image_490.php.jpg

- £20 Price tag

- Tips for beginners

- Various levels of computer skill

- WFC Multiplayer

- Different themes

Out 18th January in Europe.

source

This game would be interesting....if it were on WiiWare for around 1000 (1500 Max) Wii Points.

You should be able to cast Miis as pieces.

This should be a free or downloadable 100 point channel.

Enuff said.

This should be a free or downloadable 100 point channel.

Enuff said.

If the in-game chess boards/pieces look like the ones on the box, then yes.

Thanks for the details. Up til now I haven't seen anything on this.

I'm a little tempted.

I suspect this game will attract a lot of the Brain Training market if it is seen on a shelf in store, hence why it is not a WiiWare title.

Looks shitty to me.

Wouldn't be cool if we had a Chess in 3D where they fight when they eat another pieces? And what about Miis in characters? AWESOME!!!

If the design is like the box, it will be a delusion :(

Wouldn't be cool if we had a Chess in 3D where they fight when they meet another pieces? And what about Miis in characters? AWESOME!!!

There was some form of fighting chess game on the Amiga. I remember playing that all the time. it was awesome. Wonder what it was called... *goes to google*

The last time I played chess in a videogame was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone on the PS1. That one part of the game seems to be more intuitive than this.

My dad is might actually buy this, he has never bought a game on my consoles just the pc, he's very good at chess though. And I mean very good, for goes on redhotpawn and he's one of the top ranks.

Chess should be kept to a wooden chess board and pieces, this is nothing more than fodder. Put it whatever options and extras you want, its all just gimmicks when you come down to it. If its included as part of a bigger game, fine, nice little addition. But as a stand alone videogame, I personally don’t see the point.

This should definately be a Wii Ware Title!:) I have a good enough Wifi Chess on 42ATC! :D

Agreed, this should definitely be WiiWare.

Chess should be kept to a wooden chess board and pieces, this is nothing more than fodder. Put it whatever options and extras you want, its all just gimmicks when you come down to it. If its included as part of a bigger game, fine, nice little addition. But as a stand alone videogame, I personally don’t see the point.

This, and any other chess computer, let's you play a game of chess when there's no-one in the house to play with. Unless by 'gimmick', you meant 'essential feature'.

If its not Wiiware then you don't have to worry about it using up any memory remaining on your Wii. I hope there are some decent features in this cos like Ash said, you can play it for free on your PC so even at £20 its gonna be hard to justify this being worth it.

It will be aimed at the "Touch Generations" of gamers Nintendo have created, and as with the likes of Endless Ocean its in that bracket of being an impulse buy for us self professed, high and mighty, hardcore gamers.

Images and Video now on Nintendo's website :-

Link

Look's very basic, as expected, and you use the button's on the Wii remote (held vertically) to move your pieces.

Anyone gonna pick this up then?

Images and Video now on Nintendo's website :-

Link

Look's very basic, as expected, and you use the button's on the Wii remote (held vertically) to move your pieces.

Anyone gonna pick this up then?

42ATC's Chess has more style and flair than that! :)I'm definately not getting it! :smile:

As this has only been announced for Europe...are NoE making this game? If so, it doesn't surprise me that it's basically 1/42 of a £19.99 DS game.

As this has only been announced for Europe...are NoE making this game? If so, it doesn't surprise me that it's basically 1/42 of a £19.99 DS game.

I'm sure if your a Chess fan then the price will attract a lot of buyers. But since I'm not really a Chess person and never got to grips with the rules I'II give it a miss. Some of the themes look a little basic as well, while others look a little classy. Wonder if there's a hiddden Nintendo/Mario style Chess Board??

can wiiare games go on-line though?

i mean let's face it wii discs themselves can barely do it:)

can wiiare games go on-line though?

Yes, they can. Haven't No Mercy and Dr. Mario been confirmed as online (not sure on the first - the second definitely has)

Sign in to follow this