NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Whilst Dirt 2 is better than everything posted in that list, the lack of incentive to drive on the harder difficulties lead me to selling it on (for profit) early. There is no reward other than a few extra grand (that's if you win too) to spend, when money isn't actually an issue in the campaign thing anyway, you get loads of it.

I just couldn't sit there playing on a higher difficulty, losing a few times before first place, when I knew I could just breeze through on the 3/7 difficulty. The fact that so many events open up just make it seem pointless putting in extra effort, otherwise it would take aeons to complete.

You won't want to get the platinum cause it has shit online trophies. Plus, you don't really feel like you're mastering the game at any point, there's no tutorials or indicators of when you're doing really well.

Enjoy it.

Make sure you play it as if it was an RPG, and not as if it was a shooter. It may look like an FPS, but its not at all. Also, don't just rush through the main quest, you're going to want to spend most of your time just exploring the world and doing side quests. Also, you may want to look up the 3 must-get-at-certain-points-in-the-game-otherwise-you-won't-be-able-to-get-them-latter bobble-heads. Also, save all the time, there are a lot of glitches in the game.

Would it be best if I brought a guide?

I would have got 50 cent its meant to be alright.

Yeah I've heard its pretty decent, a bit of a Gears of War clone. Plus its got online co-op, which makes even the worst game fun if you're playing with a friend. Its just a shame its got 50 cent in it. If they had not given money to 50 cent, just totally left him out, and used the money to implement a competitive online suite, then it may have been a really good game.

Whilst Dirt 2 is better than everything posted in that list, the lack of incentive to drive on the harder difficulties lead me to selling it on (for profit) early. There is no reward other than a few extra grand (that's if you win too) to spend, when money isn't actually an issue in the campaign thing anyway, you get loads of it.

I just couldn't sit there playing on a higher difficulty, losing a few times before first place, when I knew I could just breeze through on the 3/7 difficulty. The fact that so many events open up just make it seem pointless putting in extra effort, otherwise it would take aeons to complete.

You won't want to get the platinum cause it has shit online trophies. Plus, you don't really feel like you're mastering the game at any point, there's no tutorials or indicators of when you're doing really well.

Enjoy it.

Did you play it much online?

I just needed a decent racing game, what with Gran Turismo 5 being delayed yet again.

Besides, I got it for the Xbox. I couldn't find it cheap enough for the PS3.

Would it be best if I brought a guide?

I wouldn't do that. Its nice to look up things on "The Vault" which is a wiki site all about the fallout games, but actually following a guide would somewhat ruin the experience I would think. The game's really about going and doing your own thing.

Did you play it much online?

I just needed a decent racing game, what with Gran Turismo 5 being delayed yet again.

I tried online once, the interface didn't work too well for me, plus there was a lot of lag.

And @ Lillster, buying a guide would defeat the premise of the game. Whilst there's some things I would've liked to have known earlier on, it's best not to seek help or come across spoilers. I would definitely recommend you use the manual though, it's very useful for beginners.

Just downloaded the Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme from the PlayStation store and it's awesome, here's a video of it.

I'm visiting my mum over the weekend, and was considering bringing the Ps3 and taking advantage of her internet connection to fuel up on PSN games, demos and other bits and bobs. A bit worried about dragging it on and off trains though, is there anything I'm REALLY missing out on?

Enjoy it.

Matt I couldn't disagree more, I think Dirt 2 is one of the most under-rated games of last year. It's Graphically and audibly strong, the presentation is great and as for the game.........

Dirt 2 has nailed the difficult task of not being a sim or an arcade racer it has a nice mixture of both. What I particularly like about the game is that the cars have a great feel of weight about them, powersiding in this game just feels soooo right.

Play this game on an easy difficulty level and your cheating yourself.

I'm delighted with this title and it wil tide me over nicely unti GT5 hits.

Yeah the game is stil ridiculously priced on the PS3 - Ebay for the win £25 sealed.

