NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Did anybody watch that Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe thing last night? I'm trying to watch it on BBC iPlayer at the moment but it keeps saying the servers are too busy.

It's on Youtube as well. Not quite as god as Screenwipe but still funny in places.

It's on Youtube as well. Not quite as god as Screenwipe but still funny in places.

I'd rather watch it on the PS3 iPlayer though, in full screen.

Just watched it, it was pretty good. Dara O Brien was hilarious (and made some good points).

dara was good, but it felt like he was in there for the "celebrity" factor. id rather they used more people from the industry itself.

He did have a point with the content thing though. How many games have you got that you have not seen all the content for? For example, I have Street Fighter IV, and know I will never see some of the titles and icons, because I can't do all the challenge's with all the fighters. Thats content I have paid for. Its an interesting subject.

I suppose games like Alone in the Dark are trying to address the problem (if it is actually a problem), where you can actually skip the scene you are playing, much like a DVD.

He did have a point with the content thing though. How many games have you got that you have not seen all the content for? For example, I have Street Fighter IV, and know I will never see some of the titles and icons, because I can't do all the challenge's with all the fighters. Thats content I have paid for. Its an interesting subject.

i don't think sf4 is comperable to rock band in that scenario, i mean, its not like you bought it for the titles and icons is it? i did like his point though, in somthing like rock band, locing songs does seem rather crule, but id hate to just start a game and have everything from the start.

i mean, metroid, or more recently, batman, worked best by giving you new abilities slowly.

it was nice to see games spoken about intelegently.

Some people are so fuckin dumb. I just got this message on PSN:

"'PS3 is releasing MW2 betas to all people who send this message on to 10 people on their friends list. The beta keys are given out on the 21st Oct. These messages are tracked by the PSN moderators"

And, this is true I swear, I got this:

"PS3 is releasing HALO & LFD BETA KEY if the Playstation community cooperates and sends this to 1,000,000 players all messages will be traced by the PSN community manager pass it on!!!"

I shit you not.

Time to thin out my friends list I think.

Some people are so fuckin dumb. I just got this message on PSN:

"'PS3 is releasing MW2 betas to all people who send this message on to 10 people on their friends list. The beta keys are given out on the 21st Oct. These messages are tracked by the PSN moderators"

And, this is true I swear, I got this:

"PS3 is releasing HALO & LFD BETA KEY if the Playstation community cooperates and sends this to 1,000,000 players all messages will be traced by the PSN community manager pass it on!!!"

I shit you not.

Time to thin out my friends list I think.

God what sort of idiots have you got on your friends list...

You can tell after the first 3 words that its spam. The way they replace the name of a publisher with "PS3"...

i get the same shit, its so annoying, keep trying to convince me halo and l4d are coming to ps3. im not interested in either, hence i dont own an xbox.

Hey guys. So I just turned on my PS3 and I'm greeted by a black screen. It worked a few days ago and now it's just doing this. Controllers connect to it fine.

I've had a look at the rest of the internet and it's full of idiots and capslocks.

The general consensus is that it's fooked. I'm damn sure I've had this before at one point in the past and it worked a few hours/ a day later.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Can you still hear the orchestra tuning up? And are you connected by HDMI? If so it might be a HDCP issue, in which case you should turn off both your PS3 and the screen its attached to at the plug, wait a little bit then reconnect them.

I do not hear the music ...

but for some reason that worked.

Thankyou very much.

Thinking about it I probably get the sound because its outputting via optical, not HDMI, so it makes sense you wouldn't be able to hear anything. I get the black screen when switching inputs on my monitor sometimes — my PC uses the same screen — but turning off both the console and the monitor seems to clear some sort of authentication cache or the like.

I'm in the same situation. I have my PS3 and 360 running into my right monitor so all I do is flick through the sources.

I did press the buttons on the side this time and not on the remote like I usually do...

I'll make sure to keep this in mind if it ever happens again.

Can anyone else not get on Home? I'm getting a D5027 error but I had it yesterday as well.

Can anyone else not get on Home? I'm getting a D5027 error but I had it yesterday as well.

The European Home servers are down for extended maintenance apparently...perhaps in readiness for the 1.3 (think thats the right number) update that brings game launching for titles?

Ah, right. I've downloaded the update, just waiting for the servers now.

At least the front end looks nicer.

Thats good to hear.

Busy on GT PSP now. Mission mode is addictive, got all gold on the braking challenges. Got some exclusive preorder stuff too and the Mercedes SLR McLaren they were giving with the minigame on the website. Fantastic so far. The car shop idea makes you look forward to whats next lol. Between this and Soul Calibur PSP is getting alot of play besides on the train. :)

Still not sure on the Tekken 6 arcade stick might just leave it for now. Its expensive and disposable batteries are kinda crappy design.

Thats good to hear.

Busy on GT PSP now. Mission mode is addictive, got all gold on the braking challenges. Got some exclusive preorder stuff too and the Mercedes SLR McLaren they were giving with the minigame on the website. Fantastic so far. The car shop idea makes you look forward to whats next lol. Between this and Soul Calibur PSP is getting alot of play besides on the train. :)

Still not sure on the Tekken 6 arcade stick might just leave it for now. Its expensive and disposable batteries are kinda crappy design.

I might get that stick, purely for wireless. I love my SFIV stick put having to plug it in everytime I play a fighting game is a pain.

EDIT: Oh, and does anybody's PS3 crash when they try and get into Home?

Edited by MATtheHAT