NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

So that youtube video I posted above.....I tried it and it worked!!!! I will post a video of my results at some point! So no idea how long it will last before it breaks again!

copied important saves onto plus cloud thing now backing up whole thing onto external hard drive....gonna take 2 hours.

I'm on my fourth PS3.

Ouch! Well i'm on my second one, also on my second wii and my third 360 (although only one has 360 broke, i sold my first to get the ps3 originally).

EDIT: I remember a friend of mine's ps3 breaking a few months ago, the yellow light killed his...

Edited by Mike1988uk

Ouch! Well i'm on my second one, also on my second wii and my third 360 (although only one has 360 broke, i sold my first to get the 360 originally).

EDIT: I remember a friend of mine's ps3 breaking a few months ago, the yellow light killed his...

Yah on my 3rd Wii with my PS3 now seemingly on the way out....I don't expect this hairdryer trick to keep it running forever....I have a video to put up on youtube of the "repairing"

You can actually proof your old style PS3 against the YLOD issue by installing some copper shims, although I'm afraid it's a preventative procedure; if you're already afflicted it's too late.

If I were you, flameboy, I'd trade my machine in towards a slim whilst it's still ostensibly working. There's still just over 6 weeks to Gamescom where a price cut will be announced, so if you don't mind waiting I suppose you could always trade in your faulty unit now and hold onto the credit; it's only going to lose value.

You can actually proof your old style PS3 against the YLOD issue by installing some copper shims, although I'm afraid it's a preventative procedure; if you're already afflicted it's too late.

If I were you, flameboy, I'd trade my machine in towards a slim whilst it's still ostensibly working. There's still just over 6 weeks to Gamescom where a price cut will be announced, so if you don't mind waiting I suppose you could always trade in your faulty unit now and hold onto the credit; it's only going to lose value.

Like I said befor I'm super skint at the moment and go to Canada in a few weeks so can't afford even to trade in. Guess like you said I could take credit. Thing is with having to pay for one thing or another I'm not sure u could afford one this year!

It's dead....not gonna come back on...looks like a new slim is gonna have to happen at some point...not now. thank god I got it backed up.

It's dead....not gonna come back on...looks like a new slim is gonna have to happen at some point...not now. thank god I got it backed up.

At least u kicked arse last night on kz3 as a fond goodbye!

Buy now pay later at Argos, 0%.

Yeah very.co.uk do similar. I will sort it when I'm bk from Canada after rumoured gamescom price drop.

Only just realised that the 30 days free Playstation Plus means a completely free copy of Burnout Paradise :D And what a game it is. I gave the 360 demo a try a long time ago - enjoyed it but wasn't really sucked in. Couple of races into the full game and I love it!

I... what? Really? ;_;

Guess that's the only thing I'm playing for the next 30 days then.

I haven't redeemed my free 30-day plus trial yet... is there a date I 'have' to redeem it by or?

I haven't redeemed my free 30-day plus trial yet... is there a date I 'have' to redeem it by or?

30 Days after the PSN was restored in your territory.

I think the last day is today.

PlayStation 4 in 2012, report claims

The PlayStation 4 will launch next year and feature Kinect-like motion control, according to a new report.

The DigiTimes, citing Taiwan-based component makers, said Sony's manufacturing partners will begin production of the PS4 at the end of 2011.

Foxconn and Pegatron Technology, which assemble the PlayStation 3, are in charge of making the PS4, apparently. Sony is said to be planning to ship at least 20 million units next year.

And there's "body movement-based control like Kinect", claims the report.

A 2012 launch contradicts comments made by Sony throughout the PS3's five-year life.

Only last month then Sony Computer Entertainment Europe boss Andrew House told Eurogamer the PS3 has a "ten years-plus" lifecycle.

Nintendo launches its next home console, the Wii U, in 2012, but not before April.

Microsoft is rumoured to be readying an E3 2012 announcement for the next Xbox, with a 2013 launch described as "likely".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-04-playstation-4-in-2012-report-claims

....im doubting this report.

The only thing that does lend this report is the Taiwan-based component makers who outed the PS3 Slim way before its release...however this could just be somebody being very clever with their lies.

I'm not ready for the next gen of consoles. More than happy with my PS3 tbh...well when it worked I was.

I know people outline this 10 year life cycle but I think thats more the PS2 model of thinking whereby the last 4/5 years have been as fringe console with cheap and cheerful bundles still selling in decent amounts. Also as a console that is starting to penetrate new markets in developing countries.

I hope they can come up with a better gimmick than Kinect-like motion control.

Nobody wants that shit!

I hope they can come up with a better gimmick than Kinect-like motion control.

Nobody wants that shit!

Actually, working head tracking for GT5 would be immense. ;) No need to track your limbs, and upper body though when slouched on the couch. :heh:

I just wanna ask, how many people here have had PS3's break on them and what prices were they quoted for repairs along with how was the service? Just doing a bit of a research into it.

Actually, working head tracking for GT5 would be immense. ;) No need to track your limbs, and upper body though when slouched on the couch. :heh:

If its somehow built into the front of the console, out of sight and out of mind, i can live with it but id honestly rather they spend the R&D on something new or just making the whole system faster and more stable

Sony introduces PSN Pass... was rumoured earlier in the day and now its confirmed. really not surprised tbh!

Sony has made the PSN Pass, first spotted this morning, official.

It launches this September with PlayStation 3 exclusive Resistance 3.

In a statement issued to Eurogamer this evening, Sony said PSN Pass will grant "full online access" to participating games.

"We are always evaluating new programs for our online offering, and starting with Resistance 3 this September, we will be instituting a network pass program for PS3 games with online capabilities," Sony said.

"This program will be game-specific. Games that are a part of this program will include a single-use registration code that grants the account holder redeeming the code full online access for that title.

"This is an important initiative as it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhancing premium online services across our first party game portfolio."

The implication is that second-hand copies of Resistance 3 will not include PSN Pass, forcing pre-owned buyers to pay for full online access.

With PSN Pass Sony is following the lead of EA, THQ, Codemasters and Warner, all of which have implemented an Online Pass scheme.

Will other upcoming PS3 exclusives, such as Uncharted 3, use PSN Pass?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-06-sony-makes-psn-pass-official