I tried online once, the interface didn't work too well for me, plus there was a lot of lag.

Really???

I found the online to be as smooth as Matt after a bikini wax - I've played online extensively and it's brill!

Dirt 2 is deffo worth a look.

Other recommendatons nobody talks about on here:

Burn Zombie Burn

Gravity Crash

Zen Pinball - DLC is great too

Everybody's Golf World Tour - It still fucking rules

Critter Crunch

Phew an unusually large post for me!

Edited by Cookyman

I'm visiting my mum over the weekend, and was considering bringing the Ps3 and taking advantage of her internet connection to fuel up on PSN games, demos and other bits and bobs. A bit worried about dragging it on and off trains though, is there anything I'm REALLY missing out on?

None of the single player games are really worth dragging it around for. IMO, the best PSN games are just about all multiplayer only.

Cooky it is a great game, but the difficulty thing is just shit. I played it on the average difficulty for a while, sometimes hard, but I just couldn't choose between them because there wasn't a good system for them.

*I only tried online once, was horrendous.

None of the single player games are really worth dragging it around for. IMO, the best PSN games are just about all multiplayer only.

Uuuur, flower and Super Stardust HD. The two best PSN games, both single player. Not to mention all the PixelJunk stuff.

flower would have been my GOTY if it wasn't for Uncharted 2.

Just downloaded the Heavy Rain Dynamic Theme from the PlayStation store and it's awesome, here's a video of it.

ooooh looks nice...comes free with the special edition I think.

New Uncharted 2 DLC for Japan.

Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-skins2.png

Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-skins3.png

Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-skins4.png

Uncharted-2-Multiplayer-skins1.png

January 28

Demo (free)

Additional content pack 1 (free)

- Multiplayer Skins from Resistance 2, Infamous, and Killzone 2 characters

February 25

Additional content pack 2 (price TBA)

- Two Multiplayer maps, one from Uncharted 1’s ruins

- Multiplayer skins from Uncharted

April 15

Additional content pack 3 (price TBA)

- Multiplayer cooperative mode

- Four multiplayer maps

- Five multiplayer skins

Uuuur, flower and Super Stardust HD. The two best PSN games, both single player. Not to mention all the PixelJunk stuff.

flower would have been my GOTY if it wasn't for Uncharted 2.

I'm not saying they're not worth playing, but carting a PS3 around, risking damaging the HDD, just to get them might not be worth it.

That Unch 2 stuff looks awesome, Nathan Fail skin is awesome. Shows Insomniac do still exist.

PixelJunk, Fat Princess, Super Stardust and Flower all look really appealing. Also tempted with Final Fantasy VII/VIII for nostalgia's sake. Also want some demos and themes, surely if I wrap the console in a towel and put it between soft stuff in my suitcase it'll survive? If you think its risky I won't bother.

PixelJunk, Fat Princess, Super Stardust and Flower all look really appealing. Also tempted with Final Fantasy VII/VIII for nostalgia's sake. Also want some demos and themes, surely if I wrap the console in a towel and put it between soft stuff in my suitcase it'll survive? If you think its risky I won't bother.

I used to take my PS3 from Glasgow to Doncaster every weekend on the train for about a year. It will be fine.

Also, PixelJunk Shooters is totally worth it.

Decided to get the London pub thing on Home yesterday. It's not bad, if anyone wants a look, let me know when I'm online.

Also, if I bought a club thingy, would anyone here use it?

Ive decided to get Flower, Braid and FF VII. I can get more on my next visit when or I actually have money to waste. Also using CooInTheZoo as my psn ID to keep things simple.

Ive decided to get Flower, Braid and FF VII. I can get more on my next visit when or I actually have money to waste. Also using CooInTheZoo as my psn ID to keep things simple.

flower is brilliant, it may actualy have saved my life.

I remember when my mate was taking the piss out of me, for buying a game called Flower. Eventually he bought it, now he considers it one of the best games on the PS3.

It's one of the best games I've ever played. And that list isn't long.