NEurope
Dante

Resident Evil: Degeneration

looks good, great CGI maybe not as good as Spirits Within but probably better than AC. Of course that depends on the style.

Hmm, kind of looks like fmv from a game, and we're back to shuffling zombies again? Still anythings better than what we had before.

Fucking awesome!

This is how the RE movies should have been done in the first place! For one thing, they're actually using the proper characters within context. That already makes it ten times better than Hollywood's crappy take on the RE series. Plus Capcom have some control over it, so that's even more of a good sign. Although I do hope that the plot is decent, I also wonder if it'll end up being canon...

Cooool... but.. also-- lame script? Leon S Kennedy? Who introduces themself like that! Die Hard 2 meets Dawn of the Dead?

Well I really, really want to love it... but it doesn't look awesome yet :(

It looks pretty good at the moment.

Script does sound a bit meh, yeah. :(

Leon looks badass. Can't wait for this! There better be lots of one liners in this one! Saddler, you're small-time!

You know, it's actually amazing how the RE5 graphics look pretty much the same as the CGI in this movie.

Hmm, tbh I would've preferred this to be a game. Perhaps with the gameplay/graphics of Resi 4 and released on the Wii rather than a film with ropey animation.

Posted my thoughts in the Resi 5 thread where the video's also posted, so I'll copy and paste them:

Looks alright, though the scenario would have made for a great game! t'is a shame!

And hang on, it's a year after Resi 4 and yet the T-Virus is back?!

I actually think the 'human' enemies of Resi 4/5 could have made this better, have 'em fricking legging it at them on mass like 28 days later/or Left 4 Dead!

Actually after seeing Left 4 Dead, it's somewhere the Resi series could have really gone and really kept alot of it's scare factor.

The 'human' enemies of 4/5 en mass, with crimson head speed, in a blacked out Airport [and then obviously on to a few other areas], would have been awesome!

Looking forward to seeing more of this though! Leon and Claire are great!

0_o i hear Steve Blum...must...buy....now!!

the movie looks awesome in my opinion. It'll be nice to actually see a movie that has a grip on the games plot.

It definitely looks better than I thought it would turn out. The random grunts and gasps towards of the trailer made me lol though.

Biohazard: Degeneration X is the first full-length CG animation feature based upon the Resident Evil series of games and films. It was announced by Capcom and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan on October 29, 2007. It is currently in production, with plans for a release in 2008.

The film will feature a "brand new storyline" set one year after RE4 and contains Leon (RE:2 & RE:4) and Claire (RE:2 & RE:CVX).

Fix'd... Suck it!! :P

But yeah, looking forward to this. I actually was kind satisfied with the 1st resident Evil movie, considering how dodgy game to film adaptions usually are. But CGs I think to a better job, like Advent Children... Even Final Fantasy Spirits Within was ok - would have been great if it had a good storyline.

I'm not sure if that trailer gave a release date or not, but it's out in Japan on December 30th.

I hope Wesker appears (and actually does something unlike in the 3rd live-action film) that would be awesome.

Also that BOW looked more like a Birkin-sytle G Virus monster, could be interesting

First 8 minutes of RE: Degeneration

A clip from IGN showing the first 8 minutes of Degeneration. Its split into two parts, the second part will play automatically after the first but you will have to put in your age because it involves zombies doing general zombie related things...like infecting people and stuff.

USA DVD release is the 30th of December this year and we will be getting a release on January 14th of 2009

After viewing those first 8 minutes I can safely say this 'film' will suck new born baby chimp balls.

After viewing those first 8 minutes I can safely say this 'film' will suck new born baby chimp balls.

Yeah. I doubt this will be any good - unless Salazar comes back to life to fight Leon at the end: "Meester Keeeennnnaaaadeeeeee!"

Haha totally, he's the best on-screen midget since mini-me.

Seriously though it was just like a cutscene from an early Resi title, terrible voice work n' all. Pretty much all the violence is offscreen and sticking with the shuffling undead is so 20th Century.