NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Decided to get the London pub thing on Home yesterday. It's not bad, if anyone wants a look, let me know when I'm online.

Also, if I bought a club thingy, would anyone here use it?

Yeah I'd use it, go on Home now and again for a mess around.

It's one of the best games I've ever played. And that list isn't long.

Same here on both counts. Its up there with Uncharted 2 and Batman as my games of the year last year! Plus its up there overall full stop....I also don't have a big list.

Wow, high praise indeed! I thought Flower was just going to be relaxing fun! Can't wait to play it but i'm saving it for the new HD setup I have back home. Played a bit of Final Fantasy Vii today (which I'm betting looks worse on a HDTV!) it's still very good - I was worried it would have aged badly. Everyone should pick it up.

Ive still not played Flower... All this talk of it is making me think of getting it again!

Nothing has ever grabbed me about it before though, think it's just gonna have to be buy it and see what i think bout it kinda job.

Ive still not played Flower... All this talk of it is making me think of getting it again!

Nothing has ever grabbed me about it before though, think it's just gonna have to be buy it and see what i think bout it kinda job.

Just get it done mike and fast! and then take your time and revel in playing it.

I didn't like Flower much, but I really like the idea of Sony releasing these types of innovative games. Its the main reason I bought it and games like Noby Noby Boy. To support these Devs who are making risky titles that could potentially be a disaster.

Its the reason I will buy Heavy Rain, although I have no doubt it will be fantastic. If it was merely average, I would still buy it just to show support.

Although if it was a total bombsite of a game, then I wouldn't buy it. I'm all for innovation, but I won't completely waste money.

*joins the Flower love-in*

It's beautiful.

Best use of the (usually) Suxasses on the PS3.

*joins the Flower love-in*

It's beautiful.

Best use of the (usually) Suxasses on the PS3.

YES and also shows why the arc doesn't need to exist as people havn't even sussed out the sixaxis....

YES and also shows why the arc doesn't need to exist as people havn't even sussed out the sixaxis....

Strange logic there.

Haha, yeah... I er...

What?

Anyway, when is Final Fantasy 8 coming out on the PSN?

Got Platinum number 9 with Darksiders. Stupid Playfire card won't update no matter what I do. ::shrug:

Strange logic there.

Not really. Most developers have not made the most of the sixaxis so rather than support developers in doing so introduce another motion device to further confuse developers when trying to make their decisions on control.

Haha, yeah... I er...

What?

Anyway, when is Final Fantasy 8 coming out on the PSN?

It's

Coming

Out

On

The 4th

of

February.

Does anyone know what date Final Fantasy 8 is coming out on the PSN? haha just for the giggles.

That's because there isn't anything really to suss out. Flower & Tools of Destruction made decent use of it, but it's not really a feature - its very limited.

In effect its a primitive extra analogue. How often would a game need to use it? Not very, which is why we haven't seen much of it.

Arc could actually do something cool.

Not really. Most developers have not made the most of the sixaxis so rather than support developers in doing so introduce another motion device to further confuse developers when trying to make their decisions on control.

What dwarf said.

Wii has a remote and a controller, worked fine for them. Regardless I'm not buying it, unless my mum wants it :P

Had no idea that L.A. Noire was still not confirmed as a multiplatform game.

I wonder if this is another PS3 exclusive.

Wii has a remote and a controller, worked fine for them. Regardless I'm not buying it, unless my mum wants it :P

But the Wii Remote is the primary controller. The Classic Controller was just an optional thing you could buy to make playing VC games more enjoyable. With the PS3, both the DualShock 3/Sixaxis and the Wand, or Arch, or whatever they're calling it, will both be primary input methods, assuming the wand takes off.

It's

Coming

Out

On

The 4th

of

February.

Thank you.

So I'm half-looking forward to XIII...

But only half.

The last FF I played was VII, haha.

Have a missed... much?

In terms of gameplay that is.

Thank you.

So I'm half-looking forward to XIII...

But only half.

The last FF I played was VII, haha.

Have a missed... much?

In terms of gameplay that is.

Probably not, though my opinion on this isn't that qualified as I missed XII, which was probably the most innovative if you like that the series had done up to this point.

The previous ones in the Sony era were all basically the same, bar different characters and magic systems.

But the Wii Remote is the primary controller. The Classic Controller was just an optional thing you could buy to make playing VC games more enjoyable. With the PS3, both the DualShock 3/Sixaxis and the Wand, or Arch, or whatever they're calling it, will both be primary input methods, assuming the wand takes off.

yet another reason it is stupid...as you are splittering their market! Although I do primaryly think with both Arc and Natal we will see a more casual focus.

Especially if you look at the way Resi 5 is going to control with it. I mean, since nobody has an arch yet, just try holding the Dualshock 3 in one hand, and a Wii remote in the other, and press all the buttons on the left side of the dualshock. It just doesn't work that well.

Really, Motion/Pointer controls work well with some games. If a shooter is designed to use it, it can be good, something like Zack and Wiki was really good with the Wii remote. The problem really rises when developers try to force the use of it. There are so many Wii games that would have been better with certain actions mapped to buttons. Good examples being New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Animal Crossing, some aspects of Red Steel (and by the looks of things Red Steel 2).

BTW, those two points are separate, Resi 4 was great on the Wii. Resi 5 has different problems.

Seems strange the the Beeb published that much information on it.

Will that mean he'll try and get an insane trophy level? Probably wouldn't be any point in that but I wonder what sort of shit he could pull.

Speaking of Trophies I have a question about them, before I even go on I just want to say I'm not going to do this I was just thinking if it was possible the other night.

You know If you go round to your mates who has, lets say for example a Trophy Level of 10. Could you log out of his PSN, log in to yours then sync Trophies? Cause the way I see it is that all of his would sync to yours and visa versa. As when you sign out of PSN you can still view your Trophies as there stored on the profile.

Confusing, yes. I was just wondering if it was possible and if so why loads of people don't do it?