NEurope
chairdriver

Mafia Game #4 Thread - DIY Christmas Killing Spree

Go team. We almost lost it in the middle, after a series of unfortunate events. That night where jayseven blocked our hitman and Shino ended up targeting Tellyn and Maddog was crazy shit.

I asked to be either Krueger or Phoenix Wright. I thought Krueger would be a good idea to get lots of cheap kills, turned out that at the beginning of the game it was hard for me to kill anyone because everyone was so active, but it was cool that the mafia got to get two kills per night. Looking back at it, Phoenix Wright wouldn't have nearly been as fun to play as, despite his coolness.

Chairdriver's Notes and Comments on the Game

- I'm glad the mafia won, I thought I had made the town too strong. However, the mafia did have some pretty awesome powers (Plankton and Freddy, I'm looking at you).

- I'm dissapointed that several people didn't really participate. LazyBoy is excused, his shitty role was my fault. The town probably would have won if Maase and Sanchez had used their investigative powers.

- A couple rules were broken throughout the game, but I won't point fingers or shit. Just be careful to read the rules beforehand. There are rules for a reason.

- I'm pretty disappointed in this game on the whole. I felt many of the roles were unsatisfactory (that's my fault). I much prefered games #2 and 3. Perhaps next time I'll do a vanilla mafia game - they seem to be the most fun.

- It's way harder to do when you don't know who the fuck half the characters are! :p I was literally like "Who the fuck!?" when I read most the requests.

Sorry I let the town down, the game coincided with my completely away from internet holiday period began.

Also, I'm quite sad Paj Meen Ah had to go away on holdiay.

He had chosen an awesome pick - The American Doll Posse.

I was so looking forward to a character whose vote was worth 6 votes on the first day.

Sorry I let the town down, the game coincided with my completely away from internet holiday period began.

Lol don't feel bad about it or anything.

Mafia Leaderboard

3 wins - Mundi

2 wins - Cube

1 win - gaggle64, Shino, thunderer, Gizmo, Zell, Hellfire

You townies might have actually had a chance at winning if you hadn't killed me =P.

I was one of my favourite roles (:p)

Favourite roles:

- Scarlett O'Hara (I love - so random)

- Amelie (Again, random)

- chairdriver

- Brian Mcoy (I thought that was pretty fun - I'm surprised no-one guessed it was him)

- Sylar

- Tetris Blocks (just fun)

I was one of my favourite roles (:p)

Yeah, I figured you'd give yourself an awesome power, which is why I chose you.

[Cocky]What! I won! AGAIN!

And what´s this... the write up said i killed someone and yet someone else get´s lynched..... AGAIN! [Cocky)

You´ve been hit by! You´be struck by! A smooth criminal! *dances away*

I liked my character originality, I just wish I had been able to use my day power :(

ALL GLORY TO THE MAFIA.

We won, damn it!

Hey, chairdriver, how about this for an idea for the next mafia... Do one where people can choose who they are freely, as long as that somebody is a person from the forum other than yourself. :D Total role-reversal!!

Shorty

You are Superman, the Last Man of Tomorrow. You have the strength of a speeding locomotive, and scientist theorise that you can lift weights in excess of 600 quintillion tonnes. You can fly at Hypersonic speeds, flying so close to the speed of light that you can cause temporal discontinuities. You are impervious to all forms of harm, can melt steel with a single look and can pinpoint anyone on earth from outer space with your hyper-enhanced senses.

You can do that, on Earth-1 (aka our universe), but the problem is that this universe has no red sun to power you.

You are powerless, and will have to depend on your journalistic skills as Clark Kent.

During the day, you may PM me with the name of a player. You will interview this player, and the results of your interview will appear in the game thread.

You are good. You win when all threats to the town are destroyed.

I smelt a bit of power fishing here, so I teased him by building it up.

