NEurope
Dante

Spielberg's Boom Blox

I really want to try this, but I get the feeling I won't pay attention to it enough to justify a £50 purchase. I know that's kinda silly, and that it is good value, but I mean in terms of how much time I can actually put into it right now with exams etc.

It's not £50, isn't this a budget title?

I only went on one website to check the price and it's £29.99 on play.com.

You could prob find it marginally cheaper still.

got this today played for a good hour, liking it so far loads of fun, and the controls work very well,

i had a brief go on the create mde and its really fun, i made a house :) then i blew it up :) so many options you could make some masterpeice's with time,

29.99 from play :) worth every penny 8/10 from me

I really want to try this, but I get the feeling I won't pay attention to it enough to justify a £50 purchase. I know that's kinda silly, and that it is good value, but I mean in terms of how much time I can actually put into it right now with exams etc.

I think you're confusing it with IGN Voice Chat . Moaning it was too expensive at $50 (£25!!). Saying it should have been $30!!!

Oh to be a whiny Yank!!! :indeed:

I think you're confusing it with IGN Voice Chat . Moaning it was too expensive at $50 (£25!!). Saying it should have been $30!!!

if you look online and in shops its much harder to find a £50 price tag than a 29.99 34.99 or 39.99 tag,

You can't really just make a direct conversion though. When they say $50, they're comparing it to the fact it's the same full price as like the big Wii games like Galaxy, Prime, etc, when it has more of that "fun, novelty" appeal that you'd expect a game to have a slightly lower price tag for there.

For a game to be $50 for them "feels" like when a game is £39.99 for us, because you can't just make the direct rate conversion as it just doesn't work that way.

For a game to be $50 for them "feels" like when a game is £39.99 for us, because you can't just make the direct rate conversion as it just doesn't work that way.
T'is true!

It's still worth full price, it's very well done, everything is polished and has huge value. Unless "puzzle" games aren't your thing, it deserves a full price.

Well, it was a mistype :heh: Meant £40, which is the usual RRP for a Wii game isn't it?

If I find it for about £20 I'll bite, maybe a bit more than that depending how I feel at the time I see it:smile:

After watching a few gameplay videos and reviews it looks pretty fun. Might buy it when i have some extra cash.

I think I might buy this next month when my exams are over.

I've picked this up today and I've played it for about an hour (I'm on it right now).

I must say, I am absolutely loving this game!! It really is worth it, and I do agree with Hellfire. It's great, simple usage of the Wii-remote to go hand-in-hand with this physics system puzzler. It is (as people tend to say) a great "casual" (as loose as that term is) and core game alike. Simple and charming, and very addictive.

Review will be up soon, it's mostly praising, which I know won't go unnoticed because it doesn't have guns and isn't epic, but such games deserve it, as they're an example to the rest of developers.

Review up: http://n-europe.com/review.php?rid=372

:P

Me and theguyfromsparks played a bit of this today. Really like it, although we think there is a bit too much luck involved, but it's a very enjoyable game.

Went and bought it this morning, loving it so far, except those stupid laser ones. They're seriously rubbish.

anybody tried exchanging levels on wii connect? when i try to upload a stage sent by one of my wii friends the screen just freezes and blinks.. have left it like that for a minute but nothing seems to happen.. and i have to cut the power to reboot my wii

The love I feel for this game cannot be described. It's well worth getting even at full price. It's a lot of fun. With it I did something I haven't done in over ten years, played a videogame with my parents.

ahh got the stage downloaded.. was probably some server/ network problem

Hmm, I might get this, but is the Headtracking easteregg still in? I'd love to see that for myself..

Also there's a competition on the official Nintendo site, where EA's giving away Boom Blox prizes. I checked the Dutch site, but I assume it's for every country.

i'm sure it's a good game but did they REALLY expect this to sell well? Everything about the game screams fail where in actualy fact it passes with flying colours..

the name

the graphics

the fact that like zack and wiki if you don't play the game you have no idea what it's about

the price.

no advertising

the only thing going for it is that is has spielbergs name on it but well.......CMON!

The one thing I dislike in this game is the annoying amount of "stop the cat from getting eaten by a grim reaper" and stuff like that levels. They're just so blergh

I expected many more puzzles stored in the memory and not just those basic ones and ones I make myself

Oh, and the developer's (and third party in general) weird inability to have a full 480p game...damn black borders

Hehe, on the contrary, you're review was in integral part of the string of great reviews that led to my decision :P

It was just because I saw one review that discouraged single players from buying it, but then when I saw pretty much every other review contradict that notion (IGN, Kombo and N-E included), I decided to do the obvious and go with you guys.

Holay Smokesh!

Picked this up today and I've barely played it due to the fact my other half has been whittling down the hours on it. It's frickin' awesome-o!

I'd love to see a spin off on Wiiware...Just to persuade people that it's actually worth the full asking price.

Brilliant, brilliant title :D

Heh, my mate picked this up today instead of mario kart as it was sold out all over. Went round his and played it, its great fun :D I can see it getting abit dull though, in single player. Still, the multi is great