NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yeah, I downloaded it a while back, awesome game. Have since picked up the full version on disc (which ShopTo are currently selling for £20) so now have access to all of the characters/modes. It uses the same save file as the F2P version too, so my 5 or so hours progress on that carried over. icon14.gif

Ooh thanks for that link, very tempted to pick it up although I've got way too much to play at the moment - still got 4 gyms left in Pokémon, a significant chunk of GTA's story mode (not to mention online), a Professor Layton review to write, as well as all the freebies on Plus!

May be one I'll have to pick up for christmas - may be even cheaper by then too!

I can see. ;)

Incidentally, I noticed no GTA V on your game/trophy list. Have you got it on the XBox, or is it just not your cup of tea?

I found GTA IV to be very boring and this one looked like more of the same. I didn't care for San Andreas either. The last good GTA game I played was Vice City. I like Rockstars other offerings more, such as Red Dead and Bully. Man, they really need to make a Bully sequel. :(

Did you use that PS+ code I gave you yet?

I found GTA IV to be very boring and this one looked like more of the same. I didn't care for San Andreas either. The last good GTA game I played was Vice City. I like Rockstars other offerings more, such as Red Dead and Bully. Man, they really need to make a Bully sequel. :(
Yeah, Vice City was amazing. :love:

I never played IV (and only played San Andreas briefly) but the impression I get from those who have, is that V is a big improvement. It definitely gets my seal of approval too. :hehe: Hell, it's the game that made me buy a PS3 in the first place!

Did you use that PS+ code I gave you yet?
Not yet, no. Do they have to be used within a certain time frame?

Got too much going on as it is, so wouldn't be able to get into any of the free games at the moment anyway.

I also don't see myself using PS+ on a "permanent" basis, so I'm not really in any hurry to try it. :blank:

Got too much going on as it is, so wouldn't be able to get into any of the free games at the moment anyway.

I also don't see myself using PS+ on a "permanent" basis, so I'm not really in any hurry to try it. :blank:

I don't think then run out. The best bet would be to use it on a month when some of the free games interest you.

Anyway, I've got a question about Everybody's Golf (@Cookyman is no doubt the person to ask, judging by his sig :hehe:).

Pretty interested in checking this game out, but I see that there are 2 versions on the Playstation Store, they only differ in price by a quid but the cheaper one appears to be the Complete Edition and is a much bigger download. ::shrug:

Which is the better version? :hmm:

icon14.gif

Get the £11.99 Everybodys Golf not Everybodys Golf: World Tour this is the old version who's online servers are shutting down.

The Everybodys Golf version you'll get has some dlc e.g additional courses and characters + also club upgrades.

Its basically the Vita version ported to PS3 (I own both) it's absolutely fantastic and again despite singing it's praises nobody on here plays it.

I play the daily online tournament every day and would happily play you online.

If you liked Mario Golf you'll love this!

Check out the Everybody's Golf thread for more info Here!

Edited by Cookyman

Get the £11.99 Everybodys Golf not Everybodys Golf: World Tour this is the old version who's online servers are shutting down.
Nice one, cheers. :)

If you liked Mario Golf you'll love this!
Yeah, it instantly made me think of Mario Golf. And it turns out the Everybody's Golf series was originally developed by Camelot, so that'd be why. :grin:

Anyway, now that I know which version to go for I'll definitely be getting this at some point in the near future.

Fool! Use it now. I (very well) might be mistaken, but if you use it now you'll have access to Farcry 3 and then Metal Gear Rising after the change (and other good stuff).

Even if you don't play them now, at least you can use them if you resubscribe, which you certainly should.

I'm really starting to dig this whole trophy thing. Even though most of them are obtained for doing trivial/random stuff, it's still pretty cool collecting them. :cool:

I was checking your trophies last night and see that you're very close to getting the platinum on Dead or Alive. Are you gonna go for it?

I was checking your trophies last night and see that you're very close to getting the platinum on Dead or Alive. Are you gonna go for it?
I'll certainly give it a go, but I think the one for doing all the combos is a bit too tricky for me to get. :hmm:

So I'm now trying that one in reverse to see if I can do the most complicated combos first, save myself the aggravation of doing all the simple ones and then getting stuck with just the last few. :heh:

If only that trophy was for taking pervy pictures in spectator mode instead, I'd have completed it ages ago! :laughing:

I'll certainly give it a go, but I think the one for doing all the combos is a bit too tricky for me to get. :hmm:

So I'm now trying that one in reverse to see if I can do the most complicated combos first, save myself the aggravation of doing all the simple ones and then getting stuck with just the last few. :heh:

If only that trophy was for taking pervy pictures in spectator mode instead, I'd have completed it ages ago! :laughing:

THIS thread may help, providing it's the trophy you're after.

THIS thread may help, providing it's the trophy you're after.
Yeah, that's the one. :grin:

Been playing as Kasumi, got most of the initial ones done, but that last combo (

) is ridiculous. :o

Don't think my reflexes are sharp enough for that kind of thing anymore...

Cheers for that link though, good to see the timings on that vid. icon14.gif I'll keep trying. :smile:

It's Extra Life 2013 time guys. On November 2nd I will playing games for 25 hours please help me raise money FOR THE KIDS!!!!

I will be taking $5 for requests on Yoostar 2.

I will perform your chosen scene during the marathon and send it to Youtube as well along with a mention of thanks for the sponsor! Here is a link that contains a list of available scenes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoostar#Yoostar_2

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=45197

is the place to go with your money.

@RedShell how goes Everybodys Golf? How are you enjoying your PS3 in general so far? Every time i'm on my Vita I see you playing on your PS3, so you must be having fun. :D

@RedShell how goes Everybodys Golf? How are you enjoying your PS3 in general so far? Every time i'm on my Vita I see you playing on your PS3, so you must be having fun. :D
Yeah, I've been loving it. :grin: Wish I got one sooner.

Probably won't be on it as much as I have been recently, now that Nintendo are finally starting to get their shit together with Wii U. But it's great having it available to fill all of those annoying gaps in Nintendo's schedule. ;)

Will also be keeping a very close eye on the PS4, and depending on how things pan out with Wii U, will likely be adding one of those to my set-up at some point as well. :)

Yeah, I've been loving it. :grin: Wish I got one sooner.

Probably won't be on it as much as I have been recently, now that Nintendo are finally starting to get their shit together with Wii U. But it's great having it available to fill all of those annoying gaps in Nintendo's schedule. ;)

Will also be keeping a very close eye on the PS4, and depending on how things pan out with Wii U, will likely be adding one of those to my set-up at some point as well. :)

You'll be surprised. Next thing you know you're designing banners for S-Europe :p:D

You'll be surprised. Next thing you know you're designing banners for S-Europe :p:D
That'd be a neat trick, seeing I haven't designed any banners for N-Europe for about 2 years now. ;)

I'm always tempted by that game, but when I downloaded the trail a while back I found the controls so clumsy! It felt really floaty and kinda clunky.

I just don't know.

PS+ stuff for next month.

Entering PS Plus:

29th November: RESOGUN

29th November: Contrast

27th November: Grid 2

27th November: Guacamelee! (Cross Buy)

27th November: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

27th November: Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories

It will be nice having a portable version of Sonic Transformed, and Guacamelee! and GRID 2 sound good. It's odd that we get such a random PSP game, but overall I can't complain.

Edit: The 12-month Vita games (Gravity Rush and Uncharted) will not be changed for the "foreseeable future".

Edited by Cube