NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I think i'm still pedalling the old Hulk one, been that long since I Uncharted.

Was about to have a quick blast before Claire got back. Ugh.

*insert masturbation joke here*

I think i'm still pedalling the old Hulk one, been that long since I Uncharted.

think I am too!

This year's Sony E3 press conference happens in the middle of the night: 1am (BST - UK time) Tuesday, 7th June.

That's 5pm for people at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, where the conference takes place.

Sony's entire press event lasts five hours until 10pm their time, 6am UK time.

The actual conference will likely take no longer than an hour-and-a-half, judging by previous years' performances.

The remaining three-and-a-half-hours will be devoted to a "a special event immediately following the press conference". But what that will be Sony hasn't said. Is it an NGP preview event? Is it a party?

The Microsoft E3 2011 press conference takes place on Monday, 6th June at 6pm (BST - UK time).

The Nintendo E3 2011 press conference takes place on Tuesday, 7th June at 5pm (BST - UK time).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-25-sony-e3-press-conference-2011-time

Might have been asked already, but does anyone know what date the PSN welcome backs are going to be available?

Might have been asked already, but does anyone know what date the PSN welcome backs are going to be available?

Before the end of the month is their target to the Store back.

I thought the older PS3's (the non-PS2-backwards-compatible-ones) were NOT that likely to get YLOD?

:(

Fuck Sony. What the hell do I do? I don't have to pay to get this fixed do I? Cos' that'd be horse shit. I expected this console to last a decade like they basically said it would.

Having looked into it, Sony don't do shit, costs (£128?) for a repair. Great. Uncharted 2 is stuck in the console too. So. :/

Shall I get a slim (not that I can afford it, so I don't know how) (my sister owes me £1000 but she doesn't have a full time job yet. Hmmm) and just re-buy Uncharted, or break/unscrew open my PS3...can you get the disk out that way?

Slims are now around £200, and it would be less likely to break again.

I love how two of my three most expensive and most prized possessions die in my unemployment.

With the hardware reliability this gen, companies have really given a big middle finger to the users. :(

Rez, in your place, I'd screw open the PS3, remove the disk, put it back together and sell it as broken over eBay. I believe you can get a good 50+ bucks for a broken system, no? That'd be your first step towards a new system. Then monitor bargain blogs for a cheap PS3 Slim offer.

Edited by Burny

Apparently you can get it fixed for 40 quid on some websites (around London). I'd get it fixed then sell it immediately at somewhere like gamestation, then pick up a slim. Unlucky man.

CEX take YLODs?

Just pick a goon that doesn't test them.

Try holding the eject button down for 10 seconds, apparently (havn't tried myself) that'll eject your disc.

I did similar such things earlier, but not sure if I specifically held it down for 10 seconds. I think I did actually, but I'll have another try now.

Nop. :( Console just completely turns itself off after like 3 seconds.

I'm way too scared to try and cheat someone.

You cheat on me all the time!

*penis explodes*

I just sold CEX a crapped out graphics card.

Try holding the eject button down for 10 seconds, apparently (havn't tried myself) that'll eject your disc.

It appears that only works on a few models. Sucks.

Little Big Planet 2 £19.99 Delivered @ Gamestation & Game

Killzone 3 - £19.99 Delivered @ Game

:bouncy:

So forgive me for asking, but what exactly is PlayStation Plus and what will I get in my free 30 days that I wouldn't get normally?

Also, do we only get it when the Store comes back online along with the two free games? Any word on when this is happening?

Apparently you can make your old PS3 pretty much bulletproof — at least in terms of overheating — by replacing the thermal paste and installing some copper shims. It'll only cost you about £15 to do, too, although naturally you'd need to be comfortable with opening up your machine. There's plenty of guides should you wish to Google it.

In other news, Sony just announced an official 7.1 headset for the US. It seems suspiciously cheap — $99 — making me somewhat wary, but ostensibly it's exactly what I've been looking for.