NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Pretty sure you can make any PSN password as in they dont require mixing of letters or numbers.

You're a dumb idiot. By all means cancel your cards 24 times a year.

It's about time somebody said this to you but FUCK YOU ARSEHOLE!

Whilst we are at it;

YouSuck.jpg

I'm not gonna stand by and be called a dumb idiot but some dumb sony bum boy fuck like you. There has been a data breach, if there is even a hint of doubt banks advise to air on caution, thats not gonna happen 24 times a year because these kind of things don't happen that many times and on that scale. Sure they do I've had it done myself in the past but if you think just because its your beloved Sony (who lets be honest don't give a shit about you in the slightest) you think normal common sense doesn't apply.

I rang my bank, as did both my uncle and cousin. We are all with different major banks they are all aware of the PSN situation and are advising people to cancel their cards, especially in the case of debit cards which don't have the same form of payment protection as Credit Cards. So if you wanna go against a general opinion then by all means I'd prefer considering Sony's initial vague statements and lack of openess and prefer to air on the side of caution so I'm not actually a dumb idiot like you sire.

Edited by flameboy

I'm with Choze on this. For the most part.

what that I'm a dumb idiot? thanks a bunch....

I write in white because I'm a lover not a fighter. Unless I want to fight. But I don't. Not now.

To try and avoid an all out flame war of insults...

Nobody is right or wrong about this (excluding said insults). It is possible that no details have been taken at all and it was just someone out for the challenge of hacking PSN or they have taken some details but not enough to do anything with.

However nothing is 100%, i have aired on the side of caution and cancelled my debit card etc and changed passwords.

It is up to the individual how they want to proceed with the given information and the fact PSN has been down for a week now says to me Sony are at least trying to make sure everything is fort knox type security!!

I write in white because I'm a lover not a fighter. Unless I want to fight. But I don't. Not now.

yeah I know, could see it when i quoted:wink:

yeah I know, could see it when i quoted:wink:

Why people are proposing not to cancel their card is beyond me. It takes all of a minute to do, and is the smartest option to take following such theft (as proven by Choze's vehement 'against' stance). As for 'not enough data was stolen to be used' - if we never entered our 3 digit code on PSN yet could purchase from the store, surely that's proof in itself that the code isn't already required?

I currently only have £3 in my account, hence why I'm not that bothered.

I don't have a problem with being cautious but I do think people are letting the news sites get to them.

If payment data was stolen, and the thieves have managed to decrypt it, it's highly unlikely anyone would try anything now when the banks are at their most alert. And if they did have your details you'd still be one account amongst over 70 million.

Personally I don't think there's any harm in waiting a few days if cancelling a card is going to inconvenience you, especially as we're in for a four day weekend which will delay a replacement. That said, there's no advantage to not switching around passwords on any accounts you think could possibly be hijacked; it only takes a few minutes.

The greatest danger right now is phishing attempts, but so long as you remember that companies will never ask for your credit details or password via e-mail they're an annoyance more than anything.

Why people are proposing not to cancel their card is beyond me. It takes all of a minute to do, and is the smartest option to take following such theft (as proven by Choze's vehement 'against' stance). As for 'not enough data was stolen to be used' - if we never entered our 3 digit code on PSN yet could purchase from the store, surely that's proof in itself that the code isn't already required?

Exactly a point I made earlier.

I currently only have £3 in my account, hence why I'm not that bothered.

What about the future? When you have money and your card details are still the same.

What about the future? When you have money and your card details are still the same.

I have more than one bank account. :wink:

I set up three as soon as I got my first job.

Edited by Daft
Grammar FAIL

Everyone's quick to call out Choze but I think there's some truth to the fact that Flameboy is a bit of a dumb idiot.

I have more than one bank account. :wink:

I set up three as soon as I got my first job.

Same here. Wages go in to one, savings in to another (and an ISA) and I use the third in stores and online (no overdraft and rarely more than £100 in that account).

It would be handy if Sony were more open about the nature of the breach, the speculation must surely be more damaging to them than the truth?

Yeah, got exactly the same set up. Great minds.

Yeah, Sony need to sort their funk out but if they really aren't certain about what exactly has happened then what are they going to do? Not tht I'm saying we should give them a break, all this pressure is good.

Everyone's quick to call out Choze but I think there's some truth to the fact that Flameboy is a bit of a dumb idiot.

meh i long since stopped rising to your bait....

OOWwwwhhh! I saw you were viewing the thread and was hoping for more. You wise tool, you!

well dwarf you've certainly helped to lighten the mood :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: