NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

So should I follow the advice in that link I posted? Because I think that's what he suggested, backing it up, putting on PC and then transferring again... Fookin complicated.

Are you all saying that atm the data on the 250GB is useless because it won't be recognised or used if I just bung it in the system? Seems weird, seeing as you're basically uploading the same stuff onto again but just from a different HDD.

YES!!!! That is what we are saying, its because its not the same data its all compressed etc...and stored ready for a restore and the PS3 can't unpack all this stuff from a drive and then at the same time rewrite it back onto the same drive to run again...

OK, so if I find enough space on one of my computers (30gb roughly?) I plug in the 250gb with the backed up stuff, put it on the pc. Then I swap HDDs over, plug in the 40gb external HDD and upload the computer stuff onto that and then I plug the 40gb externalised into the ps3 and restore it?

If so then I'm glad that's cleared up.

First day, on a Tuesday I think.

Nah mate its on a Tuesday and Wednesday in Leeds (27th and 28th) then Friday and Saturday in London (30th and 31st)

Yeah your right, I stand corrected...makes no odds to me going both days anyways...so yeah we should get meet done....tellyn, dan dare and someone else are all going and we are meeting up? So the more merrier.

As others have said, connect the 40GB drive to your PC in the case, make sure you can see invisible files (I have no idea if any of the files are invisible, so you might as well just do this), copy everything onto your PCs hard drive, then put the 250 GB HDD in the case and copy them on to it. I don't see why doing that wouldn't work.

That's what I felt when I was playing through inFAMOUS but it doesn't ever really reach a high part or a really big quality section. That's why I didn't think it was special, the game never came to anything. And I was so looking forward to it before release.

And just to get you all exasperated a little more, I have still have no idea what I need to do for the new HDD.

InFamous is growing on me. Very slowly.

With what you've played so far, would you say it is better/worse than Prototype?

And just to get you all exasperated a little more, I have still have no idea what I need to do for the new HDD.

Here you go!

With what you've played so far, would you say it is better/worse than Prototype?

It shits on Prototurd from a great height.

Don't get me wrong, for the first 10 minutes, Prototype is amazingly fun. After that it becomes repetitive and the city, New York, looks simply awful.

InFamous seems to have started off really slow but a couple hours in I'm find it more enjoyable. I'm not sure what's changed exactly.

That's what I felt when I was playing through inFAMOUS but it doesn't ever really reach a high part or a really big quality section. That's why I didn't think it was special, the game never came to anything. And I was so looking forward to it before release.

Yeah, that might be a problem. In retrospect, I don't think the demo was very good.

It's on Thursday and Friday I think...I'm going on both days, got myself a press pass! Doesn't amount to much just an area to charge laptops and get internet...am planning on filming stuff whilst there for The Lethargic Gamers Show if you interested in taking part?

Basically first thing Thursday I'm gonna make a beeline for all the stuff thats not realised until next year and get that all done and played as much as I can, cos the queues could get annoying...

Yeah your right, I stand corrected...makes no odds to me going both days anyways...so yeah we should get meet done....tellyn, dan dare and someone else are all going and we are meeting up? So the more merrier.

Yeah a meet sounds cool. Are you in Mike?

I'm back from work now. Bought myself a ticket for both days at the Leeds one. Defo going on Tuesday, got one for wed incase i want to go again.

It will take me bout 1 and ahalf to get there if i drive, might drive both days or stay over.

But yeah defo up for the meet Mat and flameboy yeah i would be interested in helping out with ur gamer show.

Story on 1Up about PS2 download service coming to PS3 (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176138).

I nearly picked up a PS3 the other day at Meadowhall, but a combination of big crowds and the fact I start back at uni today put me off. This will wait until Christmas now... although it'll probably really wait for Heavy Rain.

Anybody who bought a tickit to the Eurogamer Expo, did you get an email confirmation from Eurogamer? I got a receipt for my payment from RBS Worldpay (whatever that is), but on the website it mentions a 'Barcode' that you have to print off, and I can't see one.

Anybody who bought a tickit to the Eurogamer Expo, did you get an email confirmation from Eurogamer? I got a receipt for my payment from RBS Worldpay (whatever that is), but on the website it mentions a 'Barcode' that you have to print off, and I can't see one.

Yeah i got a e-mail with a barcode on it. Might be worth checking ur junk folder, thats where i found mine.

Just checked and its not there, I have emailed customer support to have it re-sent or whatever.

I'm getting really hyped for this, it should be really good. I am especially looking forward to having a go at GoWIII and possibly Heavy Rain.

Just checked and its not there, I have emailed customer support to have it re-sent or whatever.

I'm getting really hyped for this, it should be really good. I am especially looking forward to having a go at GoWIII and possibly Heavy Rain.

I got mine but then its a press one so its slightly different...

Yeah I'm most excited about GoW3, Heavy Rain and Split/Second.

^ That's pretty dumb. They should just do it like top-up receipts or gift cards.

Anybody got/getting King of Fighters XII on PS3? My order has shipped and should be here tomorrow if anyone will be online playing it?

^ That's pretty dumb. They should just do it like top-up receipts or gift cards.

Should be like iTunes cards to have on display behind a counter or something. Atleast then you can recycle the card or whatever they're printed on.

Anybody got/getting King of Fighters XII on PS3? My order has shipped and should be here tomorrow if anyone will be online playing it?

I had it, and sold it on eBay. Street Fighter IV and BlazBlue are much better.

To be fair both Ninty and MS do the same.

Nintendo switched to cardboard boxes.