NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Its the right image code, I just removed the playfire links on it.

I think it was probably just because I didn't have a portable Id though.

Just received the HDD enclosure I needed for my 250GB I bought off Caris. I've done pretty well for myself on this deal - Got the 250GB HDD for £22 and the enclosure on eBay from Hong Kong for little over £3.

£25 to install a massive HDD for the PS3 is quite competitive, now all I need to do is get some videos on how to tackle this stuff. Something about cnverting to Fat-32? I'm gonna be busy so any advice muchly appreciated.

Finally got round to finishing Resistance 2 yesterday. The ending, while short, was quite impactful!

Yeah it's an awesome game. Online multiplayer is still awesome on it, getting the 10,000 ranked online kills was a pleasure and not a chore. I got to 9000 without realising there was one for it. The ol' dangling carrot saw to my addiction.

I plan to play through the multi co-op now with a couple of mates, see if I can beat those levels.

Well just so you know there aren't that many and they're not specific parts of the story. The only story to them is the text screen at the start so don't go expecting anything special. It's pretty entertaining though.

Just received the HDD enclosure I needed for my 250GB I bought off Caris. I've done pretty well for myself on this deal - Got the 250GB HDD for £22 and the enclosure on eBay from Hong Kong for little over £3.

£25 to install a massive HDD for the PS3 is quite competitive, now all I need to do is get some videos on how to tackle this stuff. Something about cnverting to Fat-32? I'm gonna be busy so any advice muchly appreciated.

Yeah it's an awesome game. Online multiplayer is still awesome on it, getting the 10,000 ranked online kills was a pleasure and not a chore. I got to 9000 without realising there was one for it. The ol' dangling carrot saw to my addiction.

I had to do a few searches when I was doing what you are doing but yeah, Fat-32 is a must. Only type of hard drive format that PS3 currently understands. My vista would not do it for some unknown reason and neither did xp so I had to get a program to do so. Unfortunately I forget what it's called >.< But there is help from this website I found after doing a google search for 'format hard drive in fat32' Link link

Yeah its a bit of ball ache getting your computer to format a HDD larger than a certain size into FAT32. There is a program called CompuApps SwissKnife that apparently does it but whenever I tried to do it using that the program crashed you may have more luck could have been my system set up that made it crash...

This is a ball ache. Just trying the stuff on a link within the link Deathjam posted about getting the PC to recognise there's an external HDD. It said it installed stuff (as this link points out - it's helping me trouble-shoot) but it won't appear in my computer or whatever.

Now I'm stuck because I'm not sure how to get my HDD recognised, nothing about my situation is coming up, so it's going to be more gruelling google time.

Before converting it to Fat-32 my Dad needs to borrow it for the laptop though so it's just frustrating even if I do make a break-through, plus I don't have a disc-reading PS3 along with there being fairly frequent PSN problems where it signs out, sometimes the friend list doesn't show up etc so generally I'm pissed off and in a bit of a sweat, especially because there's work that needs doing.

ARGH!

Btw atm it just says that the space on the drive is unallocated and the only option that loks like it may lead somewhere is the partition wizard.

Edit: hmmm I think I can do this by going down the primary partition path in the wizard and choose the format type and assign a letter, so hopefully it'll be recognised.

Edit: I think it's formatting to the thing I want (NTCS or summut) so that my Dad can use it for this computer data and then I can change it to Fat-32. The format is taking ages though.

Edited by dwarf

I can remember when i did mine i had some trouble when i did mine but i cant really remember what i did sorry.

Your first edit sounds like ur on the right track though, i seem to remember having to do something like that so the computer would recognise it as an external HDD.

Yeah, the whole thing is looking pretty glum on my end. This format's at it's last 10% now btw.

Problem is, it's going to be a week by the time my Dad gets round to using this HDD so there is no point in putting it in the PS3. Then I've got to sell some stuff to make money for the blu-ray repair parts, but even once I get those I don't know for sure if it'll solve the disk issue or not (I'm not really sure how reliable a fix it is, the walk-through repair is rated 5 stars but I'm still unsure if there's much proof) and then there's those minor errors I've mentioned above that could be all sorts of little things that are either down to the system or my internet connection.

Then there's the hint my mum dropped earlier about the new slim ps3 she'd heard about in an advert for a lower price, which I don't really know if she'd take up and it'd probably be a while before anything happened. There's games to buy in the next month or 3 and it'll just be me buying one or two but missing out on most.

Technology will kill me at some point, I've had so many hardware issues with various things for no particular fault of my own. Meh meh meh.

It's actually nice to see that things are going well for Sony for a change. Hopefully sales will pick up even more so than they already have - this whole lack of competition facing Nintendo has really pissed me off because Nintendo obviously have become so complacent that they need not do anything but released a piece of shite once every 6 months and wait for the money to roll in. Sony has some good games on/arriving on its console and the PSN is really starting to find its feet IMO.

