NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Is there anyway of installing PS1 discs to the PS3 hard drive, so I can access them via remote play whenever?

He just added me too. The message said he was from NE, but didn't say who.

Yeah I just deleted him as he never said who he was.

Yeah he's the one with the Falco (Lylat Wars/Star Fox) avatar. He hasn't made a peep since adding me but hey, another person who I can spy on what they are playing.

Well i used someones PS3 Slim this weekend.

Very impressed. It is basically a nicer PS3. The only reason for old one is PS2compatibility. The small tweaks the new Slim has are quite nice. I liked the looks. The thinness and small size help alot.

I was able to also use Viera Link(Panasonic) to use the Panasonic Tv remote to control the PS3. This is very handy if you are just doing simple tasks! Noise wise its quieter. There are less vents too. The plastic on the Dulashsocks are less shiny and quite matt(less greasy).

Anyone know who DoctorChaos007 is? I got a friend request off him and havent a clue who it is.

Aaah yes sorry!! That would be me!! I couldn't be bothered on typing any more than "N-E" :p

Will certainly add some additional info in the future :p

PS3CenterNet -

Famitsu magazine publisher Enterbrain is expecting big things from the PS3 this holiday season in Japan. Enterbrain president Hirokazu Hamamura told press earlier today that he expected 500,000 PS3s to be sold in December off of the release of Final Fantasy XIII and the reduced price of the PS3 game console.

Enterbrain is a leading publisher of the game industry sales in Japan, so a prediction like this definitely holds a lot of pull. 500,000 units would be a remarkable upswing for the PS3, marking nearly a 250% increase from December 2008 and increasing the PS3's current userbase roughly 15%.

Enterbrain competitor Media Create has also stated they expect the Japanese PS3 userbase to swell to 5 million before the end of Sony's fiscal year in March, which would represent a doubling of their userbase over the past fiscal year.

Do you think PS3 will hit five million in Japan?

Edited by Dante

For those having problems with the recent firmware 3.00 update, 3.01 is live. Its not a mandatory update so it won't prompt you on sign in. You have to update manually. Presumably its for the Uncharted and Dualshock fixes.

Edited by MATtheHAT

I have major PS3 problem.

My Ps3 will not spin discs. I am able to take advantage of everything the Ps3 has to offer except playing discs which is stupid. The warranty ran out back in January but my problem didn't start until june 2009.

I spoke with sony back then asking for proof that the console is under a year old which, because I lied, I didn't fax them anything in lol.

I'm asking if anyone has faced the same problem? How did you get around it? If you sent it back to Sony how much did they charge in order to fix it?

I honestly don't think I should pay, there is no accidental damage, nothing that I did to damage it in anyway. Its all sony's hardware fault.

I was over my 3 year warrantly with microsoft and they still fixed it for free after I said that I didn't want to pay (in a nice way). :(

This is where Sony fail I'm afraid. Mine has been broken for almost 2 months - it doesn't read any discs despite saying that it loads (icon in top right glows) and it seems to be a really common problem. I called them recently but it was out of warranty according to the serial number, although it could have been sold after that date of manufacture - they needed a receipt in order for me to prove it was inside the warranty but I didn't have one and thus was told it would be £100 for a fix.

So what I'm doing is going on ebay to get the blu-ray lens thing and a specific screwdriver, which I'll import from Hong Kong and then I'll repair the thing myself. Overall it'll cost £40.

Ah thats a bit shit.

Could you post the link(s) to the stuff you are thinking of buying to fix it yourself? I might just give it a go and if I fail I'll just get one from ebay or even the slim :P

Looks like Trine will be released this week. But at a rumoured £17.99 price tag, it may be a little over-priced. Although it is a full game with a Platinum Trophy.

Eighteen quid?! Jeepers. Yahtzee wasn't didn't favour the game too much, and I know he's wrong a lot of the time but he made a point about him not really progressing how he thought he was supposed to which I think is quite accurate going from videos.

fuck that...way too expensive...when you get the likes of Shadow Complex on 360 for cheaper...although it is cheaper than on PC...£19.99 on Steam last time I checked...

Worked fine for me too.

Wow loads of freebies today - hope you've all got the uncharted 2 beta today too - it's brill

Also 12 free cans of red bull - check the Uncharted 2 thread for details.

Worked fine for me too.

Wow loads of freebies today - hope you've all got the uncharted 2 beta today too - it's brill

Also 12 free cans of red bull - check the Uncharted 2 thread for details.

cheers cooky! don't even like red bull that much and it sometimes makes my tongue swell up but filled in my details anyhow...