NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
stuwii

There needs to be two more first-person shooters on wii

Why on earth was Call of duty 4 not on wii? If there were just a few more fps on wii then it would be almost perfect, why are there so few on wii?

Why do you think? Because you cannot just port over a game to the Wii, you have to redo the entire control system. Companies are often going for the easy buck and it just doesn't make sense profit-wise to put the manpower into it.

But I agree, a couple more would be nice. Maybe Nintendo could try their own hand at it.

Two more? Ok well Call of duty is one on your list whats the other one???

Timesplitters 4 is coming to the Wii and lets not forget that Medal of Honour : Heroes is coming in February.

Thats 2 FPS games! you happy now?

Oh and I imagine Red Steel 2 will be out this year as well.

:heh:

A good FPS franchise is needed. It was the first thing anybody thought about when it was first shown "FPS will be awesome on that!"

Personally I'm hoping Free Radical bring out a FPS for it and Ubisoft bring out a Red Steel 2 now that they have had a year to get used to the hardware and iron out the kinks in the original.

Personally I'm hoping Free Radical bring out a FPS for it and Ubisoft bring out a Red Steel 2 now that they have had a year to get used to the hardware and iron out the kinks in the original.

Ahem did you not read my reply above? :shakehead

There is absolutly no chance COD4 would run on the Wii without being seriously downgraded.

There is absolutly no chance COD4 would run on the Wii without being seriously downgraded.

Obviously but FPS games written specifically for the Wii work a treat - well ok one does - Medal of Honour Heroes.

Timesplitters 4 and Red Steel 2 will, I imagine will be created specifically for the Wii.

Decent FPS games are coming, we'll just have to wait a little longer!

Ahem did you not read my reply above? :shakehead

lol no, when I replied it was only shorty who had commented.

We must just think on the same wavelength.

Two more? Ok well Call of duty is one on your list whats the other one???

Timesplitters 4 is coming to the Wii and lets not forget that Medal of Honour : Heroes is coming in February.

Thats 2 FPS games! you happy now?

Oh and I imagine Red Steel 2 will be out this year as well.

:heh:

Yes,yes I am. Thanks

Maybe Nintendo could try their own hand at it.

Yeah, didn't our good man Shigsy say that he coulda made Halo (ie a Halo type game) but he just didn't feel like it? Well, with the Wii out and the way Iwata touted it as being ideal for ye olde FPS' I think the time is ripe for them to step up to the plate and deliver. Especially with the Metroid series most probably on ice for a while, its the perfect time for them to get the ball rolling (though not the Morph Ball) with a new first person game... with shooting.

The old Rareware woulda thrived with the Wii, Perfect Dark would be immense.

There can never be enough FPS on a system. :D

The Wiimote obviously has the potential to lift them to the next level, as had the DS.

Still for some reason FPS are very scarce on said platforms. I think Nintendo at least did the first step with MP3:C to show how it's done and I hope other companies will built up on that.

The problem is though that most devs don't know how well FPS will fare sales wise due to Wii's more casual demographic. But I think the higher the sales numbers get the more FPS will come to Wii as well.

At least TS4 should satisfy our needs :)

i have medal of honou heroes 2 for wii, its excellent, controls are very very good, and i played it with the zapper, its the future of 1ps's control wise

Don't bank on TS4 kids, remember we know nothing about it - apart from, as it was revealed in a playstation magazine, its probably going to the PS3.

Obviously but FPS games written specifically for the Wii work a treat - well ok one does - Medal of Honour Heroes.

Timesplitters 4 and Red Steel 2 will, I imagine will be created specifically for the Wii.

Decent FPS games are coming, we'll just have to wait a little longer!

Medal of Honour Heroes isnt exactly great. The problem with Wii is it has an interesting but also lacking control system for fps. I can play much faster on a controller. The other big problem is that the Wii is very weak hardware wise, next gen fps design is simply out of the question. When you are comparing graphics and design to PSP games, you have a problem. Also online gaming is a big part of fps now. Wii just isnt a good match for fps games.

Actually MoH:H2 is really damn great, the controls are better than any other fps and the online works great

Actually MoH:H2 is really damn great, the controls are better than any other fps and the online works great

I know its not exactly a bad game and Ea try harder with online but after playing COD4 i dont thinkt he Wii hardware is up to the job. Its basically a last gen system for fps sadly.

Timesplitters 4 is gonna be on ps2 too though, and the Wii version will be made alongside that. Who knows if that'll hold the game back though. Red Steel 2 might be good though, and Call of Duty 5 will be out for Wii next Christmas. Activision are making the James Bond license into a yearly thing too, so I'd expect an FPS from that.

In all honesty though I aint too arsed, FPS's are generally crap nowadays and unless Wii gets something dramatically different and innovative I'll pass.

Yeah, didn't our good man Shigsy say that he coulda made Halo (ie a Halo type game) but he just didn't feel like it?

Haha, yes. It's about time he put his money where his ego is.

I'm sure that if Nintendo made an FPS, it would be unlike anything we've seen before. I couldn't see them making it gritty, violent or even realistic.

Dream scenario: Retro Studios manpower combined with Masahiro Sakurai's option-heavy approach to produce online FPS.

I'm sure that if Nintendo made an FPS, it would be unlike anything we've seen before. I couldn't see them making it gritty, violent or even realistic.

I would like to see them make a first party effort at Geist. It would be a fantastic game in the hands of some better developers.

I would like to see them make a first party effort at Geist. It would be a fantastic game in the hands of some better developers.

Yes, definitely. Geist promised so much and could have been superb.

If these two shooters are released, will the quota be fulfilled?

We need more than just two shooters. We need more racers, shooters, adventure games, everything.

Nobody said the Wii was a complete console.

Don't bank on TS4 kids, remember we know nothing about it - apart from, as it was revealed in a playstation magazine, its probably going to the PS3.

it's not going to the ps3 only in all fairness use your heads.

Months after months have Free R been hinting at a wii timesplitters. It's coming.

Actually, CoD 3 was released for the Wii.

All games have to be downgraded to run on Wii graphics wise.

I'm hoping that Retro will make a new FPS on the MP3 engine. Imagine the potential of that!

The Wii is lacking in two genres: racing and first person shooters. That's where Nintendo have to improve greatly.

it's not going to the ps3 only in all fairness use your heads.

Months after months have Free R been hinting at a wii timesplitters. It's coming.

It better be coming.

Tired of getting the short end of the stick.

Sign in to follow this