NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I like how rockstar thought I know lets blame Sony they are done on their luck at the moment the public will defintely believe it.....

EDIT:

Playstation store mayhaps to return on 24th?

According to a memo Sony recently distributed to its publishing partners, the hardware manufacturer plans to restore the PlayStation Store on May 24.

The document (via Gamasutra) claims that Sony is planning on rolling out two weekly content updates for the next fortnight, allowing it to offload its backlog as a result of the recent PSN outage.

“We thank you for your patience as we work to resume service of the PlayStation Store,” the memo states. “If there are concerns, we are willing to consider adjusting the release date of your content on this schedule. Adjustments will be made on a case by case basis.”

Apparently, the first update will go live on May 24, and includes content originally planned for April 26. The second update on May 27 will contain updates that had previously been planned for May 3. Further updates are also in the pipeline for May 31 and June 3.

After this is accomplished, Sony is expected to be up to date on all PS Store updates and the regular schedule will resume.

It’s worth noting the memo doesn’t give any mention as to how Sony plans on offering compensation for any losses developers may have incurred as a result of the downtime – assuming it's planning on doing so, that is.

Stay tuned.

http://www.psu.com/PlayStation-Store-returning-on-May-24--a011709-p0.php

The original source is gamasutra who are usually very reliable.

Edited by flameboy

Sony will be bringing classic PlayStation Portable titles to PlayStation 3 as part of a new PSP Remaster lineup. The company announced the series today along with its first major release.

PSP Remaster offers PSP titles remastered for play on the PS3. The games are spruced up with full HD visuals, compatibility with Dual Shock 3, PS3 exclusive content, 3D support, and other features.

The PSP and PS3 versions of the game also share save data. Sony says that this could allow you to play a game on the PSP while on the go, then continue playing when you return home.

The PS3 versions are also compatible with Sony's Ad Hoc Party for PlayStation Portable service for network play. This free PS3 app normally allows local play PSP titles to use the PS3 as a proxy for true online play.

The series will kick off first in Japan through sales of Blu-ray Disc titles, Sony said. The wording of Sony's statement suggests that the series will also be released internationally and will also see some games offered in download form. The press release did not explicitly mention these areas, though.

For the series' first title, Sony has a biggie. As detailed earlier today, Capcom will release a PS3 version of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd under the name Monster Hunter Portable HD. The 4.5 million selling PSP title will feature 3D support, HD visuals and shared save files with the PSP, and will see release this summer.

I so hope this comes to the west aswell as other games. God of War, Peace Walker, Kingdom Hearts and Crisis Core next please. :D

Sweet. There are a fair few PSP games I want to play. I wonder if there'll be trophy support.

I assume these will work on the NGP, too. That's a pretty tasty launch bonus.

Also, Monster Hunter on the PS3, in any form? Isn't that mahuuusive for Sony?

Monster Hunter Portable.....on a......console.....

COME ON GUYS UNCH 2 REUNINON

Definetly. I'm sure this will shift a fair few consoles when released in Japan.

I'm hoping that this announcement is the reason Capcom haven't released Portable/Freedom 3 over here. The PSP market is pretty much dead in the west so releasing it as part of this range will make more sense.

Sweet. There are a fair few PSP games I want to play. I wonder if there'll be trophy support.

I assume these will work on the NGP, too. That's a pretty tasty launch bonus.

Yeah massive deal. Even if it was just a HD port it would be a big deal but the fact it has PS3 exclusive content as well even more so. Although part of its popularity has come from it being handheld and the local multiplayer options this brings. Still gonna be huuuuuuuge over there though.

I still have a copy of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite unstarted on my PSP.

I wonder what this means for the NGP.

Likely these titles will also run on it I would have thought? Gives users access to their previously now obsolete UMD games without feeling like they are shelling out and paying for the exact same game again.

without feeling like they are shelling out and paying for the exact same game again.

...by making us shell out and pay for the exact same games again?

well they won't be really...HD graphics, new content (which hopefully would amount to something more than new equipment or summit) I'm not saying I'd rush out and buy titles I already own but it gives people who are considering it that extra incentive they might need need to justify it.

Don't be silly, no one bought these PSP games in the first place.

Likely these titles will also run on it I would have thought? Gives users access to their previously now obsolete UMD games without feeling like they are shelling out and paying for the exact same game again.

Yeah, I assumed that. I just means in terms of learning from and building on this type of cross over connectivity.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker in HD? On the PS3? With multiplayer support?

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Yeah, I assumed that. I just means in terms of learning from and building on this type of cross over connectivity.

Ah right yeah. This whole connectivity lark is arguably something neither sony or nintendo have completely nailed. Nintendo had the awesomeness of four swords and Pacman VS (with Namco's help) but then never went anywhere else with it. The Wii and DS have done nothing compelling asides from demos. PSP and PS3 did remote play which was kinda cool tried it with pixeljunk eden and bionic commando but again not very supported.

Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta combo have already been confirmed i just forgot where i saw it

Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta combo have already been confirmed i just forgot where i saw it

was always only a rumour I thought?

According to a report on the Magic Box (via Eurogamer), Sony Taiwan is planning on bundling together God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta for release on PlayStation 3.

The PSP actioners will apparently boast higher resolutions as well as improved graphics, in addition to supporting both Chinese and English language options.

According to the site, the duo will be packaged under the moniker of the God of War Portable Collection.

Stay tuned for more info as we get it.

http://www.psu.com/PSP-God-of-War-games-heading-to-PS3--a011662-p0.php

admittedly a strong one though

PSN is down to maintainence from 1600 today and wont be back up until midnight.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.

PlayStation Network Account Management.

PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00 on Tuesday 24 May 2011.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Playstation UK Site

Need to buy a new Dualshock, just smashed my old one on the floor in a fit of rage :heh:

It was on the way out anyway to be fair. Thinking I might invest in the white coloured one, I've always wanted an iShock.

What made you mad brah?

And that is fucking annoying. Was about to have a quick blast before Claire got back. Ugh.

What made you mad brah?

And that is fucking annoying. Was about to have a quick blast before Claire got back. Ugh.

Just playing with incompetent players online. Fed a guy an open net goal with 5 seconds to play to win a match on NHl 11 and he missed it.

The controller was minced anyway, most of the triggers didn't come backup properly and the analogue stick were often getting stuck. I wouldn't have smashed something that was new.

It still does work, with the aid of some sellotape :heh:

Just playing with incompetent players online. Fed a guy an open net goal with 5 seconds to play to win a match on NHl 11 and he missed it.

Man I feel that. One of my only Unch matches today was me on 17 kills, 5 deaths and 4 assists. Obviously we lost because my team LITERALLY lined up and walked into a guy with a shotgun. As in...literally. I saw them run the stairs, I headed the other direction, then 5 seconds later it comes up bottom of the screen.

Pop.

Pop.

Pop.

Pop.

Connect Four. Fucking atrocious.

I have however befriended some Americans. They are absolutely awesome and we ALWAYS fucking stomp the opposition. We've only lost one I think. Normally we're around 50-25. Often better, sometimes worse....but we're great.

We'll have to get a long clan name going [ere] [ctp] [eni]

etc.

If they're on much. Not today obv.