N-Europe

PaRappa the Rapper Creators Making Wii Exclusive Game

gaggle64

Majesco Entertainment, Masaya Matsuura and Rodney Alan Greenblat Partner to Create New Game Exclusively for the Wii System

- The Creators of 'PaRappa the Rapper' Return With Music-Based Video Game

Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: COOL), an innovative provider of video games for the mass market, today announced a partnership with legendary multimedia musician and game designer, Masaya Matsuura, and famed New York artist Rodney Alan Greenblat, to develop and publish an original music-based video game scheduled for release in late 2008. Creators of the highly acclaimed, best-selling PaRappa the Rapper series, Matsuura and Greenblat will bring their engaging gameplay and distinctive art style to the Wii home video game system for the first time.

"Masaya Matsuura and Rodney Alan Greenblat are industry visionaries whose legacy was built on crafting groundbreaking, genre-defining entertainment experiences that everyone can enjoy," said Jesse Sutton, Chief Executive Officer, Majesco. "We are incredibly excited to be working with talent of this caliber and believe our game shares the same broad mass market appeal as successful music-based products like Activision's Guitar Hero and MTV's Rock Band."

Adds Masaya Matsuura: "Majesco's publishing know-how and retail relationships allow us to stay focused on creating a game that is conceptually unique and, above all else, fun. Working with Rodney is a true creative collaboration."

"Matsuura-san and I share similar artistic perspectives so I welcomed the opportunity to re-team with him and NanaOn-Sha to produce a one-of-a-kind music game designed from the ground up for the Wii system," said Rodney Alan Greenblat.

A ground-up Parrapa game for Wii? Sweeet.

It's not a new Parappa The Rappa game, it's a new game from the creators.

Not that it matters, it's no doubt going to be epic once it hits release. This, Samba Di Amigo and Guitar Hero is a pretty lethal trio of Rhythm games.

I think we're finally starting to see the response of publishers now that the Wii has been a huge success.

Maybe Vib Ribbon 2 :yay:

Updated to work with MP3's on an SD card.

mojib ribbon for ps2 was essentially vib ribbon 2... and since it says they're doing something "one of a kind" and "from the ground up" i'd guess they'd be thinking of a whole new concept.. using mp3s from sd cards is a nice idea though, but cant the wii also run a cd? and perhaps they'd utilise the wii shop :smile: anyway, any rhythm game connected to nanaOn-sha is going to be great! too bad i traded my wii in... >__<

(oh - oh wait no - wont this game be out a million zillion years in japan befoe it makes its way over here...? oh, and isnt that.. where i'm going...? :wink: YATTA!)

Dont tell Bluey... she might explodedede!

.:blank: :blank:

........YATTA!! :yay:

Did Majesco do Vib?

Dont tell Bluey... she might explodedede!

Na was published by Sony, was developed by Masaya Matsuura and his team though.

mojib ribbon for ps2 was essentially vib ribbon 2... and since it says they're doing something "one of a kind" and "from the ground up" i'd guess they'd be thinking of a whole new concept.. using mp3s from sd cards is a nice idea though, but cant the wii also run a cd? and perhaps they'd utilise the wii shop :smile: anyway, any rhythm game connected to nanaOn-sha is going to be great! too bad i traded my wii in... >__<

(oh - oh wait no - wont this game be out a million zillion years in japan befoe it makes its way over here...? oh, and isnt that.. where i'm going...? :wink: YATTA!)

I never knew there was a sequel, then again I didn't own a PS2, did it get released over here?

The reason I mention MP3's is because I don't have any songs on CD's now-a-days, or even then really so MP3's would be my ideal situation.

Wait a damn second. Just looked up mojib ribbon on youtube and i remember seeing this in an issue of edge years ago and thinking that was one of the most interesting graphical styles that i'd ever seen (P.S. Why dont we have more of this kinda thinga yada yada yada...)

Strange, I knew all about this game a while ago.

Did some digging and it seems that mojib, never made it to europe or the states. Unlike Vib Ribbon which only made it to Japan and Europe, it's understandable though as mojib is very much centred around the japanese language, rather than the international language of music.