I want Fat Princess, Daft I know you're a lover of it, if I download it will you be there to hold my hand and play it with me sometime? Thanks to all who've added me so far btw!

I plan to play through the multi co-op now with a couple of mates, see if I can beat those levels.

May I join in on your co-operative ventures? I too would like to make my way through it but feel that having a few good hands to revive my ass for the nth time might be ideal! I'll add you when I next get the chance!

I want Fat Princess, Daft I know you're a lover of it, if I download it will you be there to hold my hand and play it with me sometime? Thanks to all who've added me so far btw!

I wouldn't mind getting back into it a bit more. Although I'm away for the next 10 days or so, so I won't be on for a while.

Ciao y'all.

You sound like an optimistic youngster that believes there's a proper PS community here. There isn't really, bar the occasional game of something. I would help you out with R2 seeing as I'm a top-tier medic in that co-op stuff but I probs couldn't be bothered if my system worked anyway.

My final, final moan at Fat Princess - I'd try to prevent most people from buying it. People want to think it's good but there's no bone to the game. And a point I haven't picked up upon which I should have mentioned earlier is the problem with feeling like you're part of something.

You can appear to be working as a team and building towards a tame victory but you never really feel more than a small cog that rotates in a machine with online games. The bulk of the issue is that depending on your mood you could really come just about anywhere on the leaderboard if you trained on constant healing and killing, but when there's nothing to differentiate you and your skills with the next person then you may as well not be there.

Battles that consist of holding square, running away, pressing square again... There's nothing there to make you stand out of appear talented at the game. With shooters you get that satisfaction out of winning against your opponent as you cap them in the skull and then pull off some insane manouver, with Fat Princess 'lives' are just expendable and I generally don't give a toss if I slash an opponent down or if I get murked by an arrow.

Overrated game of the year, and a big disappointment for me despite not paying a penny for it.

And have fun doing whatever it is you're doing, Daft.

If enough people get into Fat Princess I may pick it up. I fully intended to pick it up when I got back from South Africa and was somewhat shocked at the complete and utter lack of a following not just on here but all round, really shows how early server problems can just outright kill a game if your not quick enough to act on them or if its thats frustrating.

EDIT:

Agreed Dwarf, the PS community doesn't seem to really get behind games on here...its a problem all round though, I have a mix of people on my friends list and people seem to always be playing different things not those big games that everyone is instantly drawn to even R2 and KZ2 didn't really, neither did LBP in quite the way expected.

Edited by flameboy

It's actually nice to see that things are going well for Sony for a change. Hopefully sales will pick up even more so than they already have - this whole lack of competition facing Nintendo has really pissed me off because Nintendo obviously have become so complacent that they need not do anything but released a piece of shite once every 6 months and wait for the money to roll in. Sony has some good games on/arriving on its console and the PSN is really starting to find its feet IMO.

May I join in on your co-operative ventures? I too would like to make my way through it but feel that having a few good hands to revive my ass for the nth time might be ideal! I'll add you when I next get the chance!

Sure dude. Whenever I start it I'll let you know. Just gotta set up the mates and get the right timing :)

Agreed Dwarf, the PS community doesn't seem to really get behind games on here...its a problem all round though, I have a mix of people on my friends list and people seem to always be playing different things not those big games that everyone is instantly drawn to even R2 and KZ2 didn't really, neither did LBP in quite the way expected.

I know what you mean, it seems like we all like different games. Although everyone seems to be playing Batman at the moment, which is obviously single player. I am sure when the next AAA game comes out we will all be into it. MAG or Modern Warfare 2 will hopefully get us all playing together again, just like the old Burnout Paradise days.

To be honest there is very little games we can all play together anyway! The 2 big games i have been apart of was Burnout and Killzone, both great games and easy to all play together. But then the next great game comes out (which is most likely single player) and it stops.

However i do agree with posts above, when certain games like SOCOM came out, yeah we could all play together but it just didn't interest some, myself included.

I love being part of the community on the 'other consoles' on here but like in the respect of Modern Warefare 2... i can only really get it/play on one of the consoles at a time...

In other news i played on Fat Princess again for abit yesterday, i do like it... just no where near love it...

You sound like an optimistic youngster that believes there's a proper PS community here. There isn't really, bar the occasional game of something.

I know what you mean, it seems like we all like different games. Although everyone seems to be playing Batman at the moment, which is obviously single player. I am sure when the next AAA game comes out we will all be into it. MAG or Modern Warfare 2 will hopefully get us all playing together again, just like the old Burnout Paradise days.

To be honest there is very little games we can all play together anyway! The 2 big games i have been apart of was Burnout and Killzone, both great games and easy to all play together. But then the next great game comes out (which is most likely single player) and it stops.

However i do agree with posts above, when certain games like SOCOM came out, yeah we could all play together but it just didn't interest some, myself included.

I love being part of the community on the 'other consoles' on here but like in the respect of Modern Warefare 2... i can only really get it/play on one of the consoles at a time...

