NEurope
AshMat

Duke Nukem Forever!

So, are people actually going to buy this? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my fair share of Duke in the past but I've got this weird impression of 'Forever of being the game that, having spent so long in limbo, will be something we all found much more interesting unreleased.

I think I'm going to get it. Maybe not on release but at some point eventually. It's the greatest piece of vaporware so far and will see a release against a lot of odds; that's something that should find its way into my collection.

Besides I'm still a big fan of these 80's action heroes and the Duke fits right into that.

Haha, awesome. Looking really good. Who would've thought this would ever really see the light of day...

Was having a look for a release date for this and stumbled upon something interesting. Apparently Gearbox aren't just finishing Duke Nukem Forever, they've actually purchased the Duke Nukem IP and are now the sole owners of the franchise! Can only mean good things for the game really, and hopefully further Duke games in the future.

Game is out sometime next year btw.

That demo looks kick-ass. I thought Duke Nukem Forever was the HD version of Sadness, guess I was wrong. :D

Latest Electronic Gaming Monthly (Feb 2011) is out, and Randy Pitchford had this to say:

"The game is absolutely coming in 2011 and in late January or early February we're going to be peeling back the next layer of the game, so to speak. And that will make a lot more things clear not just about the game itself, but about its launch."

Get ready! :grin:

The DNF official forum's community manager was invited to a meeting with Gearbox a few days ago.

I was asked to come up today for a meeting. I wonder what it's about. Anyone have any ideas? ;)

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=116126

Hmmm, maybe there'll be news soon? Rumours are saying that it'll release around may 4th/6th.*

*Still clinging on to hope

6TH MAY 2011!!!!

Says May the 3rd on the email I got about it, but yeah, going to be awesome, love the Duke.

Man oh man I'm glad they chose Gearbox to release this shit. They knew exactly what they needed to do as far as press and hype was concerned. Even if the game is awful it'll still live on in infamy.

Hail to the King indeed!

Ok, it seems all these years of development did not go to waste after all...despite what the game will be like, at least they managed to produce a trailer that was pretty darn amusing :D

I probably won't buy this on day one. But it'll be interesting seeing what people have to say about it on release. I think possibly the space for this game has been taken up by Bulletstorm which I know I'm super excited about.

Agreed. Very much a shooter in the mould of....well, Duke Nukem 3D, I suppose. It all looks quite funny and well produced but the shooter has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years that I'm not very excited by that idea much at all.

I'm conflicted - I am massively in favour of taking the FPS genre back to a modernised world of massive guns and even more massive aliens, but I don't think this will be the game to do that. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Agreed. Very much a shooter in the mould of....well, Duke Nukem 3D, I suppose. It all looks quite funny and well produced but the shooter has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years that I'm not very excited by that idea much at all.

Doesn't part of you want to return to the ways of old?

fps-map-design-then-and-now-10705-1289245688-26.jpg

Hahaha.

It's funny, really. That image is hard to argue with but if you take Halo for an example, the nuts and bolts gunplay is so, so much better than the likes of Doom that linear levels don't matter- what matters is the freedom and experimentation available in each individual firefight.

DNF seems, from the trailer, to be all about massive badshits being taken down with lots and lots of bullets. Probably fun (hallo, Serious Sam) but not exactly cutting edge.