NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Baroque

The Battle Style is not the usual in RPG's, so i would hate this, i love the original concept :'(

It's a hack and slash dungeon crawler, there are all types of RPGs. However, it's a given that this game won't be for everyone

I never thought that this game would make it to Europe ... Especially it is more or less pretty fast coming out here - especially if I compare it to other games like e.g. Smash Bros. Brawl or Super Paper Mario.

4th July I think it is. £25 aswell, but some sites have it for £18. Was already gonna get this game, but for that price, there's no reason to say no.

Has anyone bought that game yet and if so: How was it?

I know it is no traditional RPG but a dungeon crawler but I am still interested in it but don't know if I should buy it or not...

Forgot about this. Is it out now? I know it's July sometime. If you've ever played a dungeon crawler or rogue game it might be worth a shot. But i've heard you just try to make your way to the bottom of a tower and see how many enemies you can kill before you die. I'm still kinda interested in it. It's only about £20 aswell.

Well: I thought it was out but regarding play.com it will get released on the 1st August but who knows...

Lol @ Shadow... you play Shiren so you are well versed in the roguelike genre!

I hadn't realised Baroque was out either, I'm not particularly in the mood for it right at the moment, but I might have a look out for it in some shops... and maybe buy it, lol.

August now? Damn delays. I think I orderd it for £17.99 a while back from shopto. Better check my order soon actually.

We're (finally) one week away from the game's European release.

Baroque is not the kind of game that will set the charts on fire, and the US reviews were mostly negative (it's more or less typical of the genre), but hopefully the budget price tag (I've seen it online between £17.99 and £19.99) will mean more people will give it a try.

I remember watching a friend of mine playing the Saturn (Japanese) release and thinking the game's "atmosphere" and overall setting was just plain weird... :laughing:

I'm looking forward to play the game and see what it's all about.

For those still undecided if the game's worth your time, here's an interesting article from Hardcore Gaming 101 about the several incarnations of the game, including this latest release:

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/sting/sting2.htm

A Japanese trailer (that shows gameplay and introduces some of the characters):

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/30711.html

And a few reviews (that show the wide range of opinions this game received):

http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2008/04/18/wii-fanboy-review-baroque/

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/baroque-wii/index.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870063p1.html

Very few people like genres like these rogue-like games since it really isn't for the faint hearted. You need to expect loads of beatings and to restart from scratch alot.

Yeah, I've read a fair few reviews of Baroque already, and whilst none of them were that amazing, its like Shadow says, its typical for roguelikes to get that kind of treatment from reviewers. I was gonna leave it and pick it up a bit down the line, but if I see it for £20 or that like you've pointed out Funktion, then it would surely need bought!

Its not like the standard roguelike games though as you can save on every level which makes things slightly easier and the game more accessible.

For those interested its £17.99 on Gameplay and Play.com

And does anyone know the REAL release date for baroque (PAL version)

The only thing i know is the USA version have ATLUS "allready released ,just as the japanese version

And the EU version have Rising Star Games

Its so terrible STUPID they say its already out "27th june" or "18th July"

other site's like wikipedia , gamefaqs move always the release date

It's been available for weeks already here in Finland, how come it hasn't been released over there yet? :o

Ah who knows. It was supposed to be out in July but constant little delays everywhere. Looks like it's this Friday though.

Its defo out... well, here anyway. £25 in store (Game) which ain't too bad and about £18 online (I had a look on both Play & Amazon) which is a very nice price too. I may have to indulge sooner rather than later!

I saw this and thought it looked cool, but what the hell is a roguelike? And I didn't like the idea of having to die to advance the story or the broken plot development and sense of just aimless not knowing what to do.

I'm surprised people are interested in this actually, I think it looks pretty awful. Is this just RPG desperation? Or does Baroque have some merits?

I know this doesn't matter greatly to most but the graphics are absolutely awful too which is quite often indicative of a lack of overall effort.

darksnowman's avatar and signature.

Ah, nice try but my av + sig are based on Etrian Odyssey which isn't a roguelike. :heh: