NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I get max speed on my connection always. About 1.5 MB/sec. Same provider (Akamai) as Live, iTunes etc for PSN store. They infact publish data about countries net speeds.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2011/01/25/akamai-reveals-q3-2010-uk-average-broadband-internet-speed-topped-4mbps.html

If you are not getting maximum speed then have a look at your setup. It can be anything.

The main reason I barely use PSN is their store is absolutely shite. You can't find anything, there doesn't seem to be any dedicated area for downloadable titles equivalent to the VC or XBLA, trials aren't as standard with such games, few demos (and those that they do have disappear, like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. Why? Were they running out of disk space?) I still don't even know what Minis are, but they seem to have a large price tag for a name like that. Because of this I would never pay for any kind of 'plus' account, because even if the content improved it would still have piss poor navigation meaning you couldn't find it in the first place.

Not sure what you are even on about. You need to be blind to miss stuff on the first page.

PS store is like heaven compared to competitors when it comes to navigation and finding stuff. Its fast, instant and easy to use. There is a downloadable games area for PS3 and even PSP. Plus has its own section which is kind of hard to miss(front page).

Downloading tons of stuff is easy too. Its a lot less painful using a PS3 to download vids during e3.

Edited by Choze

Pacman championship edition DX is now £3.99!!! on the PS Store. If you do not have this game yet then snap that baby up.

Pacman championship edition DX is now £3.99!!! on the PS Store. If you do not have this game yet then snap that baby up.
I might get it. Lots of great games in the sale.

Cheers for the heads up!

Fantastic game!

I loved it that much i bought it on XBLA and PSN...

So, it looks like the rest of this year will be incredible for the PS3. Elder Scrolls V, Dark Souls, Uncharted 3, the Shadow of the Colossus pack, Mass Effect 3 and Disgaea 4. Versus XIII may be good, we'll just have to wait and see. Anyone else particularly excited about this year's line up?

Infamous 2 and Resistance 3 looks good and I wasn't a big fan of the other two.

I was never a fan of Mass Effect on 360, but due to hype I ended up buying ME2 on PS3. Loved it, whatever reservations I had over the first were completely overcome. Looking forward to ME3.

I got Resistance on the day of launch, loved the game and particularly liked the UK based locations. Was pretty good online back in the day. When I got Resistance 2 though I have to say I felt like it had been turned into a CoD clone of some sort (what with the loadout and perks), didn't really like it at all. Although I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

Oh and I will say, whoever hasn't played Shadow of the Colossus do get it when it comes out. It is simply a beautiful, wonderful game.

Yeah, got to get SotC. Never played it.

I got R1 as it was cheap. Played it once, thought it was kind of cool but ultimately pretty generic. Rented and enjoyed R2 but it was forgettable. I like the sound of R3 and I actually want to pick it up. Resistance has always felt like it was missing a little something but R3 looks slick.

Infamous 2, I honestly cannot wait for.

Yeah, got to get SotC. Never played it.

I'm hoping to get the Ico collection when it's out.

I picked up Ninja Gaiden 2 cheap, mainly for the extra content. What happened to the graphics? They just look wrong compared to the 360 version.

Should be getting Demon's Souls and GT5 from Lovefilm today, plus

I'll be getting SOCOM 4 and Portal 2. Should keep me occupied during my week off work.

What's a good trade in price for Move starter pack? Or a good price to sell at?

I got Resistance on the day of launch, loved the game and particularly liked the UK based locations. Was pretty good online back in the day. When I got Resistance 2 though I have to say I felt like it had been turned into a CoD clone of some sort (what with the loadout and perks), didn't really like it at all. Although I'm sure I'm in the minority there.

Well the 'fans'/community felt the same as you. I agreed with some changes R2 made to the multiplayer, but you're right. R3 appears to be meddling a bit more, thing is, it looks awesome.

I think there's a few more things coming out that aren't featured in your list, can't name them though.

Has anyone else been having trouble logging into the PSN lately? At the moment mine will never log in automatically and when I try to sign in I get an error, its only occassionally that it will sign me in.

I hate how you can't do anything while a game is updating. I stuck GT5 in about an hour ago and I find it highly unlikely that I'll get to play it today.

Has anyone else been having trouble logging into the PSN lately? At the moment mine will never log in automatically and when I try to sign in I get an error, its only occassionally that it will sign me in.

Me 2, i was coming here to ask the same question!

I'm always getting error code 80710b36. Sometimes if i try and log back in a few times it eventually lets me!

I'm getting the same error code. It's a little peculiar, it won't sign in automatically but signs in fine when I manually do it.

I hate how you can't do anything while a game is updating. I stuck GT5 in about an hour ago and I find it highly unlikely that I'll get to play it today.

Well, it finally downloaded the updates. However I have to wait 40 seconds for each menu screen to decide that it cant' connect to the server. It's very, very annoying. Took ages to get into a practice, then the controls are all wrong. And it repeatedly tells me to set up my home settings.

I'm getting the same error code. It's a little peculiar, it won't sign in automatically but signs in fine when I manually do it.

That is what mine has mainly been doing!

Although the last time i tried it did take a few for it to work.

Everyone has been having the issues. Its affecting all Sony games as well at times. I dont think Anonymous intend to stop either with Portal 2 supposedly being pro console.

PSN is now down for maintenance today.

I would assume it is down to the problems people have been having signing in etc.

They're probably changing it so a bunch of kids can't disrupt it from a simple DoS attack.

Oh thought the signing in thing was just me.

Fuck it being down though. Was gonna own n00bs.