Ok might as well get my 2 cents in:

We really should try and get some online game specific nights organised again as they are so much fun. Anybody who joined in on the burnout nights could atest to this - especially when we used our cameras too - it's extremely satisfying to give someone the finger after they trash your car.

I also loved Killzone online with you lot - remember when the game first came out we all played on a sunday there were tons of us playing and it was glorious. Also really enjoyed the clan matches I took part in.

Winter is approaching, the shitty weather will be with us soon - so yeah let's get this growing community (thank you PS3 Slim) playing together again - we can do it!

VGEVO - have some nice gaming nights SOCOM Saturdays are fucking awesome.

I do agree with you cookyman....I've never known so many of my friends to be online at once but everyone is playing something different! It's cool though how the slim has reinvigorated the PS3 community... Even amongest previous owners...

Didn't realise you were on VGEVO. I am on there, more a lurker than a poster listen to a lot of their podcasts...

I do agree with you cookyman....I've never known so many of my friends to be online at once but everyone is playing something different! It's cool though how the slim has reinvigorated the PS3 community... Even amongest previous owners...

Didn't realise you were on VGEVO. I am on there, more a lurker than a poster listen to a lot of their podcasts...

Yeah I tend to lurk too - they do have some nice gaming nights though and some brill podcasts - Playstation Nation being the best.

Yeah I tend to lurk too - they do have some nice gaming nights though and some brill podcasts - Playstation Nation being the best.

Yup QFT....

Having PS3 online gaming nights here would be great. It might make me buy a few more multiplayer games sooner.

Having PS3 online gaming nights here would be great. It might make me buy a few more multiplayer games sooner.

Well get yourself in the meet up thread and find out what we will be playing!

EDIT

Cracking week for PSN update;

PS3 Content

Downloadable Games

-Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos (£7.99/€9.99)

Demos (Free)

-FIFA 10

-Fat Princess

-LittleBigPlanet

-Katamari Forever

Add-on Game Content

-Pain: George Takei Character Pack (£1.19/€1.49)

High Velocity Bowling DLC

Back To School Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

Graphic Pattern Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

Heather Haughtfer Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

Guitar Hero 5 DLC

GHWT Disc Import Pack (£2.99/€3.99)

GHWT DLC Update (free)

100 Little Curses by Street Sweeper Social Club (£1.59/€1.99)

Fight! Smash! Win! by Street Sweeper Social Club (£1.59/€1.99)

Street Sweeper Social Club Track Pack (contains 100 Little Curses, Fight! Smash! Win! and Somewhere In The

World It’s Midnight) (£4.39/€5.49)

Prodigal Son (Live) by The Rolling Stones (£1.59/€1.99)

You Gotta Move (Live) by The Rolling Stones (£1.59/€1.99)

Rock Band DLC

Freezepop Pack 01 (this pack contains the three Freezepop tracks listed below) (£1.69/€2.29)

Get Ready 2 Rokk by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.99)

Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.09)

Science Genius Girl by Freezepop (£0.59/€0.99)

The PAX 2009 Collection (this pack contains the three tracks listed below) (£1.69/€2.29)

Opening Band by Paul and Storm (£0.59/€0.99)

Origin of Species by MC Frontalot (£0.59/€0.99)

Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton (£0.59/€0.99)

ABC by The Jackson 5 (£0.99/€1.49)

Gasoline by Audioslave (£0.99/€1.49)

Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down (£0.99/€1.49)

Miss Murder by AFI (£0.99/€1.49)

Videos (Free)

-Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time Story Trailer

-Batman: Arkham Asylum History of Arkham Trailer

-Battle Tanks Trailer

-Shatter Trailer

-WET Video Short 5

-IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Launch Trailer 2

-Mini Ninjas Futo Gameplay

-Mini Ninjas Suzume Gameplay

-Mini Ninjas Launch Trailer

Dynamic Themes

-WipEout HD Dynamic Theme

-MotorStorm Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

-LittleBigPlanet ‘Sackboy on the run’ Dynamic Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Themes (Free)

-Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Theme

-Batman: Arkham Asylum Joker Theme

-Army of Two: The 40th Day Theme

Wallpapers (Free)

-Dante’s Inferno Wallpapers x4

PSP Content

Downloadable Games

-Fate/Unlimited Codes (£23.99/€29.99)

-BIGS 2 (£11.99/€14.99)

Demos (Free)

-Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman!

Add-on Game Content

Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? – Flonne’s Castle (£3.19/€3.99)

Rock Band Unplugged DLC

I Stand Alone by Godsmack (£0.99/€1.49)

Love Spreads by Stone Roses (£0.99/€1.49)

Themes (Free)

-DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Theme 15

The demos alone are awesome..

EDIT 2

The Wipeout Dynamic Theme is 100% free...

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

Seeing as no one seems to have mentioned them yet, here's a couple of miscellanious PS3 tech demos from CEDEC 2009: