NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Played Dragon's Dogma today. Before it was on Plus, I didn't even know it existed..Coincidentally, I saw it in a store a few days later costing more than a year's worth of PS+. Only played the first couple of hours, but it sounds great. Like a WRPG meets God of War. Playing as a sexy chick with her lesbian sidekick isn't bad either :p

It's really a great game. Probably my fave of last year, and typically capcom are not going to make a follow up - idiots. Even sold better than they expected and with ZERO marketing.

Anyways if you add myself on PSN if you haven't already, I have a pretty high level pawn whom knows alot about quests and monsters and can give you only tips, no spoilers, on how to tackle them and you get them for free. Will save you Rift credits too from hiring other pawns and earn myself rift credits which are really needed for the dark arisen expansion.

@Ferine has a pawn too I think called Arya who is much lower level, but pretty fun.

It's really a great game. Probably my fave of last year.

Quoted for truth, I absolutely loved the game although I also couldn't help feeling that I ended up getting trolled by Capcom :blush:

I initially completed it on the 360 but after I switched platforms it was one of the first games that I re-acquired for the PS3. Shortly after that, Capcom announced the expansion so I had to buy the game yet again a year later, only for it to appear on PS+ a few months after that :shakehead. Any other game and I'd have been really annoyed but for this one, I didn't mind too much. That said, the PS3 playthrough has been criminally neglected due to time constraints and an extensive backlog.

Quoted for truth, I absolutely loved the game although I also couldn't help feeling that I ended up getting trolled by Capcom :blush:

I initially completed it on the 360 but after I switched platforms it was one of the first games that I re-acquired for the PS3. Shortly after that, Capcom announced the expansion so I had to buy the game yet again a year later, only for it to appear on PS+ a few months after that :shakehead. Any other game and I'd have been really annoyed but for this one, I didn't mind too much. That said, the PS3 playthrough has been criminally neglected due to time constraints and an extensive backlog.

Capcom have been masters of trolling their customers this generation. They have also made so many missteps, its no wonder they are having financial troubles. That only makes me even sadder though as they make the games I have the most fun with, buy they may not even last the duration of the ps4 and xbone's lifetime.

That only makes me even sadder though as they make the games I have the most fun with

Yep, feel the same which is why I tend to tolerate some of their questionable practises *remembers buying up the Asura's Wrath DLC :red:*

Incoming PS+ stuff.

Leaving PS+:

23. October: Far Cry 3

23. October: Mafia 2

23. October: Spec Ops The Line

23. October: Street Fighter X Tekken

23. October: Touch My Katamari

Coming to PS+

23. October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

23. October: Remember Me

23. October: Oddworld Stranger's Wrath

23. October: MotorStorm RC

I'm well happy with getting MGR:R. I've been toying with buying that for a while now.

23. October: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

23. October: Remember Me

Two games I've been interested in, but haven't bought. Awesome month.

Suweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Any reason why the games change on the third week of the month instead of the start?

Bought Remember Me like a month ago. Good game but I haven't finished it yet(but close, there's a spesific section I'm stuck at)

Never played any MGS game before and don't have any interest in it, but I always give all plus games a go.

Haven't Oddworld and Motorstorm been on plus before? I have played Oddworld, unless this a different game? I think Motorstorm was there when I first signed up.

I will add Metal Gear Rising to my ever-growing list of Metal Gear games to play at some unspecified point in the future. I was also hoping that Remember Me would be a PS+ game. It's exactly the kind of game I'd like to check out, but don't want to buy.

Boring month for the Vita, though. I already played Stranger's Wrath when the PS3 version was on PS+ last year.

Not that I really need more games to play...

Contemplated Remember Me the other day (inasmuch as I picked it up in CEX and thought "oh yeah, this exists"), so I'm happy!

Very happy with the PS3 choices for November. I was going to pick up Remember Me at some point and wouldn't mind playing Metal Gear Rising.

It looks like the PS3 titles will remain at two per month:

From this month PlayStation Plus membership users will be given access to two PlayStation 3 titles. The PS Vita monthly updates are remaining the same and members will have access to two new PS Vita titles every month. Good news is that with the impeding launch of PS4, the great news for PS Plus members is that existing membership automatically covers PS4 as well as PS3 and PS Vita, so watch this space!

It's really a great game. Probably my fave of last year, and typically capcom are not going to make a follow up - idiots. Even sold better than they expected and with ZERO marketing.

Anyways if you add myself on PSN if you haven't already, I have a pretty high level pawn whom knows alot about quests and monsters and can give you only tips, no spoilers, on how to tackle them and you get them for free. Will save you Rift credits too from hiring other pawns and earn myself rift credits which are really needed for the dark arisen expansion.

@Ferine has a pawn too I think called Arya who is much lower level, but pretty fun.

What's the name of your pawn? I have added you, will he simply show up in the rift?

What's the name of your pawn? I have added you, will he simply show up in the rift?

Ah yeah my pawn's name is Stefani. I think it may show up or you can search for her or you can search for pawns by friends.

Ah yeah my pawn's name is Stefani. I think it may show up or you can search for her or you can search for pawns by friends.

For some reason I'm unable to access anything that is friend or online related in the rift. Why is that? GF couldn't help me there so I guess there's something I'm not getting.

For some reason I'm unable to access anything that is friend or online related in the rift. Why is that? GF couldn't help me there so I guess there's something I'm not getting.

I am not sure. What stage of the game are you at? Maybe you have to make further progress as IIRC, right at the start, you only get access to your own pawn and a specific other one.

I am not sure. What stage of the game are you at? Maybe you have to make further progress as IIRC, right at the start, you only get access to your own pawn and a specific other one.

I'm at the first city. Just got defeated by the oversized worm pack at the bottom of the dungeon.

I'm at the first city. Just got defeated by the oversized worm pack at the bottom of the dungeon.

Hmmm, you may wanna go through the options to make sure you have all the online stuff enabled but sounds to me like you have just come across the hydra and are getting to the point where you can get more pawns. Heh, your adventure has only just begun...

This game feels overwhelming and not overwhelming at the same time :p

Edited by Tales

I'm really starting to dig this whole trophy thing. Even though most of them are obtained for doing trivial/random stuff, it's still pretty cool collecting them. :cool:

Anyway, I've got a question about Everybody's Golf (@Cookyman is no doubt the person to ask, judging by his sig :hehe:).

Pretty interested in checking this game out, but I see that there are 2 versions on the Playstation Store, they only differ in price by a quid but the cheaper one appears to be the Complete Edition and is a much bigger download. ::shrug:

Which is the better version? :hmm:

Has anyone downloaded the free version of Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate? It's pretty good for a freebie. You don't get the story mode or trophies, and you only have six characters to choose from, but apart from that, you can do everything: VS, arcade, survival, time trial, tag matches, training and online fights. I'd recommend giving it a go :)
Yeah, I downloaded it a while back, awesome game. Have since picked up the full version on disc (which ShopTo are currently selling for £20) so now have access to all of the characters/modes. It uses the same save file as the F2P version too, so my 5 or so hours progress on that carried over. icon14.gif

I'm really starting to dig this whole trophy thing. Even though most of them are obtained for doing trivial/random stuff, it's still pretty cool collecting them. :cool:

Yeah, I love them. They can really give a game a little more life and they can get you to play very differently to what your used to. :D

Yeah, I love them.
I can see. ;)

Incidentally, I noticed no GTA V on your game/trophy list. Have you got it on the XBox, or is it just not your cup of tea?