NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Nah that was just me stating my thoughts. There's a lotta variety in Yakuza, just read a review detailing how you can level up, learn special moves, get different swords and then use those environmental pickups etc. They said you could play the game for 20 hours and still not see all of the fighting moves. Awesome.

Fantastic news played the JPN PSN demo and loved it so very happy with this...

YES YES YES.

Batman and Yakuza are nothing alike btw.

YES YES YES.

Batman and Yakuza are nothing alike btw.

We were only talking about the comparisons to be made in combat systems which can be made in any game which well has combat..This from the guy who hasn't even played Batman yet...

I've played a lot of Batman round a friend's house, plus I did the demo a while back. The best thing about the combat is the weightiness you get which sets Batman apart from most beat em ups.

In recent news, my PS3 no nlonger registers my controllers for some reason so my PS3 is now truly redundant. Nothing happens when I connect via cable either. The system turns on when the power button is pressed but thats as far as it gets.

Edit: After a plug-pull it's fine.

Edited by dwarf

Great news about Yakuza, never got to play the first two as I didnt have a PS2 at the time, might go play the demo again later tonight, think its still on my hard drive.

Did I hear right that God of War 1 and 2 is being re-released on the PS3? That's fantastic news if it is. They were games on my to play list but never got to them.

Is there any news on any other games making the step up? ICO/SotC? Yakuza if it was every released over here? I feel as if it's a silly question but these are games I would love to play, but not want to buy another console for.

Stefkov?! I haven't seen ye post for many many moons.

Yeah, GoD 1+2 are being released one one disc with upgraded textures and trophies. There will be two Platinums available.

If this special edition sells well there is not an amazingly bad chance we will see SotC and ICO get the same treatment.

So Yakuza being localized?

Oh man, I don´t need another reason to buy another console...

Check your inbox's folks. I just got a key for the MAG beta.

Just checked mine and ........................

Got it! - Fuck Yeah!

: peace::laughing::D: peace::laughing::D: peace::laughing::D: peace:

Got it! - Fuck Yeah!

Did you use your american PSN ID or your UK one, I mean for the competion?

Stefkov?! I haven't seen ye post for many many moons.

Yeah, GoD 1+2 are being released one one disc with upgraded textures and trophies. There will be two Platinums available.

If this special edition sells well there is not an amazingly bad chance we will see SotC and ICO get the same treatment.

Yeah, I took a break for a while.

Cheers for that info. Awesome news that it's be re-released with Trophy support. I do hope other games get the same treatment.

Got it! - Fuck Yeah!

Same! Yusss!

Team Americaaa!!!

Did you use your american PSN ID or your UK one, I mean for the competion?

My UK account.

The game is a 298mb download - which I thought was really small.

Then you have to update it - 2.6gb!

The update is slow as fuck and I have a fast connection - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(

My UK account.

The game is a 298mb download - which I thought was really small.

Then you have to update it - 2.6gb!

The update is slow as fuck and I have a fast connection - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(:nono::(

Ditto. Lucky I have other distractions. Shame they all use up bandwidth :hmm:

^ You're joking!? Fuck sake I was going to play it today. I guess the 300MB download was too good to be true.

I think it shuts down at 8pm anyway. Then re-opens at midnight till 3am. With my internet speeds it may be done for midnight.

Been playing InFamous. It's not great. It's not bad either. It's just lacking me giving a shit.

Well I didn't get in, oh well.

I read that they're sending them out in waves so you might still get in.

Wish I'd was here when the Beta sign up was going. I'm quite interested in MAG.

Been playing InFamous. It's not great. It's not bad either. It's just lacking me giving a shit. MAG.[/color]

That's how I felt. I didn't really take the 'story' in and the deaddrops can suck my balls.

It kind of improves, but the demo shouldn't have dolled out so many powers. Still, I managed to sell it on for a £5 profit, now that's better than renting!

Well I didn't get in, oh well.

You may still get it. Depends on your email service. e.g Gmail users get it faster than Yahoo or Hotmail. Yahoo can take 12 hours longer for example.

How exactly do you go about signing up for the betas? Or does it work differently in North America and Europe?

Well IGN works in conjunction with Fielplanet.com I believe, IGN usually informs everyone when there will be a beta key give away on it, so if you sign up to fileplanet you have a chance on getting some betas.

Then there's the official playstation website invites where you ust have to give your ID details.

Past that there are people here that manage to worm their way into betas through means that are too complicated for me to comprehend (As in, I don't know how).

Occasionally you get betas with a pre-order too.