However, after Christmas had passed, Santa would grant him with his superpowers, and he'd become unkillable, and could protect people from death

Damnit :( I wasn't power fishing, he's my favourite fictional character! And Voldemort had to go and kill me on the first night. Without any proof that I was a good guy! He could've been killing his most powerful ally in the game! I get the feeling people go for me first because I am a red name and it makes them feel powerful to ruin the game for an admin ¬_¬ This game could've been awesomez, but for me it obviously plain sucked.

Shorty, out on day one, screwed from the start.

(and lol at someone being me, I'm flattered)

Edit: Here's what could've been handed out as a Superman role to avoid being too overpowered:

You are Superman, the Man of Tomorrow. Powered by the Earth's yellow sun, your Kryptonian biology gives you incredible strength and speed, as well as the power of flight, shooting fire from your eyes and freezing things with your breath.

However, as Earth's greatest Superhero, your greatest weakness is your humanity.

In this game, you will not be able to use your powers to kill. You will not be able to vote for anyone to die.

At night, you may PM me with a person to protect, that person will have a 3/4 chance of being protected for that night session (random roll).

I wouldn't mention that a "seemingly useless green rock" would be sold at some point during the game (kryptonite) and that perhaps if I failed to save more than 5 people, I would leave the game in grief :D

but I guess the problem is, you have to approach every character from what you read on wikipedia, and it can never be the same as what a fan would choose. Maybe we should've picked our powers, too... :heh:

Gizmo - Jeremy Clarkson

Also, I'm Clarkson guys. I'm not entirely sure why Chair paired me and Cerebus, I guess he was just being a bit ironic :p We were both pretty obscure characters with nobody to pair with I guess.

That was a fantastic move by Gizmo on the second day.

Some great roles, and I had a great first few days.

Shino caused a lot of problems, though.

[Cocky]What! I won! AGAIN!

And what´s this... the write up said i killed someone and yet someone else get´s lynched..... AGAIN! [Cocky)

You´ve been hit by! You´be struck by! A smooth criminal! *dances away*

I -knew- you were evil and was extremely pissed when Lazyboy got lynched instead. =(

Also, I don't get why I survived till the end? :wtf:

I thought it was pretty clear from the write-up that I was Amélie and killed Oxigen_Waste, after someone knew I had targeted him that night.

My powers never seemed to work!!!! Blast it!

I was so close to winning. What a stupid decision to not use my powers >_<

Ack, Comrades, you have failed me! All that and my sacrifice came to neit! How fat child say? "You guys go screw, I'm going back to the motherland!"

Sorry Guys i should have participated more! but when i got made part of the mafia i wanted to lay low. I should have used my powers more. :)

Also i did get confused as to what was going on half the time as well.... :wtf:

Even though i didn't want to be lynched! In a twisted way i kind of did to see what "bad" thing would happen. :D

Good Game!!! :grin:

These Mafia Folk are crafty...

We'll get you next time Mundi! *shakesfist* :heh:

Literally everyone trusted me, I was so annoyed when I died. Goddam dynamite jacket! And as I was Voldemort, as soon as nobody said my name I was screwed basically, and was just a hitman lol. Gizmo used me every night to kill cause I was otherwise useless! I was just so amazed that nobody targeted me or investigated me. So unlucky to have been killed, but I'm really glad the mafia won. When there were only four of us left I was sure that we were screwed, but luckily the only people left alive were the people that weren't posting very often, so nobody voted off the mafia. Gave us a chance to kill off people in the night until the mafia had a majority.

Great game guys!

Oh and chair, I can't forgive you for basically rendering my power redundant on the second day or something. People were saying Voldemort all over the place, then you hint that it's dangerous and that's one of my powers completely gone for the rest of the game! :( Why, man, WHY?! ;)

Damnit :( I wasn't power fishing, he's my favourite fictional character! And Voldemort had to go and kill me on the first night. Without any proof that I was a good guy! He could've been killing his most powerful ally in the game! I get the feeling people go for me first because I am a red name and it makes them feel powerful to ruin the game for an admin ¬_¬ This game could've been awesomez, but for me it obviously plain sucked.

