....even my Dad has beat RE4....he did it about 9 times in a row for some odd reason.