Sorry, but that was the exact reason :indeed: On the first night obviously we have no idea who to target, so we just randomly went for an "intelligent" person. Since you were an admin we guessed you must have a bit of brains at least :p You should be flattered really!

That was a fantastic move by Gizmo on the second day.

It was amazing that nobody hounded me on it.

Literally everyone trusted me, I was so annoyed when I died. Goddam dynamite jacket! And as I was Voldemort, as soon as nobody said my name I was screwed basically, and was just a hitman lol. Gizmo used me every night to kill cause I was otherwise useless! I was just so amazed that nobody targeted me or investigated me. So unlucky to have been killed, but I'm really glad the mafia won. When there were only four of us left I was sure that we were screwed, but luckily the only people left alive were the people that weren't posting very often, so nobody voted off the mafia. Gave us a chance to kill off people in the night until the mafia had a majority.

You were our bitch, bitch.

Woah it's over now?

How long did this thing go on for?

Regular mafia game next time?

Firstly, VIVA LA MIGGIDY MAFIA!! We had a terrible opening few days, but once Christmas came it looks like people lost interest so the remaining mafiosos picked you's off admirably. Mwahahah.

Sorry, but that was the exact reason :indeed: On the first night obviously we have no idea who to target, so we just randomly went for an "intelligent" person. Since you were an admin we guessed you must have a bit of brains at least :p You should be flattered really!

Haha, obviously the mafia had no reason for targetting people at the beginning. We just picked targets at "random" however Short one, remember who you killed in the last mafia game do you eh!?

One other thing, what was up with Owario going all out against me? I genuinely never understood that, even though I was evil like, it was just outta the blue that he wanted my blood.

That was a decent game, I think a more normal approach to the next one would be nice. This one and the last one were a bit crazy, but I enjoyed the second one cos it seemed easier to imagine what was going on with there being normal characters in it.

Crap, we lost. I was hoping my power would let me see if someone was good or evil.

I got it right when I suspected Eenuh to be Amélie. Too bad that suspicion came when I died. I can't believe nobody knew who Amélie Poulain was.

Also, if Voldemort hadn't killed me that night, I would've dug up Eenuh's place, basically saving Oxygen_Waste by mistake. Or killing myself, whatever her power was.

Also, the game got boring near the end, despite starting well. Too bad for that.

Crap, we lost. I was hoping my power would let me see if someone was good or evil.

I got it right when I suspected Eenuh to be Amélie. Too bad that suspicion came when I died. I can't believe nobody knew who Amélie Poulain was.

Also, if Voldemort hadn't killed me that night, I would've dug up Eenuh's place, basically saving Oxygen_Waste by mistake. Or killing myself, whatever her power was.

Also, the game got boring near the end, despite starting well. Too bad for that.

My power changed every night (some were more useful than others, and they actually often failed). But that night I apparently got very angry cause of rokhed's death, so I was allowed to kill someone. And since I had investigated Oxigen_Waste right before that night and found out that he was not neutral and didn't have a passive power (he needed to target someone), I kinda concluded he might've been evil. And I didn't want to waste my power. ='3

Not sure if it would've killed you though if you had targeted me.

My power changed every night (some were more useful than others, and they actually often failed). But that night I apparently got very angry cause of rokhed's death, so I was allowed to kill someone. And since I had investigated Oxigen_Waste right before that night and found out that he was not neutral and didn't have a passive power (he needed to target someone), I kinda concluded he might've been evil. And I didn't want to waste my power. ='3

Not sure if it would've killed you though if you had targeted me.

You did well. I actually suspected O_W to be Voldemort's partner. Gladly, Voldemort killed me before I buried you, basically saving O_W.

On a side-note, I'm so glad Chairdriver let me use a great power from a really obscure videogame.